Missouri Teachers object to being shot during drills

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: Missouri Teachers object to being shot during drills

Post by texanjoker »

started to read the article then saw it on infowars. :smilelol5:

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

Yes, politicians are by definition "busy bodies". They only way to keep them from passing laws is to keep them out of session or choke off their money supply.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

texanjoker wrote:started to read the article then saw it on infowars. :smilelol5:
Here you go, CBS St. Louis story.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/ ... er-drills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Air Soft guns were going to be used. Never been shot with one, don't know how they feel.

I think my son had wars with them at the fraternity, so I assume they sting.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

philip964 wrote:
texanjoker wrote:started to read the article then saw it on infowars. :smilelol5:
Here you go, CBS St. Louis story.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/ ... er-drills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Air Soft guns were going to be used. Never been shot with one, don't know how they feel.

I've got a Sig P230 clone Air Soft gun in my desk I took to the grandkids once upon a time (good idea, bad grandkids :mad5 ).

They're pretty neat and aren't gonna' hurt much, if at all; however goggles, are a must. Now then, for theses enactments to have real meaning, the teachers must have their own Air Soft guns and be allowed to shoot back. I'm as serious as....well,...uh,... ED. :oops:

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

baldeagle wrote:Just goes to show you. Republican legislators can be just as stupid as Democrats. All of them feel the need to DO something after an incident like Sandy Hook, so they'll pass any old stupid law that seems to make sense at the time (in the addled brain of a legislator.)

There's a reason over 5,000 bills are introduced in our legislature every session. We need to find a way to discourage the creation of new laws.
I think for a lot of them it's they want to be part of the in crowd and not on the fringe. You know, like when you were in school.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

MechAg94 wrote:Yes, politicians are by definition "busy bodies". They only way to keep them from passing laws is to keep them out of session or choke off their money supply.
Or change the culture so the best route to re-election running on your track record of the number of laws and regulations wiped off the books.

In the long run, every electorate gets the government they deserve.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

A-R

Post by A-R »

:iagree: and the infowars folks did a good job spinning this PLANNED/ANNOUNCED event to seem more egregious by comparing it to numerous SURPRISE events :roll:
philip964 wrote:Here you go, CBS St. Louis story.

So (based on the article from the actual news source above) seriously, what's the problem here? Law enforcement go through this training all the time (and worse: have to be pepper sprayed before they can carry pepper spray; have to be tazed before they can carry a Taser, etc).

No, teachers are NOT law enforcement. But they ARE on the front lines of many active shooter situations. Having all relevant groups (LE, EMS, teachers, students, admin., etc) involved in these active shooter training sessions has numerous real world benefits. And the more realistic the training the better (without, of course, overstepping into a "surprise" drill that the unknowing and horrified guinea pig teachers/students don't realize is fake until the end).

As a side benefit, perhaps experiencing the fear of sitting helpless in your classroom while someone is shooting at you (with airsoft or simunitions) will nudge some in the education community to :idea: realize that being unarmed in a gun-free zone does NOT make them safer.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

philip964 wrote:Air Soft guns were going to be used. Never been shot with one, don't know how they feel.

The neighborhood cats don't seem to like airsoft guns. :biggrinjester: :coolgleamA:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

brhalltx wrote:
philip964 wrote:Air Soft guns were going to be used. Never been shot with one, don't know how they feel.

The neighborhood cats don't seem to like airsoft guns. :biggrinjester: :coolgleamA:
Is that what they told you? ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

This is supposed to be excellent training! Airsoft are being used more and more for active shooter response training. Builds those neuro pathways to save time in the real deal. One thing to run IDPA/USPSA scenarios, but if you get hit with something that stings pretty good that will bring on a whole new level of adrenalin. Lord willing you would never need to use that training in a school, but responding to a crisis when injured, those few seconds from the prior experience might mean the difference between life and death for someone.

We took a class that was to involve live fire with airsoft on team tactics and low light - but unfortunately there were technical difficulties with the trainers and too many class participants didn't want to get "shot" so we didn't have the pellets. We did have the noise, low light, a lot of hollering for stress and distraction - great experience. Have to admit I wasn't overly disappointed at not getting blasted with airsoft pellets :mrgreen:

I would; however, participate willingly if my district offered this!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I think the training with the "loaded" Airsoft would be more effective than without any type of projectile.

If you don't have any consequences [getting shot] for poor tactics, then you will become sloppy and careless with your actions.
NRA Endowment Member

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

WildBill wrote:Is that what they told you? ;-)
They don't talk.

They just run.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

brhalltx wrote:
WildBill wrote:Is that what they told you? ;-)
They don't talk.

They just run.
They must be scaredy cats.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”