Colorado House passes 4 gun control bills

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Colorado House passes 4 gun control bills

Post by Syntyr »

Here is the whole problem with this...

Okay so mag limit is passed. It states the following:

1. You can no longer purchase magazine with greater than 15 round capacity
2. All magazine made in CO after 7/1/2013 must be etched or stamped with date of manufacture
3. If I understand all current greater than 15 round magazines are grandfathered

So if I drive to Texas or Utah or Oklahoma and purchasing magazines does NOT require any form of ID and magazines made outside of CO don't have a date stamp... How exactly is it they are going to enforce this stupid law?
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasGal »

The TSA will be happy to expand it's force to put stations at every border crossing.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

TexasGal wrote:The TSA will be happy to expand it's force to put stations at every border crossing.
Don't give them any ideas!!!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

RoyGBiv wrote:
canvasbck wrote:A sad day for the state of Colorado. I'm sure going to miss elk hunting in that state, but I will not contribute one dime of my money to a state that suppresses my second amendment rights.

Now the big question.........do I hunt Idaho or New Mexico now?
Please write a letter to Gov. Martinez (NM) and suggest that she do some marketing to disenfranchised CO hunters.
Similar to the marketing Gov Perry is doing in CO and NY.

http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Contact ... ernor.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe offer a trade-in or discount on a NM hunting permit when you bring in your CO permit?

I can drive to NM. ID is lovely, but far.
Excellent idea!! I just sent this to her:
Governor,

I have been a regular Elk hunter in the state of Colorado for a number of years. I am also in contact with a fairly large number of Elk hunters. Many of us have already reserved elk hunts in Colorado for 2013, but in light of the recent legislation passed that damages our second amendment rights in that state, we are looking to cancel our hunts in CO and seek hunting oportunities in states that value our constitution and the Bill of Rights. This could be a good oportunity for the state of New Mexico to market to a large pool of disenfranchised CO hunters. Some sort of program that may help sway these hunters to your state could include some sort of trade in or discount on a NM lecense for out of state hunters who bring in their CO permits.

A very large pool of hunters live in the state of Texas will be making a choice between hunting in other western states following the outragous new laws in CO.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

O.F.Fascist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by O.F.Fascist »

John75 wrote:There's a recall effort getting started for some of the CO legislators. I don't live there but I'd be glad to help so let's spread the word!
http://www.coloradoaccountability.com/cms/
I donated some money to help with their recall efforts, anyone who can afford to should do the same.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

TexasGal wrote:The TSA will be happy to expand it's force to put stations at every border crossing.
yeah then they can ask you to remove your prosthetic legs and STAND up for a search

oh yes we all want more TSA
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasGal »

Elk hunters who want to boycott Colorado and support gun friendly states can find them listed in this thread. Seems Montana, Wyoming, and Utah would be welcoming you:

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... es#p788529
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

A-R

Post by A-R »

Good legal summary of all the technicalities, enforcement issues, and other problems with this new law.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/uqum7rzdzwi7vg ... 9l6pQ&dl=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Governor signed the bill this morning.

Good Luck CO. Its a downward slipping slope you are on.

Slowplay

Post by Slowplay »

A-R wrote:Good legal summary of all the technicalities, enforcement issues, and other problems with this new law.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/uqum7rzdzwi7vg ... 9l6pQ&dl=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice review of the HB1224 debacle, but I wonder if it was written before final amendments were made.

Here is the actual piece of ...legislation that was signed: House Bill 13-1224

I'm no expert on shotguns and don't know what "when combined with a fixed magazine" means for defined items (2)(a)(III) - shotgun non-tubular magazines, below:
(2) (a) "LARGE-CAPACITY MEANS:
(I) A FIXED OR DETACHABLE MAGAZINE,BOX,DRUM,FEEDSTRIP,OR SIMILAR DEVICE CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING, OR THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE READILY CONVERTED TO ACCEPT, MORE THAN FIFTEEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION;
(II) A FIXED, TUBULAR SHOTGUN MAGAZINE THAT HOLDS MORE THAN TWENTY-EIGHT INCHES OF SHOTGUN SHELLS, INCLUDING ANY EXTENSION DEVICE THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE MAGAZINE AND HOLDS ADDITIONAL SHOTGUN SHELLS; OR
(III) A NONTUBULAR, DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, BOX, DRUM, FEED STRIP, OR SIMILAR DEVICE THAT IS CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING MORE THAN EIGHT SHOTGUN SHELLS WHEN COMBINED WITH A FIXED MAGAZINE.
Does that mean a 10 round (or up to 15 round) Saiga 12 magazine is okay if it's not combined with a fixed magazine (like I said, I don't know what that means)? :headscratch
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Syntyr wrote: How exactly is it they are going to enforce this stupid law?
They can't and that is exactly why so many of their Sheriffs are refusing to enforce it.

Come on Magpul. The ball is in your court. Come on down to Texas!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Go belt feed on the shotgun and your good.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”