Contact your lawmakers: Letter for ban importation of..

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Contact your lawmakers: Letter for ban importation of..

Post by Beiruty »

I wrote the following letter using NRA contact your lawmakers submit form:

I am writing to you to express my firm believe that any proposed ban on importing semi-automatic long firearms would not reduce so called gun violence or reduce the murder rate.

First of all, murder by long firearms, that is rifles and shotguns are extremely low. So, why penalize us ,the law-abiding citizens, from unjustifiably restricting our personal Second Amendment right?

Second, any wise man would also conclude that same class of firearms are made in US and readily available for the public.

Thus, I appeal to you to oppose any proposed measure to ban the importation of semi-auto firearms.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MeMelYup

Re: Contact your lawmakers: Letter for ban importation of..

Post by MeMelYup »

I don't think they should ban the article (any kind of bullet). They should ban the use of an item during the commission of a crime (the person used steel core bullets while robbing the bank and killed 3 people during the holdup with a handgun).
Banning an item is rediculas, making a law that a person suffers the consequence for using certain items while committing a crime should be "common sense."

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Maybe we should have a law that makes it illegal to murder people, and have the same penalty whether the killer used a gun or a shoe, and whether the victim worked for the government or Walmart.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

nightmare wrote:Maybe we should have a law that makes it illegal to murder people, and have the same penalty whether the killer used a gun or a shoe, and whether the victim worked for the government or Walmart.
:iagree:

THAT sounds like Common Sense to me, if the law is also enforced! :banghead:
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

nightmare wrote:Maybe we should have a law that makes it illegal to murder people, and have the same penalty whether the killer used a gun or a shoe, and whether the victim worked for the government or Walmart.
:iagree:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”