NYC cop detained in India over "bullets"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NYC cop detained in India over "bullets"

Post by tbrown »

He was willing to enforce New York gun laws. It sounds like Karma is alive and well in India. :cheers2:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ShootDontTalk »

VMI77 wrote: And while the particular acts or laws don't compare in magnitude, the attitude necessary to enforce them is the same. You're kidding yourself if think that people who will ruin a man's life over an empty shotgun shell will repudiate their concept of obedient enforcement of all laws if the law or their orders require them to murder someone. People who are willing to kill you or ruin a life over your consumption of a plant will also murder you if the law allows or requires it, or they are ordered to do so under circumstances where the law condones it.
:iagree:
This is exactly the issue of Nuremberg - a lesson that was painfully learned for millions of people around the world.
There is a two-fold problem today: 1) Most people have never heard of any problems of the past because they were never taught it in school - usually a willful neglect on the part of modern "liberal education." They are doomed to repeat them in even greater magnitude.

And 2) Many who are aware of the problems associated with the past have been blinded by the utopian promises of the leftists. They simply do not believe there is anything wrong with just "doing as ordered." If an "official" says do something, they snap to attention, think "better to go along and get along - even if it is illegal, immoral, and unConstitutional" and just comply.

Ironic that American soldiers are taught (or used to be) that a soldier has not only a right, but is bound by duty, to not carry out any order that is illegal or immoral.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare »

"Hoist with his owne petar" as Hamlet might say.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

nightmare wrote:"Hoist with his owne petar" as Hamlet might say.

FYI, that would be Petard. Which is a type breaching charge or small bomb.
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”