Beretta USA Leaving Maryland

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Beretta USA Leaving Maryland

Post by RoyGBiv »

Beretta USA Announces Decision to Move Its Entire Maryland Manufacturing Capabilities to Tennessee
“During the legislative session in Maryland that resulted in passage of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, the version of the statute that passed the Maryland Senate would have prohibited Beretta U.S.A. from being able to manufacture, store or even import into the State products that we sell to customers throughout the United States and around the world. While we were able in the Maryland House of Delegates to reverse some of those obstructive provisions, the possibility that such restrictions might be reinstated in the future leaves us very worried about the wisdom of maintaining a firearm manufacturing factory in the State,” stated Jeff Cooper, General Manager for Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

“While we had originally planned to use the Tennessee facility for new equipment and for production of new product lines only, we have decided that it is more prudent from the point of view of our future welfare to move the Maryland production lines in their entirety to the new Tennessee facility,”
Unfortunately, nobody in Maryland will be swayed. They're probably happy to see the evil gun guys go, even though they lose 200+ more high-skill, good-paying manufacturing jobs.

#DemocratWarOnTheMiddleClass

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Vol Texan

Re: Beretta USA Leaving Maryland

Post by Vol Texan »

Elections have consequences, and continuing to vote in these liberals will cause more businesses to flee the state. But you're right, they'll likely be glad to have this company gone.

Now all that being said, Gallatin is not really Tennessee. I grew up so far in NorthEast Tennessee that we considered anything west of Knoxville to be just "East Arkansas". But Nashville (because of the music) and Clarksville (because of Ft. Campbell) were both considered to be part of Tennessee by us, even though they were well outside the Appalachian mountains.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Vol Texan wrote: Now all that being said, Gallatin is not really Tennessee. I grew up so far in NorthEast Tennessee that we considered anything west of Knoxville to be just "East Arkansas". But Nashville (because of the music) and Clarksville (because of Ft. Campbell) were both considered to be part of Tennessee by us, even though they were well outside the Appalachian mountains.
You're correct - Gallatin is definitely in "Middle Tennessee" which, in many ways, is so much different than the Smoky Mountains Tennessee and East Arkansas.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Check out this letter Beretta sent to West Virginia....wouldn't go there with Manchin in the Senate. I'm liking my Beretta's more and more.

"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I am without words. :anamatedbanana
NRA Endowment Member

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

The Beretta General Manager is named Jeff Cooper :fire

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

WildBill wrote:I am without words. :anamatedbanana
Now if gun manufacturers would stop selling guns in California and New York, including to law enforcement, it would probably quickly put an end to this stupidity.

Question, can State or Federal Government force private industry to sell to them? Can the government dictate what price they have to pay?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

Eventually the people of Maryland, New York, California etc. may start to wake up and see that all there strict gun laws are not reducing the crime rates in those states. If they start leaving those sewers en mass, is there any way to keep them from infecting other states that would pass constitutional muster?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”