if campus carry & open carry pass, can I open carry at utsa?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TREKFAN
Posts in topic: 2

if campus carry & open carry pass, can I open carry at utsa?

Post by TREKFAN »

I was wondering that today. The bill says concealed for campus carry so would that mean if open carry passed I could not open carry at my university? :rules: Please tell me I will get the satisfaction of making all the usual anti gun children in my class move in there seats when I lawfully carry. Just to be clear though, I just want to open carry once or so to maybe help spur conversation with classmates and educate them on the fine ways of self sufficiency. And how they are surrounded by lawfully carrying individuals yet just don't know it. :txflag: :patriot:
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: if campus carry & open carry pass, can I open carry at u

Post by Keith B »

TREKFAN wrote:I was wondering that today. The bill says concealed for campus carry so would that mean if open carry passed I could not open carry at my university? :rules: Please tell me I will get the satisfaction of making all the usual anti gun children in my class move in there seats when I lawfully carry. Just to be clear though, I just want to open carry once or so to maybe help spur conversation with classmates and educate them on the fine ways of self sufficiency. And how they are surrounded by lawfully carrying individuals yet just don't know it. :txflag: :patriot:
Campus carry would only ensure you could concealed carry without restriciton. Open carry would have the capability of being prohibited, so unless the college allowed it, then they could restrict you to concealed carry.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
TREKFAN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TREKFAN »

Keith B wrote:
TREKFAN wrote:I was wondering that today. The bill says concealed for campus carry so would that mean if open carry passed I could not open carry at my university? :rules: Please tell me I will get the satisfaction of making all the usual anti gun children in my class move in there seats when I lawfully carry. Just to be clear though, I just want to open carry once or so to maybe help spur conversation with classmates and educate them on the fine ways of self sufficiency. And how they are surrounded by lawfully carrying individuals yet just don't know it. :txflag: :patriot:
Campus carry would only ensure you could concealed carry without restriciton. Open carry would have the capability of being prohibited, so unless the college allowed it, then they could restrict you to concealed carry.
I figured as much... but I did get my hopes up just a smidge. :cup:
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

Tamie

Post by Tamie »

It depends what the law says when it's passed. So many Texas gun bills have committee substitutes that I wouldn't bet on anything until I see what makes it to the floor of the legislature.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

"Please tell me I will get the satisfaction of making all the usual anti gun children in my class move in there seats when I lawfully carry."

Making them squirm when they see your gun will not result in anything good for us. No one likes to be made to squirm. We all see just how much pent up resentment has already been shown against gun owners with all the legislation being considered in other states. Open carry may win a place in Texas, but the sight of guns in a college classroom would cause alarm in a lot of people. Your efforts to educate them while your gun was visible may work with some, but others would likely just be driven to feel even more conviction they must act to get guns permanently out of their environment.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”