Kaufman Co. DA and Wife killed today.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kaufman Co. DA and Wife killed today.

Post by gthaustex »

I don't know that he was armed inside his house. The wording of the article could be taken either way. Apparently he was armed while outside at all times according to the article. If he wasnt carrying inside, even when there was a potential known threat......

Perhaps he was and it didn't make a difference anyway. No two ways about it. Very sad ordeal.

cw3van
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cw3van »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr ... ed_himself

The above link contains some additional quotes from the slain official. He saw himself as a soldier who stayed armed at all
times, and was "ahead" of others in the same dangerous situations. But he and his wife were still murdered.

They were allegedly found inside their home and had each been shot multiple times with a semi-automatic long rifle,
aka "assault rifle".

Although it has been mentioned in a post above that Kaufman County's 104,000 population contains white supremacists,
I also know that Mesquite (Dallas County) also has some ex-cons who are white supremacists. Mesquite is just about next
door to Forney, a very short ride down US 80.

SIA
Lots of folks here in Kaufman County are on edge this is really very scary for many. Keep all LEOs in your prayers they need to find these thugs fast. :txflag:
cw3van
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,

scud runner

Post by scud runner »

This sounds like a job for Raylan Givens.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

cw3van wrote:

The above link contains some additional quotes from the slain official. He saw himself as a soldier who stayed armed at all
times, and was "ahead" of others in the same dangerous situations. But he and his wife were still murdered.

They were allegedly found inside their home and had each been shot multiple times with a semi-automatic long rifle,
aka "assault rifle".

Although it has been mentioned in a post above that Kaufman County's 104,000 population contains white supremacists,
I also know that Mesquite (Dallas County) also has some ex-cons who are white supremacists. Mesquite is just about next

SIA
Lots of folks here in Kaufman County are on edge this is really very scary for many. Keep all LEOs in your prayers they need to find these thugs fast. :txflag:
I bet there's a lot of folks with loaded handguns and or rifles within reach for a while.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cw3van

Post by cw3van »

C-dub wrote:
cw3van wrote:

aka "assault rifle".

SIA
I bet there's a lot of folks with loaded handguns and or rifles within reach for a while.
:iagree: Yup at least I know one is been doing the same thing for 40 years.
cw3van
Retired LEO

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The investigators of these 2 murders will most likely not release much detail
for a while, if ever, so we don't have much to go on.

It would seem likely that he would not answer the door for anyone.
It would seem prudent to have the shades down at night - but what about the daytime?
It would also seem prudent to fence the property and install security cameras with Internet caching of the video data.

Since they were murdered inside the house, I wonder if the murderers simply approached the house, determined
which rooms they were in, and fired through the windows.

This case raises troubling questions regarding how the murderers were able to kill an armed official on high alert.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7BchvYLZk

This is a short video with a news conference by a Kaufman County LEO,
as well as video of the house in which the murders wre committed. This was not
an isolated house in the woods. It was a typical suburban neighborhood.

The house doesn't appear to have a fence around it.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

lbuehler325
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lbuehler325 »

cw3van wrote:Lots of folks here in Kaufman County are on edge this is really very scary for many. Keep all LEOs in your prayers they need to find these thugs fast. :txflag:
I live in Forney, and am not particularly on edge. This murder was clearly a targeted hit. Unless you are associated with the DA's office here (and possibly the extended relationship w/ the Co. Sheriff, and maybe local LEOs, there really is no need to be concerned. That said, all of the LEO's need to be aware that there is somebody or some people who've basically signaled open season.

Hopefully, law enforcement here will handle it a lot better than law enforcement handled the Chris Dorner situation in CA (where they shot up a bunch of civilians' vehicles fearing it was Dorner).
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

lbuehler325
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lbuehler325 »

Local news is also stating the weapon used was an "assault rifle", but didn't give any information to support that claim. If all they have are some brass casings, I can think of a few firearms that are chambered in 5.56/.223 that aren't so-called "assault weapons". I found the coverage a bit disingenuous when they made that claim. No reason to push an agenda on this incident.
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

cw3van

Post by cw3van »

lbuehler325 wrote:Local news is also stating the weapon used was an "assault rifle", but didn't give any information to support that claim. If all they have are some brass casings, I can think of a few firearms that are chambered in 5.56/.223 that aren't so-called "assault weapons". I found the coverage a bit disingenuous when they made that claim. No reason to push an agenda on this incident.
:iagree: But you & most everyone on this forum know that the liberal press that includes most in the Dallas area are going to try & dig any chance they get. Some of the posts on the story would show we are staring to have many of the liberal leaning folks living in our area trying to show that having a gun doesn't stop someone from killing you (etc.). :txflag:
cw3van
Retired LEO

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

lbuehler325 wrote:
cw3van wrote:Lots of folks here in Kaufman County are on edge this is really very scary for many. Keep all LEOs in your prayers they need to find these thugs fast. :txflag:
I live in Forney, and am not particularly on edge. This murder was clearly a targeted hit. Unless you are associated with the DA's office here (and possibly the extended relationship w/ the Co. Sheriff, and maybe local LEOs, there really is no need to be concerned. That said, all of the LEO's need to be aware that there is somebody or some people who've basically signaled open season.

Hopefully, law enforcement here will handle it a lot better than law enforcement handled the Chris Dorner situation in CA (where they shot up a bunch of civilians' vehicles fearing it was Dorner).

There is a lot of info that goes out to LEO's all the time about threats. That information is LE sensitive. The general public will will only read what they want the agencies want the media to know, or when something that is leaked :smash: . It is very concerning the new trend of going after people and their families at home.

ftabangler13

Post by ftabangler13 »

I recently watched a nat geo documentary on the Aryan Brotherhood. Those guys are drug peddlers. All the white power, swastikas, etc. is a tool to get disenfranchised whites to join their gang (which is largely run from prison). Those guys are bad news when it comes time to kill someone though. Known for being brutal and relentless. In the past they've had hits on people's families ordered from prison which were carried out.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

The truth so far is that no one knows, outside the investigators, what is going on...

The information floated out to the new media has a purpose...It is a classic watch my right hand, but ignore the left...

The two pieces of information out there is the Aryan Nation shlups...Sure, that kinda fits...It has some history...

The "new" thing is the Drug Cartels involvement, this style of hit falls into their balliwick...Multiple gunshots on its victims...

Obviously, since we are also told by Janet Nepalitano, that our borders are as secure as SHE has ever seen them, and the claim that there is NO spillover violence coming to our side is obviously in question...But since the targets are high profile judicial system folks...The risk to us, for now, is minimal...Unless you are in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Now that the government is pulling funding for BP operations, in all sectors, it is obvious to me our country has technically lost the border...They just won't admit it...Add to the fact that the compramisers we have in D.C. want to bless the illegals in this country now...They can't wait to solidify the complete failure of the moderates in the republican party, and will leave the conservative force out to dry...

Things like this will continue to happen...It is only going to get worse, and the news worthy-ness will wane to the point where if it doesn't land in your lap, pretty soon we will not hear anymore about things like this...

With all the pressures to disarm us, and keep us from effectively defending ourselves in public, it is imperative that we think how we might have to re-adjust our awareness and our interaction while in public...That is an individual decision, and obviously my outlook is a bit more global at this point...We might for the next few years be able to go along as we have been...But the threats are still going to be out there, and no longer can we say with any confidense that folks mostly go out looking for trouble...Trouble is finding us...And we need to re-think how we do things...

This is just my opinion, and not one to raise anyones ire or dander at my drivle...

I am just not surprised anymore by things like this...

Whats funny, is that since I am part of the establishment in the republican party, we have our quarterly meetings where many elected officials and law enforcement, judges, and the DA's come to our meetings...My concern is the place where we do meet is off-limits to my ability to carry a firearm for lawful self defensive purposes...

And that does concern me now...I have a decision to make...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

scud runner wrote:This sounds like a job for Raylan Givens.
:iagree: x2. Sad the season is over.
I had a friend who grew up in Kaufman. By her accounts, there was a strong presence of supremacists in Kaufman. That is not to say anything about anyone currently living there, or to make any personal generalizations about the county. My mother lives on the border (Dallas side) of Kaufman County, so I am familiar with the good people of Kaufman County. I hope that these deaths are not in vain as the good people of Kaufman County and the local Prosecuters fight against the vitriol spewed from the mouths of these lowlifes.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”