Warrantless Surprise Searches now legal in UK

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Warrantless Surprise Searches now legal in UK

Post by C-dub »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/20 ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The searches are not new, but have required notification. Now, they can be unannounced. Hopefully, this sort of thing will never happen here. Didn't some libs try this up in the north east a year or two ago and fail miserably?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah

Re: Warrantless Surprise Searches now legal in UK

Post by oohrah »

Well, the Brits have been doing that for a long time. Didn't we go to war with them over this issue a few centuries ago? ;-)
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Yeah, the "terrorists" could use stolen single shot air rifles to bring down the country. But they don't need to, since the government is working hard to do that itself.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Wow.. creates a great way to take care of your gun-owning neighbor.
That being said, which is safer:
1) A no-warranty search of your UK-legal firearms by the UK police
2) A warrant based search (without notification) of your firearms by USA based police

I know which one gets more attention...

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Glad I live in Texas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”