Police raid home due to man's gun tattoo

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Police raid home due to man's gun tattoo

Post by philip964 »

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/03 ... mans-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A man who works nights comes out shirtless to order a utility tree trimming crew off his property, they see a gun and call police. Police raid man's home and find a life size gun tattooed to his stomach. He was not arrested.

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Police raid home due to man's gun tattoo

Post by GlockDude26 »

it'll get much worse before it starts getting better..... :banghead:

edit to add: that my annoyance isn't with the police on this since they did exactly what they were supposed to do. come out, investigate, and since there was no crime they left. my annoyance is stemmed from the media's bullhorn connected to the gungrabbing white house to shout out anything that can further advance their unconstitutional agendas.....
Last edited by GlockDude26 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I think the key quote is missing from your post. He went out and yelled at them. They obviously thought they saw a gun being a life sized tattoo and called 911 which would be a man with a gun yelling at people.... police arrived, sorted it out and left with no arrest. Can't see an issue there. If I were on a cover position I would probably have my rifle as well.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he’s not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txglock21 »

Must be a really good tattoo to be confused as a real gun. :mrgreen:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

texanjoker wrote:I think the key quote is missing from your post. He went out and yelled at them. They obviously thought they saw a gun being a life sized tattoo and called 911 which would be a man with a gun yelling at people.... police arrived, sorted it out and left with no arrest. Can't see an issue there. If I were on a cover position I would probably have my rifle as well.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he’s not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.
You can't see an issue with raiding a man's house because he might have a gun?? Police raid a man's house because people can't tell a tattoo is a tattoo?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

anygunanywhere wrote:
texanjoker wrote:I think the key quote is missing from your post. He went out and yelled at them. They obviously thought they saw a gun being a life sized tattoo and called 911 which would be a man with a gun yelling at people.... police arrived, sorted it out and left with no arrest. Can't see an issue there. If I were on a cover position I would probably have my rifle as well.

You can't see an issue with raiding a man's house because he might have a gun?? Police raid a man's house because people can't tell a tattoo is a tattoo?

Anygunanywhere
If they told the 911 dispatcher the man has a tattoo yes thats stupid and I highly doubt thats what happened. I'm sure the called 911 with "man with a gun threatening us!" Of course the police have to check that out.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere
If they told the 911 dispatcher the man has a tattoo yes thats stupid and I highly doubt thats what happened. I'm sure the called 911 with "man with a gun threatening us!" Of course the police have to check that out.
There is a huge difference between "checking it out" and "raiding his house".

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Check it out != Raid

At least in my book it doesn't.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Did they actually "raid" his home or did they show up in force and knock and talk to the guy to get his side of the story? Did they search his home?

The article doesn't give much information and I can't tell if they "raided" his home or not.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man’s home after members of a tree removal crew he’d told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.
Why would this be required simply due to a report of a homeowner with a gun on his own property? That is an excessive response I think. The only mitigating factor might be if this guy was a known fellon with a history of police interaction.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

MechAg94 wrote:
Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man’s home after members of a tree removal crew he’d told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.
Why would this be required simply due to a report of a homeowner with a gun on his own property? That is an excessive response I think. The only mitigating factor might be if this guy was a known fellon with a history of police interaction.
Again it also depends on the 911 call doesn't it.

"crazy guy threatening us with a gun!" is going to draw a strong response, and it should.
Heck he could have effectively been "SWAT'd" by the construction crew in retaliation for yelling at them.

android

Post by android »

txglock21 wrote:Must be a really good tattoo to be confused as a real gun. :mrgreen:
This article has a better picture and lot better reporting.

Yeah, it could be believable from a distance.

Click if you want to see shirtless tattooed dude.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Norr ... lice_.html

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

android wrote:
txglock21 wrote:Must be a really good tattoo to be confused as a real gun. :mrgreen:
This article has a better picture and lot better reporting.

Yeah, it could be believable from a distance.

Click if you want to see shirtless tattooed dude.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Norr ... lice_.html
I am not convinced. Overreaction. Not man with a gun.

Anygunanywhere

TomV

Post by TomV »

Surprise, surprise. The media used language to sensationalize the interaction between the police and the individual. (...raided his home...) The police didn't even go inside. Using the phrase "raided his home" is sure to elicit an emotional response to the story.

The extensive misuse of the term "murder" is similar.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

And here's a larger set of the same images, courtesy of our English bretheren.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... attoo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”