White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Hector
Posts in topic: 2

Re: White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

Post by Hector »

Oldgringo wrote:I think all Mayors should be against illegal guns. What am I missing here?
You're missing that their standard for "illegal" changes when talking about illegal guns, illegal blogs, and illegal bibles.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I contacted Senator McCain's office. Here is the text of my message.
Dear Senator McCain: I am contacting you today as a concerned veteran. While my service didn't put me through any of the brutal hardships that your service did, for which I thank you, I am still proud of my 20 years of USAF service. I read a very disturbing article today that made some ominous calls about current Senate procedural changes that are in the works. Specifically, it says that you are working with Senator Carl Levin to change the Senate rules in such a way as to ease the passage of new gun control bills. (I have provided the link at the bottom of this message.) As a veteran who spent a lot of time gone from home these past few years in support of this nation's missions abroad, and as a firearms owner, I take great exception to ANYTHING that interferes with my ownership of firearms. I am a law-abiding citizen. As a father of three, I empathize with the parents in Newtown who lost their children. However, I didn't commit that horrible crime and none of my firearms has ever been used to harm another human being. I, and millions of other law-abiding citizens, shouldn't be penalized for the actions of a madman. Our schools need to be secure, but it will not help to disarm our citizenry. Please, stand for the Constitution of the United States of America and renew your oath to uphold ALL of it, including the Second Amendment. Thank you. http://gunowners.org/a01042013.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

I haven't been liking Senator McCain for a while now. If he does this his name may become synonymous with Benedict Arnold.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Hector

Post by Hector »

Looking what happened with the fiscal cliff fraud, I won't be surprised if the RINOS vote for registration and other ways to infringe the Constitution. But even without Congress, there's a lot they can do with executive orders and administrative rules. Obama can restrict imports like Bush did. Obama can have the Secretary of the Treasury redefine "sporting purposes" with the stroke of a pen. They could reassign technicians and bog down the instant check to create more delays. They can audit and shut down manufacturers for paperwork errors. They could make NICS a bigger mess than the no fly list. Obama can even issue an executive order he knows is unconstitutional and it can be enforced until the Supreme Court rules against it, which can take weeks or months. And they can do all that without having to manufacture any more mass murders to create public opinion.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Hector wrote:Looking what happened with the fiscal cliff fraud, I won't be surprised if the RINOS vote for registration and other ways to infringe the Constitution. But even without Congress, there's a lot they can do with executive orders and administrative rules. Obama can restrict imports like Bush did. Obama can have the Secretary of the Treasury redefine "sporting purposes" with the stroke of a pen. They could reassign technicians and bog down the instant check to create more delays. They can audit and shut down manufacturers for paperwork errors. They could make NICS a bigger mess than the no fly list. Obama can even issue an executive order he knows is unconstitutional and it can be enforced until the Supreme Court rules against it, which can take weeks or months. And they can do all that without having to manufacture any more mass murders to create public opinion.
An unconstitutional executive order would receive an immediate injunction. Still a lot of honest judges out there.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Poldark

Post by Poldark »

Heartland Patriot wrote:And THIS is where Speaker Boehner, if he REALLY wants to show that he has some backbone and is an actual Republican conservative vs being a RINO, can do something. He can ensure that NONE of the anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-2A bills gets passed and push through the 2 or 3 PRO-firearms bills even though they will never make it through the Senate or get signed into law. I wish I knew a way to speak to him and explain that, but I doubt one guy in Texas is going to make an impact on his decisions, even if I did get to speak with him.
You might find Boehner on the golf course with his golfing buddy from the WH ?
Term Limits, Please.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
Hector wrote:Looking what happened with the fiscal cliff fraud, I won't be surprised if the RINOS vote for registration and other ways to infringe the Constitution. But even without Congress, there's a lot they can do with executive orders and administrative rules. Obama can restrict imports like Bush did. Obama can have the Secretary of the Treasury redefine "sporting purposes" with the stroke of a pen. They could reassign technicians and bog down the instant check to create more delays. They can audit and shut down manufacturers for paperwork errors. They could make NICS a bigger mess than the no fly list. Obama can even issue an executive order he knows is unconstitutional and it can be enforced until the Supreme Court rules against it, which can take weeks or months. And they can do all that without having to manufacture any more mass murders to create public opinion.
An unconstitutional executive order would receive an immediate injunction. Still a lot of honest judges out there.
Just like all of the other WH executive orders that have been signed and are in place?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

rp_photo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:And THIS is where Speaker Boehner, if he REALLY wants to show that he has some backbone and is an actual Republican conservative vs being a RINO, can do something. He can ensure that NONE of the anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-2A bills gets passed and push through the 2 or 3 PRO-firearms bills even though they will never make it through the Senate or get signed into law. I wish I knew a way to speak to him and explain that, but I doubt one guy in Texas is going to make an impact on his decisions, even if I did get to speak with him.
After being played like a fool over Romney's "sure victory" for many months and being severely let down, I find it hard to be optomistic.

I also heard that McCain may be preparing to stab us in the back, and if he does it's tempting to say that he got what he deserved in Hanoi.
Out of bounds! Tempting or not to say, NO ONE DESERVES to be a POW. He served our nation, did the time and a lot extra...and leave it at that!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jeff B. wrote:"Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”"

That's assuming there is legislation to be signed. To my knowledge, The House of Representatives is still required to initiate legislation and forward it on to the Senate for their vote and then it goes on to the Office of the President.

At least, the last I knew it was still like that, unless that's another part of his "new Amerika"...

Jeff B.
No, the House is Constitutionally required to initiate all financial legislation. But Congress has ignored even that. Other legislation can be started in either chamber.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Jeff B. wrote:"Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”"

That's assuming there is legislation to be signed. To my knowledge, The House of Representatives is still required to initiate legislation and forward it on to the Senate for their vote and then it goes on to the Office of the President.

At least, the last I knew it was still like that, unless that's another part of his "new Amerika"...

Jeff B.
There are constitutional rules about which body must originate certain types of legislation. The house must originate the budget process. Legislation like gun bans can come from either. Both have to approve each bill.

The rules don't mean squat to the traitors in the government.

Anygunanywhere
The big problem isn't McCain, its Boehner. McCain has ALWAYS been notoriously unreliable and willing to compromise conservative principles so that he can continue being a republican media darling inside the beltway. Frankly, it surprises me that Arizona has kept reelecting him, although I suspect that if he makes passage of an AWB possible, he'll lose his next election. Arizonans like their AR15s as much as Texans do. Although Boehner is reported to be contrite in the wake of his having caved in to the administration, and swears up and down that he'll be an honest conservative from now on, that's only because there was talk of giving him the heave ho and voting Eric Cantor into the Speaker's job.

It's a given that some version of the AWB is going to pass in the Senate, but it also requires the House to pass a bill, and then a markup committee to reconcile the two bills, and then the reconciled version has to be approved in both houses before it can be sent to the president's desk for his signature. As long as Boehner holds out and refuses to allow an AWB to come up for a vote we'll be OK. If he fails in that effort, it is still unlikely that a full AWB will pass the house. However, it is possible that the House might agree to something easy for them to pass without fomenting a revolution, like a ban on manufacturing magazines of greater than 10 round capacity, while grandfathering those in existence. I'm not saying that this is OK, but it would be a darn sight better than what the Senate will almost certainly pass. In any case, if Boehner can be coerced into holding the line, the House won't pass any kind of anti-gun legislation.

That will leave the commies and democrats in government (but I repeat myself), including Maobama, to try and ramrod a change through the administrative back door of the BATFE. If that happens, you can take it to the bank that the NRA will file suit in federal court to obtain an injunction against the changes until such time as the case can pursued up channel to SCOTUS if necessary. This will leave the administration with one tactic.......delay.

Right now, they are trying to rush the process along, so as to "not let a good crisis go to waste." But if our side can get it derailed out of the legislative arena and into the courts, then speed works against the commies because we have a slim majority in SCOTUS that so far has been predisposed to rule in favor of expanding the RKBA. But if the commies can delay things long enough, then perhaps Maobama might wait until he can replace a couple of retiring conservative justices with a couple of liberals. In other words, it could take years..........it could even take longer than his administration is in office. In the meantime, it is entirely possible that the degree of backlash brewing up behind the commies' heavy-handed tactics could well destroy any chance of Hillary Clinton getting elected in 2016.

Also, there is a flip side to these rule changes which GOA is accusing McCain of engineering (no surprise that GOA isn't telling the whole story, because it doesn't suit their narrative), and that is that the rest of the senate know this tactic by the name "The Nuclear Option." Democrats were dead set against it back when they were in the minority and Bush was president. There are STILL democrat senators in office who understand that there will come a day when this rule change will be used against them, and they don't want to see the changes made.

Here are some other sources besides GOA:
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2752 ... te-january
http://www.rollcall.com/news/filibuster ... 485-1.html

This particular debate, and McCain's part in it, predates the gun-ban furor. What I find strange is that they have decided to pospone rules changes until after Maobama's coronation. Why? I would sure like to know. The only reason I can think of is that Maoboama threatened republicans with using his coronation speech as a bully pulpit to beat republicans up with over "obstructionism." It's harder for him to make that claim if democrat senators enact the nuclear option now. But they have scheduled the vote on the rules changes to January 22nd, and the inauguration is January 21st.

What can they possibly be planning?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DEB

Post by DEB »

anygunanywhere wrote:
jmra wrote:
Just like all of the other WH executive orders that have been signed and are in place?

Anygunanywhere
This :iagree: It seems as if the powers that be have something on almost every elected official and Media honchos, KGB come to mind? I served during the cold war and remember laughing about what Pravda was saying on the radio in Europe. Now it seems it is on the other foot. I can't believe anything anyone is saying, up is down and down is up. I read and hear how our courts and elected officials will save us and so far I have been pretty disappointed. It seems, at least to me, that the courts are quick to block any conservative measure, but nothing but crickets when rights are being destroyed. I remember everyone saying during the initial AWB that it couldn't pass but it did. The master has spoken. Obama care has passed. New taxes on the horizon. Now all media types, including here in Central Texas are pushing Gun Control, watch the news. I was watching KWTX today and the announcer stated that congress is seeking to close the gun show loophole as firearms are being sold...yata yata...Where are our allies? I do see the NRA, GOA, SAF standing tall, but what about our congress folks? Where are our Texas Congressional/Senatorial patriots? They can't get any TV or radio time? I know that those brave enough to be at the forefront are shouted down and publicly ridiculed on National TV, so it will take courage. Reminds me of the Stalinist and Nazi trials one can get on history documentaries. I do believe that this time if the so called Progressives, I prefer the wording Marxists, get this gun ban going, the US will see a whirlwind of change; none for the better. It seems that the world doesn't have enough rights to go around, Russia and China get more, we get less? If history is a teacher the next step is financial ruin, finally ending in the ditches for those who continue to complain and argue about rights.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
rp_photo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote: Please share where you heard that about Senator McCain; I'd like to read it for myself.
http://gunowners.org/a01042013.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for the link. It does sound like some chicanery all right. So, I contacted the NRA-ILA about it and added the link to the page you provided. I also asked them for a reply. If and when I get one, I will be sure to post it here. In the meantime, all concerned should contact Senator McCain and express their displeasure on any new gun control measures.
It has been observed elsewhere on the forum that we have a great many veterans of military service as members. That should surprise none of us.

While I of course do not know the numbers, it is apparent that many of our fellow-members who are veterans are retired from their service for reasons of 20 or more years of service or physical disability incurred in the line of duty. Many disabled retired veterans suffered unimaginably horrible injuries in combat in the current and recent conflicts in the Middle East while serving their country, and you and me, with both honor and valor.

Sen. McCain was one of two Republican senators who alone scuttled the Senate's early effort to maintain the current copay pharmaceutical costs under TRICARE. If those two had not objected, the proposal to maintain the current copay costs would have received unanimous consent by the Senate in early December, rejecting the Obama administration's insulting and disgraceful proposal to remove the current cap on pharmaceutical copay payments and triple their cost to retired veterans. This issue continued unresolved until temporarily "fixed" by the very recent socalled fix to the socalled fiscal cliff.

As related by MOAA (Military Officers Association of America), in my opinion the most effective advocate of service members' rights and benefits:

Sen. McCain: "I have not yet met a single 18-year-old, including my own son, who joined the Marine Corps who said: Gee, I want to join the Marine Corps because of TRICARE."

MOAA response: "This isn’t about 18-year-olds. It’s about members and families who serve decades in the military. They don’t join the military for health care, but it’s definitely a big factor in decisions to stay for a career. There’s a reason why generations of military career counselors and reenlistment materials have emphasized the health care benefits that accrue from career service."

This from a generally highly respected retired veteran, an ex-presidential and commander-in-chief candidate, and a beneficiary of the very liberal medical care program enjoyed by members of congress.

http://www.moaa.org/Main_Menu/Take_Acti ... _2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jim

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

Our side must stop allowing the Brady Campaign to continue framing the discussion about what is needed to PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE SANDY HOOK.

I watched the Brady Campaign's spokesman chew up, and spit out Larry Pratt last night on Geraldo Rivera's anti-gun crusade.

If that performance is the best that Larry Pratt can do he needs to excuse himself from any further media appearances.

Whether it is GOA, NRA, or NAGR, or whoever the spokes person needs to be prepared to ARTICULATE a CLEAR position - not just sit there and swing at the Left's "pinatas".

Exlain to the general public that the 2nd Amendment IS ALL ABOUT MILITARY ARMS !

The 2A accurately interpreted would read something like this :

A well equiped, and supplied militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of all able bodied citizens comprising the militia to keep and bear arms suitable for service in the militia shall not be restricted, obstructed, or denied.

For what little it is worth I registered this petition on whitehouse.gov yesterday.

Whereas the Constitution of these United States secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of their home, person, property, and the state
we the undersigned petition the President of these United States to abstain from taking any executive action infringing upon the people's ability to effectively exercise this right.

Need 150 signatures to get it publicly posted.

Here's the LINK-

http://wh.gov/UHZo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jdhz28

Post by jdhz28 »

SherwoodForest wrote:Our side must stop allowing the Brady Campaign to continue framing the discussion about what is needed to PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE SANDY HOOK.

I watched the Brady Campaign's spokesman chew up, and spit out Larry Pratt last night on Geraldo Rivera's anti-gun crusade.

If that performance is the best that Larry Pratt can do he needs to excuse himself from any further media appearances.

Whether it is GOA, NRA, or NAGR, or whoever the spokes person needs to be prepared to ARTICULATE a CLEAR position - not just sit there and swing at the Left's "pinatas".

Exlain to the general public that the 2nd Amendment IS ALL ABOUT MILITARY ARMS !

The 2A accurately interpreted would read something like this :

A well equiped, and supplied militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of all able bodied citizens comprising the militia to keep and bear arms suitable for service in the militia shall not be restricted, obstructed, or denied.

Signed
For what little it is worth I registered this petition on whitehouse.gov yesterday.

Whereas the Constitution of these United States secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of their home, person, property, and the state
we the undersigned petition the President of these United States to abstain from taking any executive action infringing upon the people's ability to effectively exercise this right.

Need 150 signatures to get it publicly posted.

Here's the LINK-

http://wh.gov/UHZo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”