Kaufman Co. DA and Wife killed today.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Kaufman Co. DA and Wife killed today.

Post by C-dub »

I wasn't quite sure where to put this. Here seemed as good a place as any.

http://www.kaufmanherald.com/mobile/new ... f887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is being investigated to see if it is related to other recent shootings.
Last edited by C-dub on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Kaufman Co. DA and Wife killed today.

Post by jmra »

Just saw that. Doesn't sound like they are releasing much info.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RX8er
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RX8er »

Wow, I wonder if this has any relation to the other shooting (ADA) there in the last couple of months.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RX8er wrote:Wow, I wonder if this has any relation to the other shooting (ADA) there in the last couple of months.
That's what they're checking into and the CO prison guy last week.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

First the ADA then the DA and his wife in the same county. That is real trouble.

jmra

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:First the ADA then the DA and his wife in the same county. That is real trouble.
:iagree:
Sounds like something that would happen south of the border.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

jmra wrote:
philip964 wrote:First the ADA then the DA and his wife in the same county. That is real trouble.
The south of the border has moved here. Thanks to our wonderful politicians, we will now be dealing with this here. Pray for all of our law enforcement people. Their lives are at great risk.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

baldeagle wrote:
jmra wrote:
The south of the border has moved here. Thanks to our wonderful politicians, we will now be dealing with this here. Pray for all of our law enforcement people. Their lives are at great risk.
Law enforcement officials actually suspect members of a white supremacist group;
In December, the Texas Department of Public Safety had issued a statewide bulletin warning that authorities had received “credible information” that the Aryan Brotherhood was “actively planning retaliation against law enforcement officials” who helped secure indictments in Houston against dozens of members, including the gang’s leadership.

“High ranking members … are involved in issuing orders to inflict ‘mass casualties or death’ to law enforcement officials who were involved in cases where Aryan Brotherhood of Texas are facing life sentences or the death penalty,” the bulletin stated.
Ebel, the CO shooter was part of another white supremacist group, the 211 prison gang, hence the investigation into a possible link between the groups and the crimes.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I lived near Kaufman for several years and have been to the courthouse there many times. It is not a town given to national news so having the Assistant DA murdered in an obvious hit and then the DA and his wife only 2 months later just does not seem a likely coincidence. I feel sorry for those who work there at the courthouse in Kaufman. They have to now be completely alarmed at the likely hood this is a vendetta against law enforcement there. The door to the DA's home was kicked in. You just never know when trouble comes. Carry 24/7 even inside your home. If a man with a knife can kill you even starting 21 feet away, how much faster can a man bursting in your door shoot you?
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Couldn't make the link from OP work...

Here's a couple more but not much more detail than what's been given here already...

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/21837050/kau" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-district-at ... 07488.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting that a witness in the Yahoo News link says sheriff's deputies were parked in the driveway of the DA for a month after the ADA was killed. I wonder if the BG just waited them out and then made his move after the attention subsided?

Sad and scary at the same time...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:I live in Henderson county and we share part of our border with Kaufman county. This is really sad news for our area. I believe someone is ordering hits and is specifically targeting Kaufman county. Our prayers go out to the ADA and DA's family. I hope they get the perps that are doing this. I suspect that they will. This has really captured the attention of the law enforcement community.
I just hope it doesn't trickle down to Henderson County next. It is too close to home and a very chilling crime. I'm sure they (law enforcement) have left no stone unturned in the search for the ADA's killer. The search will be more intense than ever imagined now that the DA and his wife have been murdered. Kaufman County along with the Texas Rangers and the FBI will probably put every resource they have into finding those responsible for these heinous acts.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Unfortunately there is a lot going on. The media will release details when they get it.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Dadtodabone wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
jmra wrote:
Law enforcement officials actually suspect members of a white supremacist group;
In December, the Texas Department of Public Safety had issued a statewide bulletin warning that authorities had received “credible information” that the Aryan Brotherhood was “actively planning retaliation against law enforcement officials” who helped secure indictments in Houston against dozens of members, including the gang’s leadership.

“High ranking members … are involved in issuing orders to inflict ‘mass casualties or death’ to law enforcement officials who were involved in cases where Aryan Brotherhood of Texas are facing life sentences or the death penalty,” the bulletin stated.
Ebel, the CO shooter was part of another white supremacist group, the 211 prison gang, hence the investigation into a possible link between the groups and the crimes.
While everything you say is true, it doesn't negate what I said. The mexican cartels have moved in to America and are everywhere, including small towns you would never suspect. And those guys don't have the least bit of compunction about killing law enforcement personnel.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr ... ed_himself

The above link contains some additional quotes from the slain official. He saw himself as a soldier who stayed armed at all
times, and was "ahead" of others in the same dangerous situations. But he and his wife were still murdered.

They were allegedly found inside their home and had each been shot multiple times with a semi-automatic long rifle,
aka "assault rifle".

Although it has been mentioned in a post above that Kaufman County's 104,000 population contains white supremacists,
I also know that Mesquite (Dallas County) also has some ex-cons who are white supremacists. Mesquite is just about next
door to Forney, a very short ride down US 80.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”