Bloomberg's fool's errand to blow $50M against NRA.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rayj8524
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bloomberg's fool's errand to blow $50M against NRA.

Post by rayj8524 »

Dragonfighter wrote:
AF-Odin wrote:Hmmmm invoking religion?? At least in my faith community, it is impossible to EARN your way to heaven, it is a gift from God.
Beat me to it.
:iagree:

From the "what it's worth department", I have one pistol for self defense, a few hundred plinking rounds and some self defense rounds, but with Bloomberg's stupidity and the happenings out in Nevada, I am going to change that. Its only going to make me build my "hobby".
:patriot:

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

AF-Odin wrote:Hmmmm invoking religion?? At least in my faith community, it is impossible to EARN your way to heaven, it is a gift from God.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Guess he skipped this verse.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Bloomberg is wrong in my opinion but at least he puts his money where his mouth is, more than I can say about Obama and crew where they put my tax money to work against me. I think that the type of thing Bloomberg does ends up rallying the forces to join the NRA and fight him. Gun sales have been declining lately and I bet this stimulates them again. Hopefully not another panic situation as ammo and reloading supplies are finally getting back to some normalcy but until I see 22lr on the shelves routinely by the brick it is still in a hysteria mode. I hope that everyone here is an NRA member and contributes to support our 2nd ammendment rights.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

nightmare69 wrote:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I believe he skipped the entire New Testament.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

jimlongley wrote:He could easily spend $50,000,000 a year for the rest of our lives and never run out, and he's just planning on wearing us down.
Then it is our challenge to recruit 50,000,000 additional NRA members. That would completely change the political calculus, more than offsetting his mere $50 million.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Guess I'm going to have to contribute a bit more to the NRA. Can we match Bloomberg's 50? I don't know, but it's worth it to me to see him lose again. Anybody want to join me? :totap:
N5PNZ

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Jumping Frog wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:

Wikipedia lists his religion as Reformed Judiasm.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Bloomberg is a narcissistic psychopath.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

chasfm11 wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:

Wikipedia lists his religion as Reformed Judiasm.
If he was Jewish he would know the Day of Attonement atones sins against God but not sins against his fellow man until he sets it right.

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gthaustex »

Apparently the $50 million is already being put to use in Austin. From today's paper in Austin....

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/new- ... aws/nfbww/
gun control advocates met Wednesday at Austin City Hall to announce — and celebrate — a new national organization designed to counterbalance the influential gun lobby.

Known as Everytown for Gun Safety, the organization launched with a $50 million commitment from former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg
:banghead:

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

If you do the Facebook, please "Like"
>10,000 Likes in less than 2 days. :hurry:

https://www.facebook.com/Everytownforgunsafety" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Community
This is a Pro-Gun page, We encourage Gun Safety and Responsibility.
ETA: http://www.examiner.com/article/truth-l ... gun-safety" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I can't decide who I despise more Bloomie or Ted Turner.

Yeah, hmm, interesting he says, "IF" there is a God...

I find it so interesting that once you transcend mere human into the realm of mega stinking rich, you tend to spout opinions and make determinations as if you are on a higher consciousness than the rest of us poor schmucks who labor for a regular pittance paycheck and live simple lives in comparison. I really got sick of Oprah because of this.

And I can now say for certain, I despise Ted Turner even more. :mad5
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

Arrogant little ........

He "earned" his place in Heaven? Like TAM suggested, his pridefullness will prolly keep him out......
Chuckybrown

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

It is his $$ he can do as he wishes. However his entrance into heaven is not based on his terms but on the Almighty's. As TAM reminded all if us pride is a sin too. If I were him I'd be looking for a redeemer.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sjfcontrol »

I find it ironic that they (Bloomie's lackeys) want to challenge the Facebook group that beat him to the "Everytown" page to a duel over ownership of the page. Sounds like a slam-dunk to me. And besides, their side would be limited to 10 rounds… :evil2: (Or five, or three, or whatever the current "safe" quantity is!)
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”