A company now wants police to blind us into compliance

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

A company now wants police to blind us into compliance

Post by VMI77 »

http://shielddefensesystems.com/featured_products.html

This company wants to sell a device to police that will blind us into compliance. But the gun related part is this:
The Z-RO is a technologically advanced Non-Lethal Compliance Weapon System geared toward temporarily subduing offensive targets through temporary, but complete visual obstruction, while preserving the life of both the assailant(s) and law enforcement officer(s). The weapon mounted or hand held device SAFELY obstructs the target's vision temporarily for up to 10-15 minutes via proprietary technology when deployed on engaged mark. It inflicts absolutely NO lasting damage or harm to the target as the Z-RO has been tested thoroughly, and with conclusive evidence to prove such claim. The device is 100% effective in forcing active non-lethal compliance over individual or multiple assailing biological targets, and will inflict Z-RO damage to their retina and cornea, as these are not targeted to achieve the visual obfuscation effect. It is the ONLY device in its category housing advance technology that inflicts absolutely NO retinal damage, or any lasting harm to the intended target or its operator.
So, they want the police to mount this device in a manner that will require them to literally point guns at our heads. What could possibly go wrong?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

McKnife

Re: A company now wants police to blind us into compliance

Post by McKnife »

SAFELY obstructs the target's vision temporarily for up to 10-15 minutes via proprietary technology when deployed on engaged mark. It inflicts absolutely NO lasting damage or harm
So, there's temporary damage? How does it get reversed?

I call bullbutter. This sounds like their most offensive way of combating copwatchers and photogs from a distance.

It would surprise me if someone fed-up responds with their own bright flash of light... followed by longer-lasting affects.
:coolgleamA:

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by esxmarkc »

My welding helmet autodarkens in 4/10ths of a millisecond. I'll have to start wearing this to the supermarket. I doubt if anyone notices.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

esxmarkc wrote:My welding helmet autodarkens in 4/10ths of a millisecond. I'll have to start wearing this to the supermarket. I doubt if anyone notices.
If anyone asks you why you are wearing it, just start wheezing and say 'I am Luke's father'. :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

No no no. They have pepper spray, tazers, batons, sound weapons for crowds, that is enough. No
No NO!
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

For some reason Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones popped in my head as I was reading this.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by esxmarkc »

mojo84 wrote:For some reason Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones popped in my head as I was reading this. ...
FLASH! goes the neuralyzer..... OK...... Here's what happened.... I asked you for your driver's license and you bolted. You ran over that park bench and into that fireplug at full speed. Then you bit yourself on the thigh, handcuffed yourself, poked your own eye out, shot yourself in the leg and jumped off the overpass. That's when we caught up with you and saved you from hurting yourself any further. You should really be more careful next time.

:lol: :lol:
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”