Are guns killing Piers Morgan ?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are guns killing Piers Morgan ?

Post by MeMelYup »

Guns did not kill Piers Morgan. His stand on gun rights in America killed his show. His harping and singleminded infatuation with the subject killed his show. His being a Brit harping about American rights killed his show. His suppositions that American laws should be the same as British laws is what killed his show.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

MeMelYup wrote:Guns did not kill Piers Morgan. His stand on gun rights in America killed his show. His harping and singleminded infatuation with the subject killed his show. His being a Brit harping about American rights killed his show. His suppositions that American laws should be the same as British laws is what killed his show.
Also, he's an idiot. Eh, that might go to far... He's an idiot regarding guns. I'm not familiar with his views on other topics.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

wil
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wil »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:
wil wrote:The continuous non-stop advocating of unconstitutional civilian disarmament is what got his show cancelled. Not 'gun control'
:iagree: but i also believe they are one in the same no matter how fluffy they try to portray it....

I've always said that anyone who is adament on taking the rights of others should have to walk a mile in the shoes of a victim.
You and I don't believe they are one & the same, we KNOW they are one & the same. The problem is the average individual is not educated or aware of that, and is susceptible to the surfeit appearance of that term as well as other terms being the morally correct thing to do. Despite the illegal infringement of peoples civil rights. Hence the left exploits that ignorance by continually using the words "gun control" to retain that moral, and hence, emotional appeal to the average individual.
As well as skillfully, and deliberately steering the conversation away from what it really is and really should be called.
The unconstitutional disarmament of the public via the color of unconstitional law in direct violation of the publics civil rights as identified by law.

Stop and think about these two questions:

1. Are you in favor of 'gun control' as it applies to public policy?

2. Are you in favor of the unconstitutional disarming of the american public under the color of illegal law in direct violation of the established and identified civil rights of the public?

How would the average person react to question #1 ?

How would the average person react to question #2 ?

Which of those two questions do you normally see in any public discussion of any sort when it comes to the second amendment?
Do you normally see question number 1 or question number 2 ?

That is why the left uses the nice "Reasonable" sounding political term of 'gun control' because it hides the truth of the agenda, the direct illegal violation of our civil rights, not "gun rights"
It is also why those of us who understand the principles upon which this nation was founded and the laws which identify those principles are losing the culture war. We continually try to fight the war on the terms the political left have established which gives them the massive advantage. They carry the appearance of the moral high ground in terms of what they advocate via the language they use. So long as the discussion is limited to the language they use, and that included all of us who continue to do so, the truth of thier agenda will remain hidden and thier agenda will continue to succeed given people are seduced and fooled by it given thier lack of knowledge or ignorance.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I don't like Piers Morgan. I never watch him. I think he should go back to where he came from and see if they like him there. Don't care much for Nancy but I like hearing what she said.
Skip Bishop

myntalfloss

Post by myntalfloss »

puma guy wrote:Well Nancy came up half a notch for me, still in the cellar though!
:iagree:

Kinda like Hitler buying a box of Girl Scout cookies.

jminn1

Post by jminn1 »

Dave2 wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:Guns did not kill Piers Morgan. His stand on gun rights in America killed his show. His harping and singleminded infatuation with the subject killed his show. His being a Brit harping about American rights killed his show. His suppositions that American laws should be the same as British laws is what killed his show.
Also, he's an idiot. Eh, that might go to far... He's an idiot regarding guns. I'm not familiar with his views on other topics.
IMO of course... He's an idiot on pretty much everything else too... Even my wife agrees.
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

SkipB wrote:I don't like Piers Morgan. I never watch him. I think he should go back to where he came from and see if they like him there. Don't care much for Nancy but I like hearing what she said.
If he goes back, he'll likely be arrested...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

When is his last show?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

RogueUSMC wrote:
SkipB wrote:I don't like Piers Morgan. I never watch him. I think he should go back to where he came from and see if they like him there. Don't care much for Nancy but I like hearing what she said.
If he goes back, he'll likely be arrested...
I think there is a quote from the big guy on Top Gear pleading that he not be sent back.

Found more. Apparently he punched him in 2004.

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/10/27/Pier ... 382920057/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've always like Top Gear, now I know why.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

LOL...excellent!

but, from what I understand, he photoshopped a picture in his tabloid when he was editor and the folks in the picture ain't happy about it...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/piers-m ... gnoff-cnn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piers final remark was a shot at the NRA and US gun laws.

Now he is gone, hopefully home to gun free England.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Well there's one guy who's sad about Piers leaving.................

Maybe he'll leave with Morgan :anamatedbanana
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tinks.html

Imagine if Don Jr. was under investigation before the election and nobody in the press reported it.

Yeah I think its the same Piers Morgan.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:22 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tinks.html

Imagine if Don Jr. was under investigation before the election and nobody in the press reported it.

Yeah I think its the same Piers Morgan.
Another article calling the President's claims preposterous, while making the case that it's in fact 100% true.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”