How to Beat the NRA In 7 (Not-So-Easy) Steps

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How to Beat the NRA In 7 (Not-So-Easy) Steps

Post by Beiruty »

How about having 5 millions voting and paying members like those who are very proud NRA members?
How about 11 million Concealed carry voting citizens?
How about more than 100 million gun owning voting citizens?

Fight criminals and gang members not lawful gun owners.

How about this solution:
Gang member who is caught committing violent crime with no casualty, will lose his strong hand.
Gang member who is caught committing violent crime with no casualty for the second time, will lose his weak hand.
Gang member who is caught committing violent crime with casualty, will lose his head after speedy trial as required by law.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

The article is trash but the comments are gold and they keep coming!
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

"Know thine enemy."

And of course they actually admit to espousing dancing in the blood of the victims as soon as the tragedy happens, instead of "allowing cooler heads to prevail"
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Although the NRA proclaimed it so for generations, it wasn't until 2008 that the Supreme Court actually re-interpreted the Second Amendment to guarantee an individual right
:smilelol5:

Re-interpreted it from what? The original intention as stated by numerous founders? Oh no wait, they actually affirmed it...

I wish the Rolling Stone would get back to writing bad articles about music.
Psalm 91:2

philip964

Post by philip964 »

When I read the article it seemed defeatist for the antiguners. Almost we have lost give up tone.

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gthaustex »

SQLGeek wrote:
Although the NRA proclaimed it so for generations, it wasn't until 2008 that the Supreme Court actually re-interpreted the Second Amendment to guarantee an individual right
:smilelol5:

Re-interpreted it from what? The original intention as stated by numerous founders? Oh no wait, they actually affirmed it...

I wish the Rolling Stone would get back to writing bad articles about music.
I read the "article". It is nothing but a bunch of sniveling. As far as the re-interpretation....as was stated above..it was affirmed finally. I bet we would get a blank look if we asked why the other amendments in the Bill of Rights are individual, but the second is somehow a collective right. Perhaps the author of this article would be okay with a collective right for the press, with only government approval??? I bet not...

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Reading through the comments of the article, I thought the link to the then-confidential summary minutes of a December 1993 meeting of Handgun Control, Inc. (which became the Brady Bunch) was quite illuminating about the recent roots and goals of anti-gun leftists.

Worth posting if you haven't seen it: http://www.varmintal.com/hci.htm.

Take your time and read through it all; it isn't too long. Do not be drinking coffee while reading...it will explosively exit your nostrils.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gthaustex »

Wow...I missed that the first time I looked through Andy's posting. That is scary stuff. They even want to include air rifles and paintball guns in their bans..... :mad5

Like AndyC said....complete control over lives that have any interest in firearms of any kind, including limits on assembly and free speech...really scary...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”