Gubernatorial Debate

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Gubernatorial Debate

Post by anygunanywhere »

Last night Mrs Anygun and I started watching the Rio Grande debate.

I only made it to the fourth question and could stand it no longer and changed the channel.

The first four questions were worded for Davis' benefit. The panel consisted of three news anchors. What could be more fair and balanced?

All Abortion Barbie could do was personally attack AG Abbott and pander to the progressives.

I did a search on the perceived results and it appears to be mixed.

The November election is very important. Davis must be sent packing. Every vote counts.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

Re: Gubernatorial Debate

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We heard about 10 minutes of it as we were driving to an event at church. My wife, who is at least as conservative as myself but doesn't pay much attention to events, had never heard Davis's voice before. Her comment? "My God....THAT'S what she sounds like? That woman will never get elected. It's too painful to listen to her talk."

I married well. :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I hope she turns off a lot of progressives with her constant attacks.
Charlie

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I saw the first attack ad against her and it's interesting. It makes statements about her law firm benefiting from her votes as a Senator and this is not a new allegation. What was new to me was a claim that she is the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation. All of these statements were attributed to specific newspapers, including at least one from San Antonio.

Chas.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I've yet to hear her speak, but I guessing she has a kazoo voice...

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

Well, I now know why they call them goobers, or should I call her a gooberette?
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

One thing my wife pointed out during one of her many attack ads, this one twisting AG Abbott's educational policies, shows her reading to a circle of elementary aged students. The book is open to a page that shows a black male playing pool while the opposing illustration shows a black male playing on a honky-tonk piano and smoking. Yup, that's good material for the kids. Makes you wonder what she is implying.

:cheers2:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Abraham wrote:I've yet to hear her speak, but I guessing she has a kazoo voice...
Trust me, it's painful. My ears are still bleeding a bit.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Abraham wrote:I've yet to hear her speak, but I guessing she has a kazoo voice...

Oh it's ugly. Mix California mall girls Ohhh my gaawwwd with a bit of a back throated nasally rasp. Unnghhh

If you must...

[youtube][/youtube]
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

jmra

Post by jmra »

Syntyr wrote:If you must...

[youtube][/youtube]
I mustn't!
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

My wife and I registered to vote for the first time. I was in the US since 1999 and she followed in in 2001. But finally it is here, time to vote.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Beiruty wrote:My wife and I registered to vote for the first time. I was in the US since 1999 and she followed in in 2001. But finally it is here, time to vote.
And unlike the majority of Americans, you will actually vote. Thank you for that.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Mel

Post by Mel »

DubiousDan wrote:She sounds rehearsed as if she knew the questions ahead of time and is reading the answers.
You Think?
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”