Tony Bennett is an idiot!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 7

Tony Bennett is an idiot!

Post by LSUTiger »

Nazi Germany was created with the help of gun control. This idiot does not know history and his argument is completely bass ackwards.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... rmany.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tony Bennett is an idiot!

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Seems like they'll say anything now.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Wait....so it was violence in the streets that brought the Nazis to power in Germany? Hmmm. I thought it was the fact that a corrupt politican started on a vilification campagin, blaming all of the countries problems on his political rivals, got into power, took the weapons from the people and then started war and committed a bunch of atrocities. Maybe I didn't understand the timeline correctly. :biggrinjester:
And if we continue this kind of violence and accept it in our country, the rest of the world's going to really take care of us, in a very bad way.
So because we have guns, the rest of the world is going to come get us? Bring it!
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

He's way past his "Sell By" date.
I wish him well, but I do wish he'd shut up.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

"Happened to the great state of Germany, where Nazis came over ..." :shock:
The nazis came to Germany from somewhere else?
"and created tragic things, and they had to be told off." :shock:
Didn't Neville Chamberlain "tell them off?" Wasn't the result of that less than spectacular? If I recall my history correctly, things didn't get better until we started shooting them.
:tiphat:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

AndyC wrote:He sounds like a Miss America contestant
"rlol"

Or Carolyn McCarthy
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Tony has his wig on way too tight! I have seen him in interviews before (not gun related) but semi political comments and he's not the brightest bulb on the tree. Like Barbara Streisand's comment that Democrats freed the slaves. Tony on 9/11 "they flew the planes, but we caused it.." No one ever tells them they're irrelevant idiots.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Come on, we should just disband Congress and let Hollywood celebrities get together and rule over us. Obviously they must know more about everything than anyone else, since they seem to be the only "experts" the MSM can find.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

VMI77 wrote:Come on, we should just disband Congress and let Hollywood celebrities get together and rule over us. Obviously they must know more about everything than anyone else, since they seem to be the only "experts" the MSM can find.
I forgot Tony's comments after the drug related deaths some celebrities. He said we should legalized drugs. Hey wait a minute....... maybe that's not a bad idea for Hollywood.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Post by 77346 »

I think he was on something... I mean, he made no sense at all... Nazis? Really? :roll:
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Well, the violence in the streets was created by the Nazis and friends, so he was partially correct.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

BigGuy wrote:"Happened to the great state of Germany, where Nazis came over ..." :shock:
one could suggest they came fro Austria but thats far fetched

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Mr. Bennett served honorably in the 63rd Inf. Div. seeing combat in France and Germany(elements of the 63rd are credited with being the first into Germany) during WWII. He's old, he may be confused about the issues, but he's not an idiot.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Okay. I have to amend my statement. Tony did say the Nazis caused the violence and had to be stopped, but ignored that they were able to do that much easier by disarming everyone.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”