Cali Assemblyman Pulls Kids From School Over Transgender law

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Cali Assemblyman Pulls Kids From School Over Transgender law

Post by VMI77 »

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/08/ ... ender-law/

Even though we're talking about the foreign nation of Commiefornia, when I first heard this I thought it must be a hoax....surely not even the liberal utopia would be this insane, but it appears this is actually real.
The law, which will take effect Jan. 1, gives students the right “to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities” based on the gender they identify with as opposed to their birth gender. Those programs also include sports teams
A Republican state lawmaker says a new California law allowing transgender students to choose which restroom and locker room they use is part of the reason at least one of his sons will not return to his local public school this fall.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cali Assemblyman Pulls Kids From School Over Transgender

Post by JALLEN »

You realize, of course, that with a super majority in both houses and Governor Moonbeam, the libs can do anything they want, no matter how idiotic it seems, how oppressive, how ruinous to everything that America has historically stood for. Only the courts can stop them, and being in the 9th Circus, the Feds are more likely to help them rather than stop them.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

bdickens
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bdickens »

Whatever happened to teaching children to read and write?
Byron Dickens

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

bdickens wrote:Whatever happened to teaching children to read and write?
I'm sure some will pick it up somewhere along the line as they are fed progressive nonsense, getting the certificates of participation and trophies everyone gets, or a few will get curious and pick it up on thier own. That's what I did. I learned to read and write almost despite going to school rather than because of it, and that was a long, long time ago.

Not everyone needs to read. After all, a man who doesn't read has no advantage over a man who cannot, you have heard it said, or maybe even read it somewhere.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MotherBear »

Far less important than teaching them the party line. Call it reason #4,327 we're starting homeschool next month instead of sending the oldest off for his first day of kindergarten/indoctrination.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

MotherBear wrote:
Far less important than teaching them the party line. Call it reason #4,327 we're starting homeschool next month instead of sending the oldest off for his first day of kindergarten/indoctrination.
:thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

JALLEN wrote:
I'm sure some will pick it up somewhere along the line as they are fed progressive nonsense, getting the certificates of participation and trophies everyone gets, or a few will get curious and pick it up on thier own. That's what I did. I learned to read and write almost despite going to school rather than because of it, and that was a long, long time ago.

Not everyone needs to read. After all, a man who doesn't read has no advantage over a man who cannot, you have heard it said, or maybe even read it somewhere.
I was going to add that I went to public school in Cali a very long time ago and I virtually never used the restroom at school because that's where the gangs hung out and assaulted people. The son of one of my father's coworkers was nearly beaten to death in the restroom. Girls weren't immune from being assaulted by girl gangs either. The schools were already chaotic and out of control. Kids on drugs, fights, trash can fires, drug sniffing dogs on campus, and locker searches were an almost daily occurrence.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Is any entity keeping statistics on folks bailing out of California due to lunacy like this?

Wes

Post by Wes »

How in the world do they think its ok for a boy to be in the girls locker room just because he doesn't feel like a boy?! What after football is over and there are no more cheerleaders in the locker room is he all of a sudden gonna feel like a boy again?! That is madness, of all the things those crazies have done this just seems the most ridiculous. I can't even fathom how someone could think this is ok, in any sense. I'm sure some teenage boys are thinking its gonna be epic, but I don't see the first instance of this ending well. Imagine your daughter coming home to tell you a boy was allowed into the locker room and saw her changing? Would you not just blow a gasket?! Wow...it's one thing to coddle the homosexuals or bigenders or whatever as the country seems to be doing these days, but to allow this kind of thing in schools is too far. :banghead:
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

First World problem. They should be addressing the fact Timmy can't read before addressing what gender Timmy thinks he is.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Schools have become dangerous statist indoctrination centers that minor in teaching math and english. We have "good" schools here where I live and I would not let my kids near them with a ten foot pole. If you can even in "good" districts take your kids out. Homeschooling is best, but if you must a private school is better than a public school.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

MotherBear wrote:

:hurry: if you're on the north side, near G'town pm me, I'll give you the contact for an AWESOME homeschool group I was with for a very long time.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Wes wrote:How in the world do they think its ok for a boy to be in the girls locker room just because he doesn't feel like a boy?! What after football is over and there are no more cheerleaders in the locker room is he all of a sudden gonna feel like a boy again?! That is madness, of all the things those crazies have done this just seems the most ridiculous. I can't even fathom how someone could think this is ok, in any sense. I'm sure some teenage boys are thinking its gonna be epic, but I don't see the first instance of this ending well. Imagine your daughter coming home to tell you a boy was allowed into the locker room and saw her changing? Would you not just blow a gasket?! Wow...it's one thing to coddle the homosexuals or bigenders or whatever as the country seems to be doing these days, but to allow this kind of thing in schools is too far. :banghead:

This is just the LGBT version of PETA. PETA managed to take what was a good basic thought (be kind to animals) and turn it into a circus that undermined their goal. This is headed in the same direction. It becomes a game of who can foist the greatest amount of perversion off onto the public.

For bathrooms, the solution is pretty simple - lots of individual unisex stalls like they have in some places in Europe. I cannot imagine how team sports will fair in this environment. There are going to be a lot of kids who are sly enough to game the system.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Rule of Man over the Rule of Law. Man Legislating personal beliefs is Tyranny. California is long lost and the Citizens of California deserve what the Citizens of California get.
III

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:First World problem. They should be addressing the fact Timmy can't read before addressing what gender Timmy thinks he is.
:clapping:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”