CSGV Continues Attack on PC Sec. 30.06

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Re: CSGV Continues Attack on PC Sec. 30.06

Post by jmra »

JP171 wrote:
esxmarkc wrote:Sadly, I read each and every comment.

The lack of education on concealed carry and it's intent, the incredible track record of CHL holders and the fact that they likely stand next to and armed CHL soccer moms in the checkout line at the local supermarket every week are all ideas to which they are totally oblivious.

All they can ask is "Why would anyone need to carry a weapon into a restaurant targeted toward kids entertainment?"

I can guarantee that these are all people that if posed with the question: "Who is responsible for the safety and well being of your spouse and children?" They would answer "The police." These are the type of people that believe someone else or some magic entity is in control of everything important in their lives.

The safety and well being of my family is my responsibility - and this is why I carry. This most basic and simple idea is as foreign to these people as quantum physics is to a goat.

Here in Texas we have built massive internationally respected medical centers, landed men on the moon, pioneered the development of integrated circuits and continue to pioneer methods that produce the lions share of energy that runs this country yet they see us as knuckle dragging neanderthals.

How do you reach these people? Why are they so alienated from the core basic principles of self-reliability and self-accountability that make up the cornerstone of what it means to be free?

You don't. They have been willingly programed to behave a certain way very much like Pavlov's dogs, since the programming was willing it is most certainly irreversible. This type of thinking behavior is the same as what Jim Jones did in Guyana and nothing any of us are able to do will change it, you can look up the statistics on cults and find that its something like less than 3 percent can ever be helped to recover from the psychological and emotional programming that is done at most of them, simply because its willing and not forced
:iagree: It is very much a cult. Rational thinking is not tolerated.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gringo pistolero »

What's the problem with education? I have been hearing for years that companies intentionally post bogus signs. If that's true, they will continue to do so. If that's a lie, then the companies will have the opportunity to correct their mistake.

We don't want to ignore the wishes of property owners like OCT extremists, do we?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Dreamer42

Post by Dreamer42 »

They don't realize it, but every day they are given the choice to "take the red pill or the blue pill" and they insist on taking the blue pill. Most people don't want to face certain aspects of reality - that sometimes the only thing keeping evil people in check is the thought of a good guy with a gun. :patriot:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

gringo pistolero wrote:What's the problem with education? I have been hearing for years that companies intentionally post bogus signs. If that's true, they will continue to do so. If that's a lie, then the companies will have the opportunity to correct their mistake.

We don't want to ignore the wishes of property owners like OCT extremists, do we?
Yes actually I DO want to ignore the wishes of property owners. When I enter a business (open to the public) I do not want to honor their wishes for no gays or Democrats to enter. They "theoretically" have the right to bar me (gay Democrat) under Texas law (by posting a sign). And I understand this. However, I do not believe that they should have the right to invoke the criminal power of the State to have me arrested. If asked to leave due to my "gender identification" or "political affiliation" or "carry status" I will leave. If a business properly posts IAW 30.06 I will not enter while carrying a handgun under authority of my CHL. If a business posts ("legally" under PC 30.05) against my gender, political, or gun preferences...I will proceed according to my understanding of US law.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VoiceofReason »

Why worry about those people? What they post means absolutely nothing. As someone pointed out, most are not citizens of Texas and can’t do anything about Texas laws. All they can do is sit at the computer and demonstrate their ignorance and stupididty.

I still believe they have just a few posting under many names and identities.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

It seems we have two very similar threads running: this one and /viewtopic.php?f=94&t=73533
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Vol Texan wrote:It seems we have two very similar threads running: this one and /viewtopic.php?f=94&t=73533
We do. But since each references a different Facebook post--and the subsequent scores of bizarre comments--I think they can stay as separate Forum Topics.

BTW, it may be baffling and even painful, but I do recommend everyone take the time to try to read through the comments. You won't be surprised at the pile-on, reactionary emotionality of the left, but you may be surprised at the complete lack of information--even misinformation--and at what has caused this fervor over a law that's been quietly and effectively on the books in Texas since the 75th Legislative session in 1997, and amended only slightly in 1999 and 2003.

Maybe the majority of gun owners need to start wearing T-shirts that read, "Primum Non Nocere," a fundamental worldwide healthcare principle: "First, do no harm."
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Skiprr wrote:Maybe the majority of gun owners need to start wearing T-shirts that read, "Primum Non Nocere," a fundamental worldwide healthcare principle: "First, do no harm."
I wish the people loudly proclaiming they ignore a sign that has mixed case, 31/32" letters, etc. would follow that advice. I understand the sentiment. I have no problem with making that kind of statement among friends, FTF, over drinks. However, posting those kind of comments on a public forum gives the antis ammunition, as we see from the commentary to the screenshots.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I'm tempted to post this as a comment on their FB post, but I don't think that it would help at all. The number of Chuck E Cheese locations that have been robbed at gun point isn't inconsequential.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chuck+e ... ed+robbery
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:I'm tempted to post this as a comment on their FB post, but I don't think that it would help at all. The number of Chuck E Cheese locations that have been robbed at gun point isn't inconsequential.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chuck+e ... ed+robbery

That kind of blasphemous logic would get you banned from their page.

From my perspective, :thumbs2: .
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

mr1337 wrote:It's not rocket surgery.
<SNIP>
"rlol" I am SO using that.

TAM, you know God doesn't want you contending with fools.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

JP171 wrote:
esxmarkc wrote:Sadly, I read each and every comment.

The lack of education on concealed carry and it's intent, the incredible track record of CHL holders and the fact that they likely stand next to and armed CHL soccer moms in the checkout line at the local supermarket every week are all ideas to which they are totally oblivious.

All they can ask is "Why would anyone need to carry a weapon into a restaurant targeted toward kids entertainment?"

I can guarantee that these are all people that if posed with the question: "Who is responsible for the safety and well being of your spouse and children?" They would answer "The police." These are the type of people that believe someone else or some magic entity is in control of everything important in their lives.

The safety and well being of my family is my responsibility - and this is why I carry. This most basic and simple idea is as foreign to these people as quantum physics is to a goat.

Here in Texas we have built massive internationally respected medical centers, landed men on the moon, pioneered the development of integrated circuits and continue to pioneer methods that produce the lions share of energy that runs this country yet they see us as knuckle dragging neanderthals.

How do you reach these people? Why are they so alienated from the core basic principles of self-reliability and self-accountability that make up the cornerstone of what it means to be free?

You don't. They have been willingly programed to behave a certain way very much like Pavlov's dogs, since the programming was willing it is most certainly irreversible. This type of thinking behavior is the same as what Jim Jones did in Guyana and nothing any of us are able to do will change it, you can look up the statistics on cults and find that its something like less than 3 percent can ever be helped to recover from the psychological and emotional programming that is done at most of them, simply because its willing and not forced
"Willingly" strikes me as a rather passive description. Enthusiastically isn't quite right either, but their whole identity is wrapped up in their chosen ideology and desire to be part of the tribe. They are what Eric Hoffer called "the true believer." Not only would changing traumatically shatter their personal identity, it would result in ostracization from the tribe, and not only do most people strongly desire to be part of something greater than themselves, they fear being alone. The need to conform to the ideology of the tribe is not limited to the left, but is common to every ideological grouping that is tribal in nature. Not many people are psychologically capable of challenging the "norms" of their particular tribe. They've chosen to believe what they do because it is emotionally comforting and buffers what can be a very harsh reality.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

I feel so ashamed...I got sucked in and commented on the facebook site! #ArguingWithIdiots

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Blindref757 wrote:I feel so ashamed...I got sucked in and commented on the facebook site! #ArguingWithIdiots
Come on BlindRef, that's like arguing with coaches! :smilelol5:
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”