Recent jury verdict after mob beating near A&M

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Recent jury verdict after mob beating near A&M

Post by Greybeard »

Pretty sad story about a kid (we have same last name but are unrelated) from home town (Flower Mound). And some good info of where kids should probably NOT go if attending or visiting Texas A&M. http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/beat ... nalds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

saltydog452

Re: Recent jury verdict after mob beating near A&M

Post by saltydog452 »

Does the Forum have a tool that'd allow fwding or sending links to a specific post?

We have one Granddaughter at Aggie Land and another on deck. Their parents might find this article worth discussing with the kiddos.

Thanks,

salty

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

You do not need a tool. The link to this thread is:

Code: Select all

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=74068
Simply copy the URL and paste it into the email.

The original article URL is:

Code: Select all

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/beaten_to_death_at_mcdonalds.html
I would copy and paste the article link instead of the link to this forum.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Sad to say but one must really keep their wits about them In certain places. It is a terrible story.

The university I went to was surrounded on two sides by empoverished neighborhoods. You simply did not go
In that direction even to a fast food place. It was only marginally safe during the day. At night it was downright dangerous.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

whats worse is that this story will never go viral or get any kind of MSM attention because it doesn't follow the PC version of racism.....everybody knows that racism by definition means that white people hate other races but all other races are free to hate white people as much as they want and be supported by the masses....ohh wait that version isn't in the dictionary, that must be the pop culture version....
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

I didn't know about that incident. I have been to that McDonald's several times, but not at night. I wonder if McDonald's saw the light and put some security in there at night. I was just at that McDonalds on July 25 about noon, no security there then, but no trouble either.

Won't be going back either. Less concerned about getting mobbed than I am about the fact that McDonald's, through their manager, repeatedly tolerated and encouraged mobs like that.
USAF 1982-2005

jtran987

Post by jtran987 »

Sad story, prayers to their friends and family. Goes to show how situational awareness is so important.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

ELB wrote:I didn't know about that incident. I have been to that McDonald's several times, but not at night. I wonder if McDonald's saw the light and put some security in there at night. I was just at that McDonalds on July 25 about noon, no security there then, but no trouble either.

Won't be going back either. Less concerned about getting mobbed than I am about the fact that McDonald's, through their manager, repeatedly tolerated and encouraged mobs like that.
The Boy talked about that McDonalds. Evidently it was one [abbreviated profanity deleted] the few places open when power went out in the area recently (maybe that means they don't serve real food...).

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

This is the first time I have heard of this incident. Amazing how it got no air time in the Austin area....or then again...maybe not :banghead: Wrong narrative.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

It's almost like the MSM wants to increase racial tensions with slanted coverage and ignite a civil war.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cb1000rider »

I didn't know about that incident either. In fact, in my entire tenure there, I can't say that I every saw more than a few people of color in any one place. College Station isn't a very ethnically diverse place... At least not when I went there. Sure, there was a bit more latitude on the ourskirts - in Bryan... But that McDonalds location is practically on-campus. I can't see how a crowd of 400 didn't immediately garner massive attention from the PD.

For those that didn't follow the story or read it completely - they weren't killed in an alteration at McDonalds. They were killed in an accident while fleeing the scene...

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

That area is fine. On Thursday nights it gets inundated with a mix of idiots after a night of partying.

We used to help CSPD a good bit when they would call a broken arrow out there, but it seems to be better.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

cb1000rider wrote: - they weren't killed in an alteration at McDonalds. They were killed in an accident while fleeing the scene...
did I miss it? The article states
Police initially thought Ward and Crisp had died in the crash, and they had considered charging Bean. But pathologists at the negligence trial, both for the plaintiffs and McDonald's, agreed Ward was beaten to death -- the fatal kicks and punches delivered to the lower back of his head and chin.
How do you conclude that Ward was killed in an accident? :headscratch
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Interesting that the police officer decided to retrieve his AR15 as he saw what was going on.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”