White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

Post by nitrogen »

Choice quotes:
The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.
Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013 ... ictory.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm actually shocked to see as much pro-2a in the comments as I did, despite my normal rule NEVER to read comments on news articles on any news site.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

Post by Oldgringo »

I think all Mayors should be against illegal guns. What am I missing here?

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

Oldgringo wrote:I think all Mayors should be against illegal guns. What am I missing here?

they should all be deported (pick your subject from the above two choices)
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Oldgringo wrote:I think all Mayors should be against illegal guns. What am I missing here?
The title really should be something like "Mayors that think all guns should be illegal".

the "illegal" in the title is a misnomer really.

Or was that sarcasm? I am really never able to tell these days :(
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

I loved the comments for this article. Some of these people really have no clue. Some are so far out that they are humorous.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Appears they are using the "killer bee" tactic (a/k/a shotgun)
File lots of bills fast/all at once, maybe one can slip through.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mr surveyor wrote:

they should all be deported (pick your subject from the above two choices)
It's liberal speak and "illegal" means ALL guns not possessed by criminals or the government.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rp_photo »

I for one am infuriated that Obama always seems to win and get his way at our expense.

I blame the "low information" voters.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

And THIS is where Speaker Boehner, if he REALLY wants to show that he has some backbone and is an actual Republican conservative vs being a RINO, can do something. He can ensure that NONE of the anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-2A bills gets passed and push through the 2 or 3 PRO-firearms bills even though they will never make it through the Senate or get signed into law. I wish I knew a way to speak to him and explain that, but I doubt one guy in Texas is going to make an impact on his decisions, even if I did get to speak with him.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Heartland Patriot wrote:And THIS is where Speaker Boehner, if he REALLY wants to show that he has some backbone and is an actual Republican conservative vs being a RINO, can do something. He can ensure that NONE of the anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-2A bills gets passed and push through the 2 or 3 PRO-firearms bills even though they will never make it through the Senate or get signed into law. I wish I knew a way to speak to him and explain that, but I doubt one guy in Texas is going to make an impact on his decisions, even if I did get to speak with him.
After being played like a fool over Romney's "sure victory" for many months and being severely let down, I find it hard to be optomistic.

I also heard that McCain may be preparing to stab us in the back, and if he does it's tempting to say that he got what he deserved in Hanoi.
CHL since 2/2011

Heartland Patriot

rp_photo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:And THIS is where Speaker Boehner, if he REALLY wants to show that he has some backbone and is an actual Republican conservative vs being a RINO, can do something. He can ensure that NONE of the anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-2A bills gets passed and push through the 2 or 3 PRO-firearms bills even though they will never make it through the Senate or get signed into law. I wish I knew a way to speak to him and explain that, but I doubt one guy in Texas is going to make an impact on his decisions, even if I did get to speak with him.
After being played like a fool over Romney's "sure victory" for many months and being severely let down, I find it hard to be optomistic.

I also heard that McCain may be preparing to stab us in the back, and if he does it's tempting to say that he got what he deserved in Hanoi.
Please share where you heard that about Senator McCain; I'd like to read it for myself.

BTW, if WE give up, then THEY win without "firing a shot", all pun fully intended.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Heartland Patriot wrote: Please share where you heard that about Senator McCain; I'd like to read it for myself.
http://gunowners.org/a01042013.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL since 2/2011

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

"Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”"

That's assuming there is legislation to be signed. To my knowledge, The House of Representatives is still required to initiate legislation and forward it on to the Senate for their vote and then it goes on to the Office of the President.

At least, the last I knew it was still like that, unless that's another part of his "new Amerika"...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Heartland Patriot

rp_photo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote: Please share where you heard that about Senator McCain; I'd like to read it for myself.
http://gunowners.org/a01042013.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for the link. It does sound like some chicanery all right. So, I contacted the NRA-ILA about it and added the link to the page you provided. I also asked them for a reply. If and when I get one, I will be sure to post it here. In the meantime, all concerned should contact Senator McCain and express their displeasure on any new gun control measures.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jeff B. wrote:"Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”"

That's assuming there is legislation to be signed. To my knowledge, The House of Representatives is still required to initiate legislation and forward it on to the Senate for their vote and then it goes on to the Office of the President.

At least, the last I knew it was still like that, unless that's another part of his "new Amerika"...

Jeff B.
There are constitutional rules about which body must originate certain types of legislation. The house must originate the budget process. Legislation like gun bans can come from either. Both have to approve each bill.

The rules don't mean squat to the traitors in the government.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”