The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence Attacks 30.06 Law

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence Attacks 30.06 Law

Post by MeMelYup »

A good law only states what you cannot do, everything else is ok. That is the way 30.06 is set up.
Last edited by MeMelYup on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VoiceofReason »

Jeff B. wrote:
sbrawley wrote:Wanna get on there and tell them they're all IDIOTS and that law specifically details how a proper and effective sign is supposed to be posted! But the responsible gun owner that I am will refrain. As the saying goes, "Can't fix stupid"
Agreed. What's even more disturbing than their ignorant statements (and profanity) is their absolutist attitude. It's what they say, goes and the heck with things like, laws, Anendments to the Constitution, etc. They behave like they do and they wonder why those who wish to retain and preserve their rights won't consider any compromise with them?

Like many other areas, compromise with these people is like taking small doses of a slow acting poison. You won't die today or tomorrow, but it's pretty much assured that your toast.

"Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns." (Joe Huffman)

Jeff B.
They probably have a little team of four or five people writing comments and posting them under different names to give the appearance they have a lot of support.

I haven’t read one post that appeared to be written by someone past high school.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Kind of funny. Every time I post something it gets deleted. They don't like facts and data. :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Wait... We are the extremists and are brainwashed by the NRA? :rolll

It's really quite simple. You don't want us to carry concealed? Post the legally required sign.
Just know that you won't keep out any one wanting to do you harm. The fact this basic idea escapes so many is just amazing.
Psalm 91:2

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I went back and read a couple of the postings, and looked to see where the posters live...all the ones I happened to check don't even live in Texas. Seemed like they were from Massachusetts, New Jersey, and other perfect liberal-progressive "utopias". Though, of course, that means when it comes to laws in Texas, they can go pound sand.

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jim Beaux »

Bladed wrote:

Let your legislators know how important the 30.06 law is to the integrity of Texas's CHL program. If these gun control activists don't like Texas Penal Code Section 30.06, maybe they'd prefer we repeal it and become the nineteenth state where no-carry signs have no force of law.
These rocket scientists cant comprehend the written language. The sign in question specifically approves lawful carry on premises.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I went back and read a couple of the postings, and looked to see where the posters live...all the ones I happened to check don't even live in Texas. Seemed like they were from Massachusetts, New Jersey, and other perfect liberal-progressive "utopias". Though, of course, that means when it comes to laws in Texas, they can go pound sand.
Most of them seemed to think that this also had something to do about open carry which just goes to show that they love flaunting their ignorance.
Psalm 91:2

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jaguar »

I admit, I argued with a New Yawker over Texas CHL laws. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. :smilelol5:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VoiceofReason »

As I stated in another post, I haven’t seen a comment yet that seems to come from someone above a high school level. If this is typical of the people we are up against, I don’t think we need to worry.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

sjfcontrol wrote:Oh MY! That was my post and picture... Not sure what to think about that.
If it's linked change it to something innocuous. :evil2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

sjfcontrol wrote:Oh MY! That was my post and picture... Not sure what to think about that.
Actually, report it as your intellectual property and tell Facebook they had no permission to reproduce the image. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Keith B wrote:
If it's linked change it to something innocuous. :evil2:
it looks like a screen shot of this sites thread, wonder if Charles could do something
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

Here's what hurts about this situation: If one single business owner catches wind of this and finds out that their "gunbuster" sign is worthless then replaces it with valid 30.06 sign we loose. We don't loose the war or even the battle but we loose ground nonetheless. I'd rather nobody pays it any attention or gives it any traction.

If the bill should arise simply let your local state representative know that their vote for repeal/alteration of the 30.06 provision automatically removes your vote for them. It's that simple.

Mark C.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

esxmarkc wrote:Here's what hurts about this situation: If one single business owner catches wind of this and finds out that their "gunbuster" sign is worthless then replaces it with valid 30.06 sign we loose. We don't loose the war or even the battle but we loose ground nonetheless. I'd rather nobody pays it any attention or gives it any traction.

If the bill should arise simply let your local state representative know that their vote for repeal/alteration of the 30.06 provision automatically removes your vote for them. It's that simple.

Mark C.
I don't see them getting 30.06 repealed. If, by chance they did, I'll bet the offense for violating it will be knocked down to the equivalent of a parking ticket.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

Pawpaw wrote:
esxmarkc wrote:Here's what hurts about this situation: If one single business owner catches wind of this and finds out that their "gunbuster" sign is worthless then replaces it with valid 30.06 sign we loose. We don't loose the war or even the battle but we loose ground nonetheless. I'd rather nobody pays it any attention or gives it any traction.

Mark C.
I don't see them getting 30.06 repealed. If, by chance they did, I'll bet the offense for violating it will be knocked down to the equivalent of a parking ticket.
Oh I agree. I don't think it's likely either. My point is that such a movement, even if it fails will serve to raise awareness of the worthlessness of the "gunbuster" signs which would then come down in favor of a valid 30.06 sign and once it reaches a point where those signs are all too common it's gonna hurt.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”