Black shooter not guilty in murder of White teenager

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

Black shooter not guilty in murder of White teenager

Post by VMI77 »

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_st ... ot-guilty/

A pretty close parallel to the Z case. Never heard of it before this morning.
Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April.

Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.

Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Black shooter not guilty in murder of White teenager

Post by RottenApple »

VMI77 wrote:http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_st ... ot-guilty/

A pretty close parallel to the Z case. Never heard of it before this morning.
Of course not. It's not newsworthy racism if its black on white. /sarcasm

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

It's not like this is an uncommon experience.

Fort Myers killing suspect likely off hook

Daniel Adkins killer claims self defense

And one that we've discussed here:
Black woman stands her ground, kills white man

In Florida, 24 blacks have been granted immunity under Stand Your Ground - 55% of those seeking it.

Black people have the same right to self defense as anyone else, and it shouldn't be surprising to find them exercising that right. It also shouldn't be surprising to find that the national media doesn't find these stories newsworthy.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

brainman

Post by brainman »

I saw this the other day, too. I've been toying with making "Justice for Christopher" my new saying, but if I do that I'll be labelled a racist.

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

The difference is Quanell X can't use this case to make a 6 or 7 figure income stirring up trouble.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Never heard about this till this post. Very hard to find real information as it was not a big news item. Most links are to blogs, who just repeat what they previously read on a different blog. Hard to get the facts.

Greece, New York. I think near Rochester.

The unarmed young man killed was 17 year old caucasian male. A white white if you prefer that classification. Italian surname, so it could be white Italian too.

Two shots fired from .40 S&W handgun, legally registered, by another man, age unknown, who it Black. From photo he looks Black black. Not White black like Obama. No mention of CHL.

His girlfriend was on 911, when he took his handgun outside to see what three men were doing to cars on the street (not gated or community property) Can't say they were breaking windows to gain access or just looking for unlocked doors, no information. No information on whether stolen goods were found etc. It was 3:30 in the morning. No information on prior arrests, but it did not sound like it. Not sure if other two young men were witnesses at the trial or were ever found. One policeman who was expected to be a witness, was charged with a crime unrelated to this incident.

The man with the gun, I assumed not concealed, but no information, told the three men to freeze and wait for police and that he had a gun. The one man charged him and he fired two bullets which hit the young man killing him.

One blog says the young man was shot in the back. Can't find anything to verify that. Not sure if that is both bullets or just one.

The man with the gun was arrested at the scene, and charged with murder. A grand jury lowered the charge to manslaughter.

I get the impression he spent a bit of time in jail.

Found not guilty by a jury of his peers who happened to be all Caucasian.

Parents and relatives of young man naturally very upset with death of son and not guilty verdict.

Some blogs were upset at no arrest of Zimmerman initially as this showed, racial bias.

The shooter in this case was not touched by the dead young man.

Some differences. This is New York. There is no stand your ground law. You must retreat and use deadly force as a last resort. Deadly force is not permitted to protect property. Probably especially if it is not yours. Sounded like the cars were not his. Also sounded like deadly force was only permitted inside your house after retreating as it was probably illegal for him to take the gun outside concealed or open. So kinda sounded like New York law does not allow you to confront someone with a gun out side your house.

Obama has not commented on the crime or the verdict.

Lots of similarities and differences but same outcome, one dead young man, one shooter found not guilty.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Where do we sign up for the riot?

No riot?

I thought Sharpton, in order to show he is not a racist, would be right on this.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

maybe he missed it. anyone have his email list so we can inform him?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Anyone who says that he/she is not a racist, is a racist...and that's a fact. There are more racists now than ever....count me in.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Oldgringo wrote:Anyone who says that he/she is not a racist, is a racist...and that's a fact. There are more racists now than ever....count me in.
Ok. I've got to disagree here. I am not a racist. TBH, I don't understand disliking/hating someone for the color of their skin. I was raised in the Air Force. At any time my dad's CO or First Shirt could have been black, white, red, yellow, or purple. Some were jerks, some were cool. So what exactly did the color of their skin have to do with it? Not a darn thing. Skin color means nothing.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RottenApple wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Anyone who says that he/she is not a racist, is a racist...and that's a fact. There are more racists now than ever....count me in.
Ok. I've got to disagree here. I am not a racist. TBH, I don't understand disliking/hating someone for the color of their skin. I was raised in the Air Force. At any time my dad's CO or First Shirt could have been black, white, red, yellow, or purple. Some were jerks, some were cool. So what exactly did the color of their skin have to do with it? Not a darn thing. Skin color means nothing.
But, at the end of the day, disliking someone, regardless of your reason, is not acceptable if they are of the minority or special group of that day. I dislike the President because he clearly wants to take away my guns but that is not acceptable. I cannot disagree with him on that subject or any other without being a racist. I'm a closet racist whether I even admit it to myself or not. If I weren't a racist, I would see that he is right on gun control and everything else. I just use gun control as an excuse for my racism.

Funny, like you, I was raised in a military family. I lived in military housing which was a melting pot of ethnic backgrounds and races. I played with kids from those multicultural families all the time and never thought anything about it. We moved every two to three years and we would pick up the next group of culturally diverse kids and keep right on playing. It wasn't until I got to high school in mid-State PA that I realized that there were places that did not have the same cultural diversity that I had always lived in. In spite of all that, however, I'm a racist.

My response is simply two words. Tawana Brawley
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

chasfm11 wrote:But, at the end of the day, disliking someone, regardless of your reason, is not acceptable if they are of the minority or special group of that day. I dislike the President because he clearly wants to take away my guns but that is not acceptable. I cannot disagree with him on that subject or any other without being a racist. I'm a closet racist whether I even admit it to myself or not. If I weren't a racist, I would see that he is right on gun control and everything else. I just use gun control as an excuse for my racism.

Funny, like you, I was raised in a military family. I lived in military housing which was a melting pot of ethnic backgrounds and races. I played with kids from those multicultural families all the time and never thought anything about it. We moved every two to three years and we would pick up the next group of culturally diverse kids and keep right on playing. It wasn't until I got to high school in mid-State PA that I realized that there were places that did not have the same cultural diversity that I had always lived in. In spite of all that, however, I'm a racist.

My response is simply two words. Tawana Brawley
Just because idiots call you a racist, doesn't actually make you one. I refuse to accept the racist label, especially by people who really do judge others by the color of their skin.

jmra

Post by jmra »

jimlongley wrote:Where do we sign up for the riot?

No riot?

I thought Sharpton, in order to show he is not a racist, would be right on this.
:smilelol5:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Sharpton, Jackson, Quantell, et.al. are fighting for their careers as community agitators and relevancy but in reality they are just hanging on to the past. When we have black people in positions of power and authority (Colin Powell, Condie Rice, Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, etc, etc) that is clearly an indicator of the end of institutionalized racism.

Obama, Holder, etc are pandering to the minority voters by their actions and lack of action. MSM - they are reporting news that is provocative because that helps circulation/viewers and benefits the bottom line, they seem to have similar attributes as prostitutes.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

alvins

Post by alvins »

whats interesting to me is that black people discriminate of thier own color being light or dark skinned. whos the racist now?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”