Should we just send all members of Congress home?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SlickTX
Posts in topic: 1

Should we just send all members of Congress home?

Post by SlickTX »

Since the POTUS and the administration have decided that they can selectively ignore, delay or reinterpret existing laws why should our Congress-perps ever pass another law since any future president can now decide they don't like some or all of it?
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Should we just send all members of Congress home?

Post by cb1000rider »

Because congress never uses ignore, delay, or other political tactics to get what they want?

I want to send them home, not because of the administration, but because they are, as a whole, a bunch of special-interest pandering self-serving crooks that don't play by the same rules as the rest of us.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I have advocated replacing every one of them next election for some years. There are a few really good people who would be lost but the effect on the new ones would be salutary indeed. They might even pay attention to "We, The People..." for a change.

Send them all home and replace them with folks who pay attention.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

But they need to go home with out all the perks that have entitled themselves to.

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

IIRC there is a group that is trying to do this: GOOH. Get out of Our House. They have a website and Facebook page. I remember hearing about them during the 2008 or 2010 election cycle. I haven't seen anything since. They had some good ideas and some that were probably harder to live with (maybe too idealistic to be practical?). It's been a while...

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

I think it would be better to drop them off in the Amazon rainforest with the clothes on their backs and the contents of their pockets, and see who makes it back. :anamatedbanana
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

JALLEN wrote:I have advocated replacing every one of them next election for some years. There are a few really good people who would be lost but the effect on the new ones would be salutary indeed. They might even pay attention to "We, The People..." for a change.

Send them all home and replace them with folks who pay attention.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:I think it would be better to drop them off in the Amazon rainforest with the clothes on their backs and the contents of their pockets, and see who makes it back. :anamatedbanana
Too nice.
Strip them of lifetime retirement benefits and healthcare. Make them function in the system that they helped create. That means social security, the reality of the cost of healthcare (pre or post Obamacare)...

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I think Eric Holder should give them all "Assault Rifles", whatever those are, (1) 7 round magazine loaded with "Green Bullets" and send them to Chicago to fix the mess they allowed to be created....
III

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”