CSGV Continues Attack on PC Sec. 30.06

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CSGV Continues Attack on PC Sec. 30.06

Post by SATX-Scrub »

Ok, I posted a few replies where I thought someone might actually think rationally and have an epiphany. I'll head back in a week to see if I've been banned.

I crack me up sometimes when I FB post in the name of hypocrisy.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

ScottDLS wrote:
gringo pistolero wrote:What's the problem with education? I have been hearing for years that companies intentionally post bogus signs. If that's true, they will continue to do so. If that's a lie, then the companies will have the opportunity to correct their mistake.

We don't want to ignore the wishes of property owners like OCT extremists, do we?
Yes actually I DO want to ignore the wishes of property owners. When I enter a business (open to the public) I do not want to honor their wishes for no gays or Democrats to enter. They "theoretically" have the right to bar me (gay Democrat) under Texas law (by posting a sign). And I understand this. However, I do not believe that they should have the right to invoke the criminal power of the State to have me arrested. If asked to leave due to my "gender identification" or "political affiliation" or "carry status" I will leave. If a business properly posts IAW 30.06 I will not enter while carrying a handgun under authority of my CHL. If a business posts ("legally" under PC 30.05) against my gender, political, or gun preferences...I will proceed according to my understanding of US law.
I agree in principle, but the value I find in these signs is that they tell me where not to spend my money.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mr1337
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mr1337 »

I just went to their Facebook page again to read the posts. Never again. So much rage.

I'm not going to even try to reason with those people. There is no reasoning with those people.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

They haven't looked on the Internet to see how many roberies and shootings happen at chuck e's.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

that facebook page is really screwed up. But a lot of them probably wouldn't speak out loud because most people run there mouth more online because they don't have to face anyone.

I do think its funny they act like they uncovered some big secret about us ignoring non legal gun signs.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

MeMelYup wrote:They haven't looked on the Internet to see how many roberies and shootings happen at chuck e's.
I was looking at a comment asking why people would want to carry a gun with all of those children around. And I was thinking... um... to protect the children?

These people have in their minds that everyone who owns a gun is a criminal. Otherwise, why would you have a gun? Or that it could pop out of the holster at any second and start shooting all children within a 300-ft radius.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

And what I hate the most about the anti-gun community, particularly online, is that they're so violent in their comments. They're always talking about hoping gun owners shoot themselves. You know what? I don't feel the same way about anti-gunners. I don't wish harm on them. Sure, they may disagree with my fundamentals, but they're people, and they are allowed their opinions. In fact, ordinary citizens WITH GUNS fought and died so they could have their own opinions and freedom. And it's an armed populace what keeps the government in check so they can continue having and voicing those opinions. But I certainly don't feel hate towards them. Definitely not to the extent that some of them feel towards us.
Keep calm and carry.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

There are a few..well, maybe more than a few "extreme" comments there. But compare it to the OC group. Compare it to any group that is passionate about their cause. There are also a few rational comments, if you sort by most recent. Don't let the fringes represent any group as a whole. That includes those on "our" side.

I don't want to go up against a jury in Travis county and have my only protection be that the 30.06 sign was 1/4" too small in lettering. Someone else can spend the time and money to see if that prosecution will work or not. I suspect that it very much would work with the right jury.

Looking at it another way:
1) I have rights.
2) Private businesses have rights.

Sometimes the two collide. If it's my house, it's my way. If it's my business, it's my way. What right is it of mine to expect that I should get my way in a business owned by someone else? Surely we don't expect that. In other words, I respect the rights of business owners at their business. I expect the same respect.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

cb1000rider wrote:There are a few..well, maybe more than a few "extreme" comments there. But compare it to the OC group. Compare it to any group that is passionate about their cause. There are also a few rational comments, if you sort by most recent. Don't let the fringes represent any group as a whole. That includes those on "our" side.

I don't want to go up against a jury in Travis county and have my only protection be that the 30.06 sign was 1/4" too small in lettering. Someone else can spend the time and money to see if that prosecution will work or not. I suspect that it very much would work with the right jury.

1) I have rights.

Sometimes the two collide. If it's my house, it's my way. If it's my business, it's my way. What right is it of mine to expect that I should get my way in a business owned by someone else? Surely we don't expect that. In other words, I respect the rights of business owners at their business. I expect the same respect.
And if it's Exxon it's MY way since I'm shareholder (owner). Then again I live in constant fear of "THE RIDE". :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

cb1000rider wrote:There are a few..well, maybe more than a few "extreme" comments there. But compare it to the OC group. Compare it to any group that is passionate about their cause. There are also a few rational comments, if you sort by most recent. Don't let the fringes represent any group as a whole. That includes those on "our" side.

1) I have rights.

If it's my house, it's my way. If it's my business, it's my way.
Put up a sign at your business saying “No Blacks-No Homosexuals”.

See if you have it “your way”.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

VoiceofReason wrote:

1) I have rights.

If it's my house, it's my way. If it's my business, it's my way.
Put up a sign at your business saying “No Blacks-No Homosexuals”.

See if you have it “your way”.
And, no Democrats! :-)
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

MeMelYup wrote:They haven't looked on the Internet to see how many roberies and shootings happen at chuck e's.
And they won't. Small minds don't want to know.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

winters wrote:I can assure you there is plenty of homosexuals that are into guns and aren't democrats. I get quite a laugh when ugly straight men are afraid of homosexuals as though they would have gotten hit on in the first place. Just because a woman thinks your hot stuff don't think a gay man does.
You missed the entire point of my post. Did anyone else misunderstand the point of my statement? Should I have worded it a little more plainly?

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

VoiceofReason wrote:
winters wrote:I can assure you there is plenty of homosexuals that are into guns and aren't democrats. I get quite a laugh when ugly straight men are afraid of homosexuals as though they would have gotten hit on in the first place. Just because a woman thinks your hot stuff don't think a gay man does.
You missed the entire point of my post. Did anyone else misunderstand the point of my statement? Should I have worded it a little more plainly?
I understood it. I have no clue what the other poster is talking about though.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”