I have subscribed to an anti gun forum, their thoughts here.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I have subscribed to an anti gun forum, their thoughts h

Post by Vol Texan »

Philip964,

I'm not sure how many of these posts are related to the original topic of posting to an anti-gun forum. They now seem to be a continuous stream of posting any news article with any reference to guns - and little in the way of commentary here on the forum.

I don't mean to be a sourpuss here, but there should be some attempt of keeping on topic, and perhaps discussing these things, rather than just mass posting any and all gun related news articles to one continuously running thread.

VT
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

Vol Texan wrote:Philip964,

I'm not sure how many of these posts are related to the original topic of posting to an anti-gun forum. They now seem to be a continuous stream of posting any news article with any reference to guns - and little in the way of commentary here on the forum.

I don't mean to be a sourpuss here, but there should be some attempt of keeping on topic, and perhaps discussing these things, rather than just mass posting any and all gun related news articles to one continuously running thread.

VT
These are all articles that were posted on the antigun forum. It is what they are thinking about. So it is exactly what the title to the post represents.

I believe it is important to know the enemy and how they think.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58521 ... e.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was from a anti gun facebook friend. (of the few of those I have left)

A feminist cancelled her speech when the University told her they could not ban guns from the school building.

By cancelling her speech, she made much more press, than if she gave it. No doubt it would have been the safest speech she had ever given on a college campus.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :tiphat:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2014/ ... n-control/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common sense steps on gun control.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

philip964 wrote:Common sense steps on gun control.
The death penalty is the only method proven to keep violent felons from using guns in future crimes.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://i.imgur.com/eigxuNQ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regulating guns like cars, a poster.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... in/382407/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gun Control folks in Washington State got an antigun referendum on the ballot and won yesterday. No more gun show loophole in Washington.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... in/382407/

Gun Control folks in Washington State got an antigun referendum on the ballot and won yesterday. No more gun show loophole in Washington.
It's way worse than that. You can't even loan a gun to a friend without a transfer to a FFL and a transfer back. You can't hand your gun to another adult at a shooting range with an FFL transfer, etc.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/ ... nyxml.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just gushing on their victories, gun control, $15 minimum wages and higher taxes in just 10 months. Should we start counting the days till Seattle becomes the new Detroit?

Oh another reason to hate Bill Gates.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/ ... nyxml.html

Just gushing on their victories, gun control, $15 minimum wages and higher taxes in just 10 months. Should we start counting the days till Seattle becomes the new Detroit?

Oh another reason to hate Bill Gates.
They should have just raised the minimum wage to $150, that way everyone there would be prosperous.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tommyg »

I feel sorry for the morons who push for gun control
Please give generously to the NRA and vote for pro gun canidates
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

I joined the MDA and everytown pages just so I can laugh at what they post. It's amazing how people who wouldn't even know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of think they are qualified to make laws for the rest of us. I saw one post where they showed a retailer selling an M16 BCG and the gun grabbers were telling their members that all anyone had to do to have an automatic weapon was drop this in their AR15! It would be more amusing if they weren't actually out to get us.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/0 ... t-work-out#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Third ND by a teacher at school so far this year. and as they correctly point out, its not even the Christmas break yet.

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

The 'Democratic Underground' is another place where Fiction is disguised as Fact.

Now that I think about it, it seems that most of newsprint is composed of either adverts or opinion. Opinion belongs in the Editorial section.

salty

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”