If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 8

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility

Post by baldeagle »

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?
Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.
A very well written and argued article. I'm sure it will give liberals the vapors.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RAM4171
Posts in topic: 4
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Re: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility

Post by RAM4171 »

Thank you Baldeagle :tiphat:
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gthaustex »

Very interesting read. Good food for thought. :clapping:

E10

Post by E10 »

You may, by the letter and spirit of the constitution, have a right to fight, but you should understand that's a battle you're almost sure to lose, with up to fatal results. The cops or the feds are going to be better staffed, armed, and equipped than you are. Better to let them take your guns (those they can find, anyway) and fight the battle in the courts. It'll give Mr. Cotton something to do. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean much if you're not alive to exercise it.

lrpettit
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrpettit »

E10 wrote:You may, by the letter and spirit of the constitution, have a right to fight, but you should understand that's a battle you're almost sure to lose, with up to fatal results. The cops or the feds are going to be better staffed, armed, and equipped than you are. Better to let them take your guns (those they can find, anyway) and fight the battle in the courts. It'll give Mr. Cotton something to do. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean much if you're not alive to exercise it.
Unfortunately, :iagree:
Opinions are my own, commonly worthless, and should not be relied upon. I am not a lawyer.
LTC Holder

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

lrpettit wrote:
E10 wrote:You may, by the letter and spirit of the constitution, have a right to fight, but you should understand that's a battle you're almost sure to lose, with up to fatal results. The cops or the feds are going to be better staffed, armed, and equipped than you are. Better to let them take your guns (those they can find, anyway) and fight the battle in the courts. It'll give Mr. Cotton something to do. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean much if you're not alive to exercise it.
Unfortunately, :iagree:
I would rather, and am prepared to be with God than live under despotism here. God forbid this should come to pass, but it is a possibility one should consider before crunch time.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

Kinda like a pedestrian having the right of way in a crosswalk. The truck always wins.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RAM4171

Post by RAM4171 »

jmra wrote:
Kinda like a pedestrian having the right of way in a crosswalk. The truck always wins.
I call that the "Gross tonage rule"
Μολὼν λαβέ
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Does anyone really think, that if it comes to the government mass confiscating firearms, that the owners of those firearms would then be able to prevail in court? Do you believe that the government would actually go through the time and effort of mass confiscating firearms if they thought it might be thrown out in court? I'm pretty certain that if our nation gets to the point that the government feels at ease enough to send Federal agents door-to-door seizing firearms on a mass scale, that the time for courts will have passed. I hope I never see that day. I promise I am no combat veteran and I do not have those sorts of skills, but if I let them do that to me, then I would be living like a subject, not a citizen.

jmra

Post by jmra »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Does anyone really think, that if it comes to the government mass confiscating firearms, that the owners of those firearms would then be able to prevail in court? Do you believe that the government would actually go through the time and effort of mass confiscating firearms if they thought it might be thrown out in court? I'm pretty certain that if our nation gets to the point that the government feels at ease enough to send Federal agents door-to-door seizing firearms on a mass scale, that the time for courts will have passed. I hope I never see that day. I promise I am no combat veteran and I do not have those sorts of skills, but if I let them do that to me, then I would be living like a subject, not a citizen.
The key is not to be the first to lose your guns and hope and pray that the people rise up when it starts. United we stand...
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RAM4171

Post by RAM4171 »

jmra wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:Does anyone really think, that if it comes to the government mass confiscating firearms, that the owners of those firearms would then be able to prevail in court? Do you believe that the government would actually go through the time and effort of mass confiscating firearms if they thought it might be thrown out in court? I'm pretty certain that if our nation gets to the point that the government feels at ease enough to send Federal agents door-to-door seizing firearms on a mass scale, that the time for courts will have passed. I hope I never see that day. I promise I am no combat veteran and I do not have those sorts of skills, but if I let them do that to me, then I would be living like a subject, not a citizen.
The key is not to be the first to lose your guns and hope and pray that the people rise up when it starts. United we stand...
:iagree:
Too bad I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident.
"The GOP will save us" anygunanywhere TM
Μολὼν λαβέ

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

It also doesn't mean much if you're not willing to die for it.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

jmra wrote:
Then how do you explain US v Britain? ISTR that we won that fight, even though the whole world, including many soon-to-be Americans, didn't think we had a snowball's chance in summertime.

RAM4171

Post by RAM4171 »

baldeagle wrote:
And that's the key. How many TRUE patriots do we have in our great nation these days. However as our Forefathers taught us, a determined few may prevail.
Μολὼν λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

baldeagle wrote:
:iagree:
But what do you do if your 13 yr old and 11 yr old are sitting in the living room when they knock on the door. I may be willing to die defending those rights but I know my boys would grad their ARs (that we lost in the boating accident) the same time I grab mine. Would you be willing to let them die beside you? Or would you along with your boys live to fight another day?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”