NRA will participate in White House gun violence meetings

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MikeStone
Posts in topic: 1

NRA will participate in White House gun violence meetings

Post by MikeStone »

NRA will participate in White House gun violence meetings:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Polit ... index.html

National Shooting Sports Foundation as well. Didn't see this anywhere else. I hope there is rational discussion rather than deterioration into a shouting match.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

- Thomas Jefferson

Heartland Patriot

Re: NRA will participate in White House gun violence meeting

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I'd rather have folks from the NRA and NSSF there to hear what happens in person rather than not know and just get fed whatever in a press release from the "commission".

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Agreed :iagree:

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Window dressing.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

MikeStone wrote:NRA will participate in White House gun violence meetings:

National Shooting Sports Foundation as well. Didn't see this anywhere else. I hope there is rational discussion rather than deterioration into a shouting match.
:iagree: , this will be deep in press coverage. We don't need ANY wild-eyed, ranting, cussin', in your face confrontational radicals, there pretending to represent the responsible and mature gun owners of America. At least, I don't need that. YMMV.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I had no idea where NSSF was located until I took Crossfire's renewal class (at Cabelas) a few weeks ago...ready for it???

National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.
11 Mile Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470

:shock: :shock: :shock:

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

Oldgringo wrote:

:iagree: , this will be deep in press coverage. We don't need ANY wild-eyed, ranting, cussin', in your face confrontational radicals, there pretending to represent the responsible and mature gun owners of America. At least, I don't need that. YMMV.
I've got to :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: with that. Some of the in your face approaches I've seen make us all look like we need a visit from DHS.

It is time for calm, dignified discussion. We need to be firm, confident, and most of all polite in our opposition. The best politicians will win the day.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

do we know if the folks from the jpfo will be there too?

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Window dressing.
I agree.
Same thing happened in Canada - "consultation" with firearms groups, just for show - then ignored their input.
The result was a gun ban based (so I've heard) on politicians flipping through a copy of gun digest to find anything
that "kinda looked scary", and a "safety" course written by some company contracted by the gov't that had to
be scrapped for safety reasons. The company (must have been owned by the 2nd cousin of some bureaucrat)
wrote a manual that told people to look down the barrel for obstructions BEFORE making sure the gun is unloaded
:-0
Last edited by ghostrider on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

ghostrider wrote: I agree.
Same thing happened in Canada - "consultation" with firearms groups, just for show - then ignored their input.
The result was a gun ban based (so I've heard) on politicians flipping through a copy of gun digest to find anything
that "kinda looked scary", and a "safety" course written by some company contracted by the gov't that had to
be scrapped for safety reasons. The company (must have been owned by the 2nd cousin of some bureaucrat)
wrote a manual that told people to look down the barrel for obstructions BEFORE making sure the gun is unloaded
:-0
Well, if liberals think that's a good safety manual and follow its instructions, we'll all be better off.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

John75

Post by John75 »

I hope the NRA remains firm. I really don't see the point in them meeting at all. I don't want any concessions made. I've started faxing all members of congress with my thoughts. The Feinstein bill is a decoy that will not pass. The Left is hoping to get something more moderate through that will seem mild in comparison. But gradually they hope to keep making progress on their "disarmament". If Republicans will stand firm in the House I don't see too much happening. Although I have a feeling Obama may try to use "executive privilege".

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”