Breath Taking No Knock Atrocity

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 5

Breath Taking No Knock Atrocity

Post by Jim Beaux »

Just cant imagine. Words fail me.
SWAT team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... burns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Breath Taking No Knock Atrocity

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Deputies said they bought drugs from the house and came back with a no-knock warrant to arrest a man known to have drugs and weapons, WSB reported.
Nothing will change, nothing.

Chas.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

If that grenade makes a loud noise they better keep track of the babies hearing for a few years among other things.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SewTexas »

Oh. my.......

that is horrible!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

The department, judge, cops on seen and no-knock warrant proponents should be real proud. Fine moment for law enforcement and the war on drugs.

Hopefully, but doubtfully, these type of entries will be reconsidered and used more judiciously.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Officer safety is paramount. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:Officer safety is paramount. :rules:
Yes indeed; but I don't feel any safer!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

What I don't get is why, in the name of all that is holy, if firearms and drugs are known to be present and are such a threat to officers lives that they have to engage in combat tactics with potential children in the home, don't they wait for the guy to be leaving 7-11 and take him there then get a warrant for the house and show up and get the evidence no drama needed.

If I can think of that, why can't they?

Like I have said before we all think we are so sofistcated in our police and criminal justice system, but in much more brutal times those who enforced the law were severely punished if they burned innocents along with the guilty.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

Jim Beaux wrote:Just cant imagine. Words fail me.
I agree.
There are no words.
Last edited by jmra on Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mayor

Post by mayor »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Deputies said they bought drugs from the house and came back with a no-knock warrant to arrest a man known to have drugs and weapons, WSB reported.
Nothing will change, nothing.

Chas.
I don't advocate drug use, ALCOHOL (and it is a drug) included, but people will use them anyway. The 'war on drugs' is government stupidity in all its glory. Drug use should be treated as a medical problem, not a criminal problem. this kind of government stupidity wouldn't be required.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

mamabearCali wrote:What I don't get is why, in the name of all that is holy, if firearms and drugs are known to be present and are such a threat to officers lives that they have to engage in combat tactics with potential children in the home, don't they wait for the guy to be leaving 7-11 and take him there then get a warrant for the house and show up and get the evidence no drama needed.

Like I have said before we all think we are so sofistcated in our police and criminal justice system, but in much more brutal times those who enforced the law were severely punished if they burned innocents along with the guilty.

:iagree:

there had to be a better way....I can come up with 3 or 4 without half trying, do they have no imagination? are they lazy? do they just not care?
this thing hit the UK newspaper, they don't care WHERE it was, it was "in the US" it doesn't matter that is was in podunck, Georgia, all police come off looking like raving lunatics. And every one of them should be angry right now.
but they won't be.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

gemini

Post by gemini »

Makes me sick. Wish I hadn't read the story. I hate going to bed/sleep when I'm PO'd.
.....I'll wait for ALL the facts to come out before making a final judgement.....I'm sure the
baby was some kind of threat......
mamabearCali has the right idea.......the problem is: with all the cool flashbangs, auto-rifles,
body armour, door entry ram, armoured swat vehicles, kevlar helmets, thigh holsters,
wileyX glasses, tac-gloves, etc etc etc...... 7-11 take down would be boring. They have all
the toys and by golly they want to use them.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by EEllis »

mamabearCali wrote:What I don't get is why, in the name of all that is holy, if firearms and drugs are known to be present and are such a threat to officers lives that they have to engage in combat tactics with potential children in the home, don't they wait for the guy to be leaving 7-11 and take him there then get a warrant for the house and show up and get the evidence no drama needed.

Because there are never any kids at 7-11? You might be right that it is a better choice to try and apprehend someone outside a home but you have more variables that could occur outside than in a home. Assuming that it would provide better results without having access to more data is wishful thinking. What is really needed is real research into the issue and fact based decision making.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

EEllis wrote:

Because there are never any kids at 7-11? You might be right that it is a better choice to try and apprehend someone outside a home but you have more variables that could occur outside than in a home. Assuming that it would provide better results without having access to more data is wishful thinking. What is really needed is real research into the issue and fact based decision making.
But the children...

In all seriousness, I preferred car takedowns as it was easier to get the tactical advantage (tahoe, K9, and two patrol units). IMHO a high risk stop is more tactically sound and usually safer in cases of wrong house/car.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

someone posted about a police friend who has the utility co call the suspect with a "problem with the bill, must be taken care of today". suspect comes down to the utility office immediately, is swept away to the police station, and then the warrant is carried out at the home.
Problem solved
no one hurt, no babies burned, scarred for life
OMG it takes imagination
maybe every police station should hire a writer
:roll:
~Tracy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”