If They Come For YOur Guns.....

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: If They Come For YOur Guns.....

Post by texanjoker »

I personally believe most people, myself included, will probably just turn in the black guns if they outlaw them. I am really wishing I knew what the future held, because right now you can make a killing selling the black rifles and equipment that go with them. I sure could use a new motorcycle. Most people are not going to stand up and risk prison time. I just hope there are those out there that get united in the courts and stop this from happening.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Oldgringo wrote:I'm gonna' tell 'em that I gave all of mine to a crotchety old guy in LaGrange. Sorry, I didn't catch his name.

That guy in LaGrange must have an arsonal cause I sent all of mine to him as well :evil2:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

texanjoker wrote:I personally believe most people, myself included, will probably just turn in the black guns if they outlaw them. I am really wishing I knew what the future held, because right now you can make a killing selling the black rifles and equipment that go with them. I sure could use a new motorcycle. Most people are not going to stand up and risk prison time. I just hope there are those out there that get united in the courts and stop this from happening.
Well at least we know where you stand now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”― Samuel Adams

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

If they are coming for the guns they are doing so for a reason. It is the same reason a Criminal ties up a victim, they want to do something to you that they would not be able to do if you were free. So, if you want to give up a sacrificial black gun to the govt to get them to leave your house...if that is what you judge to be wise then go ahead. However, I would not recommend being disarmed completely unless you are happy to board the box cars with your children behind you.

These people are pushing us into a civil war like one would not believe.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jdhz28
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jdhz28 »

texanjoker wrote:I personally believe most people, myself included, will probably just turn in the black guns if they outlaw them. I am really wishing I knew what the future held, because right now you can make a killing selling the black rifles and equipment that go with them. I sure could use a new motorcycle. Most people are not going to stand up and risk prison time. I just hope there are those out there that get united in the courts and stop this from happening.

So am I to understand that you don't mind owning a black rifle as long as it's legal, and as long as other people will lobby for your right to do so? You would hand it over willingly to the government? I have 2 things to add to that 1) What kind of black rifle do you have 2) I'm here from the government. LOL sorry, couldn't resist...
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I also read where there have been reports of PD's getting infrared scanning devices (FLIR) to scan homes from street upto 150ft. Not to mention the ability to use satellite imagery and ground penetrating radar to scan for buried caches. Who know how far they will go, but don't underestimate them.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I don't believe the government is coming after my guns and I ain't gonna miss one minute of sleep worring over it. Passing or reinstituting gun laws, probably. I just don't have time to worry over maybe.
Skip Bishop

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
Well at least we know where you stand now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”― Samuel Adams

Really.... At least I am being honest vs. all those people that are all over the 'net on the various forums saying they will stand up and fight, shoot anybody at their front door, ect. Just look at Alex Jones last night ranting like that. He gave the anti's fuel to show how "nuts" and out of control some gun owners are. Lets remember this is the internet and IMO talking tough behind a keyboard doesn't mean much. At this current time I have been doing what the NRA is saying to do by writing and calling politicians the past few weeks. I am hoping our elected officials can hammer this out, and if not the courts. I think it will be a long way off before they do try and take the guns. If you read articles floating around, there is a NJ cop that got arrested for having a AR15 that violated some NJ law. They WILL make examples of LEO's that violate any new laws regarding ownership just like they do with every other law. Why, because everybody wants LEO's held to the "greater" standard and gun control advocates will want to show nobody is exempt. When CA banned the AR's SB25, they required a registration that cost $25. I paid it. I am sure others didn't, but then their jobs were not placed in jeopardy and if one bought a new rifle, then there is a paper trail. Did I go out to the shooting ranges and open areas running serial numbers for non registered guns - NO.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I personally hold law enforcement & military in the highest regard. They do a job that I value & wouldn't willingly take on. Although if compelled to I would do so to the best of my ability. So I would find it morally reprehensible to have to take up arms against those I think so highly of. But I wouldn't be able to simply comply with registration & confiscation either. I guess that leaves me in the civil disobedience camp of MLK Jr, Gandhi, Thoreau, etc - simply not complying with the laws that I find to be unjust & contrary to the principles of our founding fathers. If the authorities come, I will simply continue to not comply and then fight the fight through the court system. Hopefully my resolve would be shared by enough of our community and like-minded individuals that the flood of "test cases" would be impossible to ignore.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I want to make a sincere apology to texanjoker concerning my quote from Samuel Adams. I'm sure he is correct about LEOs being placed under great scrutiny by the upper echelons and I certainly didn't take that into account. I applaud the efforts of law enforcement to keep their communities safe from criminals that would do us harm.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

didn't Abbott say last week that he will not stand for gun confiscation in Texas? I'm really not worried about it at this point. I don't think it's going to happen, not in Texas anyway. I just don't think it's going to reach that point. There are Dem Senators saying that many of the ideas being tossed around DC are unconstitutional and/or wouldn't pass.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Heartland Patriot wrote:I want to make a sincere apology to texanjoker concerning my quote from Samuel Adams. I'm sure he is correct about LEOs being placed under great scrutiny by the upper echelons and I certainly didn't take that into account. I applaud the efforts of law enforcement to keep their communities safe from criminals that would do us harm.
Thank you sir. I pray we never see the day of confiscation.

Bob in Big D

Post by Bob in Big D »

Since we are talking about being law abiding citizens..... If it ever comes to confiscation I would expect LEO's to obey the oath they swore to the Constitution and not the illegal laws to confiscate!
Gun Control Means Using Two Hands!

VMI77
Posts in topic: 8

Post by VMI77 »

Actually, seems like they may be backing off a little....Biden saying he's going to meet with the NRA and other gun groups, an article on The HIll talking about new Republican Congressman (and one getting calls 9 to 1 against more gun control), and the Gifford's story yesterday where her husband said he realized there was no way they were going to be able to confiscate "assault" rifles. Or, it could just be the continuous anti-gun meme is running stale.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Superman

Post by Superman »

VMI77 wrote:Actually, seems like they may be backing off a little....Biden saying he's going to meet with the NRA and other gun groups, an article on The HIll talking about new Republican Congressman (and one getting calls 9 to 1 against more gun control), and the Gifford's story yesterday where her husband said he realized there was no way they were going to be able to confiscate "assault" rifles. Or, it could just be the continuous anti-gun meme is running stale.
All the meetings are just a show. Just because Biden's group is meeting with the NRA and other pro-gun groups does not mean they will be swayed away from their predetermined decision. They are only meeting with all these groups so they can be politically correct in saying that they "took input from every group with a stake in this issue." Going to be very similar to the President's debt commission...it doesn't matter what input they get, they will do what they want to and have already decided to do.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”