New NRA Ad

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

New NRA Ad

Post by baldeagle »

This ad takes on Bloomberg directly. I think it's powerful.
[video][/video]
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

longtooth

Re: New NRA Ad

Post by longtooth »

:iagree: I like it. :iagree:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Very good ad.

I wish only that it somehow also mentioned at the end that Bloomberg is backing several innocuously-named groups (Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, etc.) to take on the appearance of broad appeal for gun control. Somehow shining that spotlight on him as the hidden backer of these groups would be the icing on the cake for this commercial (or others in the future).

Yes, we all know that he's the money behind these groups, but this commercial is not directed at us. It's directed at the unknowing masses - and they need to know the truth behind his multi-faceted attack machine. Once their eyes are opened to Bloomberg, it's a shame to not let them know all the faces he hides behind.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Vol Texan wrote:Very good ad.

I wish only that it somehow also mentioned at the end that Bloomberg is backing several innocuously-named groups (Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, etc.) to take on the appearance of broad appeal for gun control. Somehow shining that spotlight on him as the hidden backer of these groups would be the icing on the cake for this commercial (or others in the future).

Yes, we all know that he's the money behind these groups, but this commercial is not directed at us. It's directed at the unknowing masses - and they need to know the truth behind his multi-faceted attack machine. Once their eyes are opened to Bloomberg, it's a shame to not let them know all the faces he hides behind.
Excellent suggestions to an excellent ad. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

I like it. As stated above, it would be even better if there were some correlation between Bloomberg and all the groups under his umbrella. Perhaps this is the first of a series of ads and follow-on ads might address that?? That would be nice.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”