City of Chicago funds the NRA again....

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

City of Chicago funds the NRA again....

Post by ELB »

I am pretty sure I put up a post the last time this happened, so I was just going to add to that, but dang if I can find my own posts.

Anyhoo, from the NRA press release:

Fairfax, Va. – The United States District Court in the Northern District of Illinois has ordered the City of Chicago to reimburse $940,000 in legal expenses incurred by the NRA.

;-)
USAF 1982-2005

Pawpaw

Re: City of Chicago funds the NRA again....

Post by Pawpaw »

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jmra

Post by jmra »

That's awesome
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Saw Rahm on TV yesterday talking about how more gun control would be needed to reduce the violent crime rate in his city, which experienced over 80 shootings during the July 4th weekend.

Moran.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chicago-july-4-s ... ed-1621234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In 84 hours, from 3:30 p.m. Thursday to 3:30 a.m. Monday, 82 people were shot in the city
and this bit of "wisdom" from their Top COP.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said weak state and federal gun laws are partially to blame for the surge in violence.

McCarthy said there's "a greater sanction for the gang members to lose that firearm from their gang than there is to go to jail" for having an illegal gun, CNN reported.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Glad they won the judgement but it would be better if the NRA hadn't had to spend the money in the first place.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

:thewave
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

100,000 criminal gang members, what is the solution for this problem?
If none offered, please consider deportation to an island or secret city/town in the middle of the desert.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Let the other 3 million people in the city protect themselves properly from the thugs. Eventually, things will start settling down. As long as thugs have free reign thugs will do what thugs do.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”