IRS APOLOGIZES FOR TARGETING TEA PARTY GROUPS

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 3

Re: IRS APOLOGIZES FOR TARGETING TEA PARTY GROUPS

Post by Dadtodabone »

talltex wrote:
Purplehood wrote:This whole administration is starting to remind me of Tammany Hall.

I know, I know... y'all could have told me that 4 years ago.

EDIT: OMG, you guys were serious about the Bush-connection! LOL.
It IS like Tammany Hall...but remember where BHO's political career was nurtured...Chicago...the closest thing to Tammany Hall in the modern era. The Chicago political machine has fed on corruption and payoffs since the days of Al Capone. Their Governor, who was forced out of office on corruption charges, then tried to auction off the Senate seat and acted like it wasn't a big deal when he got caught !
It's not a big deal in Illinois, 4 out of the last 7 governors of that great state have gone to prison. U.S. Reps. Dan Rostenkowski and Jesse Jackson Jr., lead a list of dozens of other office holders, power brokers, and fundraisers who have, are now, or soon will be serving Federal time for fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, bribery, extortion, malfeasance in office, etc. Antoin "Tony" Rezko (where did Obama get all that money?) is also numbered amongst them.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well, it may be business as usual in Chi-town, but other progressives are starting to get their unmentionables in a wad:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ive-Groups
The progressive-leaning investigative journalism group ProPublica says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office that targeted and harassed conservative tax-exempt groups during the 2012 election cycle gave the progressive group nine confidential applications of conservative groups whose tax-exempt status was pending.
The commendable admission lends further evidence to the lengths the IRS went during an election cycle to silence tea party and limited government voices.
ProPublica says the documents the IRS gave them were “not supposed to be made public”:
The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year... In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)
The group says that "no unapproved applications from liberal groups were sent to ProPublica.”
When even a group like ProPublica is calling the KGB....excuse me.....I mean the IRS out on this, you know they are REALLY worried about what might happen when the shoe is on the other foot, and they're not liking it one bit.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

And more scandal with the IRS:
The revelations continue. I'm starting to actually enjoy this.

In the words of George Will: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
George Will wrote:
“He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavored to . . . cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be initiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.”

— Article II, Section 1, Articles of Impeachment against Richard M. Nixon, adopted by the House Judiciary Committee, July 29, 1974
The burglary occurred in 1972, the climax came in 1974, but40 years ago this week — May 17, 1973 — the Senate Watergate hearings began exploring the nature of Richard Nixon’s administration. Now the nature of Barack Obama’s administration is being clarified as revelations about IRS targeting of conservative groups merge with myriad Benghazi mendacities.
I love that quote: "Now the nature of Barack Obama's administration is being clarified....." Of course, conservatives and libertarians have been saying this all along. The Good Book says ye shall be known by your fruits. Exactly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

I was 22 when Watergate started. I did not particularly love Nixon (although many of his policies I liked) it seemed at the time the national media just was not interested in Watergate. There were just these two reporters that kept hammering at it. Later it came out Nixon had an enemies list and sicked the IRS on them. Nixon actually had no involvement in the Watergate break in. Only later in covering up what had happened. Stonewalling was the tactic that Nixon's group used to slow everything down. The truth seemed to come out at a snails pace, with the President not wanting to come clean on what had really happened. At one point Nixon faked a supposed Russian attack or something like that, just to try and take everyone's eyes off the ball.

Most everyone who was my age or older remembers all of this. The press may have smelled blood in the water today. The bloom may be off the rose. Things may have changed today. We will see.

I know the democrats wished now they had a stronger vice president.

Gun control will be off the front page for a while.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 63945.html
KMOV anchor: The IRS is targeting me
By DYLAN BYERS | 5/14/13 12:44 PM EDT
Larry Conners, a veteran local news anchor at KMOV Channel 4 in St. Louis, says that the Internal Revenue Service has been targeting him since an April 2012 interview he conducted with President Obama -- a fact that he dismissed as coincidence until the recent reports about the IRS targeting conservative groups.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/i ... 91298.html
Israel-related groups also pointed to IRS scrutiny
By JOSH GERSTEIN | 5/13/13 7:18 PM EDT
The same Internal Revenue Service office that singled out Tea Party groups for extra scrutiny also challenged Israel-related organizations, at least one of which filed suit over the agency’s handling of its application for tax-exempt status.
The trouble for the Israel-focused groups seems to have had different origins than that experienced by conservative groups, but at times the effort seems to have been equally ham-handed.

A leader of one of the organizations involved, Lori Lowenthal Marcus of Z Street, said Monday that she was convinced the added attention her group got was no accident.
“I can’t believe it was just about Z Street, because it’s a tiny organization,” Lowenthal Marcus said of the group, which has been critical of President Barack Obama for being too cozy with left-leaning Jewish groups like J Street and with pro-Palestinian entities.

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

A couple of boobs on CNN are trying to defend the IRS right now. Even going so far as to say there should have been more scrutiny. :grumble
Psalm 91:2

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

Dianne Sawyer on ABC news tonight said something about this being a problem for the Obama administration because "they pride themselves on being scandle-free". :headscratch

Guess they don't count F & F.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

This is my .02. I think this is going to be bad for the admin...really bad. They cannot say "The president and everyone here had nothing to do with F&F." Then say "The president and his staff had nothing to do with the Bengazi dereliction of duty and cover up." Then say "No one in our administration knew anything about the IRS directives" Then say "no one in our administration had anything to do with wiretapping the AP." Someone is going to ask if they are absent with out leave for all of these things...what are we paying these idiots for!

Obama is one slick snake, but you cannot say with any amount of credibility that as president you and your staff knew nothing about any of this. I think Obama could get out of F&F, Bengazi was going to be a stretch, but he was going to try dump it on Hillary, Susan Rice, and a speech writer. Add on the IRS and the AP wire tapping-- now all four scandals will come down on his head. His only defense now, is that he is an empty shirt in which case he should be tossed out for not doing his job.

Couldn't happen to more deserving people.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

texan4ut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texan4ut »

I think the AP scandal will be the one that brings him down The lamestream media that loves him so much that he could do no wrong, it is all everybody else's fault, now have been pick pocketed and the goods stolen on them, they can't trust him anymore and I already see them going after him more so now on Bengazi, and the IRS scandal. That old saying don't bite the hand that feeds you, I think he just did.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

thu wun has been an empty suit since the day he replaced his dope smoking tie-dyed shirts for a suit
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 24

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I can't think of one that was worse.
Carter's micro-management and complete ineptitude was pretty terrible.
Remember ~20% interest rates on mortgages? Inflation? Double digit unemployment?
His legacy was shined up by the Camp David Accords, for which he certainly deserve substantial credit.

However inept, Carter never approached the outright thuggery and dishonor of the Obama administration.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Remember ~20% interest rates on mortgages? Inflation? Double digit unemployment?
His legacy was shined up by the Camp David Accords, for which he certainly deserve substantial credit.

However inept, Carter never approached the outright thuggery and dishonor of the Obama administration.
Carter was incompetent. Obama is evil. BIG difference.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 2farnorth »

I'm willing to bet that Obama's chief handler, Valerie Jarrett, probably knows all the fine details of all these scandals. Just before Christmas she made a statement about those who oppose her will pay. She also said that they didn't have to worry about congress anymore! Something is up. Let's keep an eye on what's going on in the background while they are playing these distractions in front of us. Something doesn't smell right.... :waiting:
N5PNZ

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

sjfcontrol wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:

Carter was incompetent. Obama is evil. BIG difference.

^^^ THIS^^^
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”