CHL holder "outed" by "concerned parent "

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL holder "outed" by "concerned parent "

Post by Dadtodabone »

My lawn signage would read as follows:
"When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away. Ms. XXXX of 1234 St. has chosen to rely on the Police to protect her family and home."
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Happily Ever After
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Happily Ever After »

Dadtodabone wrote:My lawn signage would read as follows:
"When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away. Ms. XXXX of 1234 St. has chosen to rely on the Police to protect her family and home."
"rlol"

Remember the Golden Rule? It sounds like she wants him to post a sign in his yard too. :angel:

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim Beaux »

Happily Ever After wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:My lawn signage would read as follows:
"rlol"

Remember the Golden Rule? It sounds like she wants him to post a sign in his yard too. :angel:
As the old adage goes, "Dont get into a wrestling match with a pig. Youre both gonna get muddy and the pig is gonna love it."

(I would do the sign. Ive been muddy before.) :coolgleamA:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

What a nut case. Bless the gun owners heart.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Beiruty,

"Once he had asked me why I do have guns and carry a pistol."

Your very reasonable/measured response isn't something I couldn't have done. No doubt you said the right thing, but he had no right to ask. Being the principal of the school doesn't endow him with the authority to ask such a question. He's a school principle not law enforcement.

More than likely my response would have been more along the lines of: "How the (expletive deleted) is that any business of yours?"

The sheer arrogance of presumption that the principal thinks he can ask such a question is outrageous!

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Abraham wrote:Beiruty,

"Once he had asked me why I do have guns and carry a pistol."

Your very reasonable/measured response isn't something I couldn't have done. No doubt you said the right thing, but he had no right to ask. Being the principal of the school doesn't endow him with the authority to ask such a question. He's a school principle not law enforcement.

More than likely my response would have been more along the lines of: "How the (expletive deleted) is that any business of yours?"

The sheer arrogance of presumption that the principal thinks he can ask such a question is outrageous!
Why do you have guns and carry a pistol Abraham? I think I have every right to ask you, but you have the right not answer my stupid question. :biggrinjester: I'm bad, I know...
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Charlies.Contingency ,

I know you're being facetious, but we'll have to disagree as to the principal having the "right" to ask such a question.

He doesn't.

There are some questions that are simply over the line.

Example: Why is your wife so fat? Why are your kids so ugly?

Charlies.Contingency

Abraham wrote:Charlies.Contingency ,

I know you're being facetious, but we'll have to disagree as to the principal having the "right" to ask such a question.

He doesn't.

There are some questions that are simply over the line.

Example: Why is your wife so fat? Why are your kids so ugly?
But those are very personal questions, and not to mention about your family. It was a question about why "you" do something. I can understand the principals concern, and why he asked. If my daughter was riding with you and your daughter to some park, and I found out you had a gun, I would be overly inquisitive as well. For my reasoning, I'd like to hear what you have to say, so I can get a feeling of what category of gun owner you are, as in:

A. Government is out to get me.
B. I've got bad people that want to hurt me.
C. I like expressing my rights.
D. I like carrying Ak-47's when I go grocery shopping.
E. I want to be able to protect myself, family, and others if the need arises.
F. I am preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
G. That's none of your concern.

Of the answers above, I like E the most, as E to me represents somebody with a protective mentality for their family and others, and that's what I want with somebody who is going to be carrying around my children. Was the question appropriate at the time? Not so much. Should he have asked him? I think it shows he cares. Do I support somebody asking me why I carry when I drop my kids off at school? Absolutely. It gives me the chance to inform them of why I do it, and hopefully get other people to do as I do, protect my children.

At the end of it, I don't have a problem with the principal asking him, according to the way it was narrated by the OP. I didn't see any notation that the principal was being overly personal, exceedingly inquisitive, disgusted or upset about the OP carrying the gun. It sounded to me like a concerned adult trying to get as much information as possible in a respectable manner to ensure that all parties are safe, and that there is no need for concern.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mr1337 wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:I'd be tempted to post an adjacent sign saying, "Dear Criminals, the family at 123 Anywhere street (with a picture of their house) is not protected by the Second Amendment (that's firearms, to you low-information-voters)."

I think that is awesome... You should suggest it.

The situation is another reason why you shouldn't talk about CHL. Nothing good can come of it.
I don't think this is the best thing to do. This is stooping to their level. As respectable citizens (nevermind the gun-owning part of things) we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard. It's easy to fight fire with fire, but it's more effective to be the model citizen that they are not.
You do realize that probably the most popular use of "not stooping to their level" is by anti gun and anti self-defense types who believe themselves morally superior for supposedly eschewing violence? Me, I've got no problem with stooping to someone's level when I'm being attacked. I've never been much of a turn the other cheek type. That said, I try to use good judgement as to when I stoop.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

:reddevil
cb1000rider wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:I'd be tempted to post an adjacent sign saying, "Dear Criminals, the family at 123 Anywhere street (with a picture of their house) is not protected by the Second Amendment (that's firearms, to you low-information-voters)."

I think that is awesome... You should suggest it.

The situation is another reason why you shouldn't talk about CHL. Nothing good can come of it.
The first rule of fight club....mmm CHL, is you don't talk about CHL. The second rule of CHL is you don't talk about CHL. And the third rule? ...you don't talk about CHL. :reddevil
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

CC,

As you posted: "but you have the right not answer my stupid question."

Charlies.Contingency

Abraham wrote:CC,

As you posted: "but you have the right not answer my stupid question."
Exactly. :biggrinjester:

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Deleted
Last edited by VoiceofReason on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Maybe getting off topic, but do y'all really care that people know that you carry? It doesn't bother me in the least.
That information is between me & the DPS (and the very few forum members that have met me)
:-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

jmra

Post by jmra »

Most people who know me, know me. When there is a conversation it always ends with someone saying, "If blah blah happens we know who we can count on".
I attend a large church. During one service our pastor was trying to use an anology of a response to physical warfare and spiritual warfare. As he was demonstrating how he would defend himself the audience burst out in laughter, he paused and said, "who am I kidding, if someone was breaking into my house I'd just call JMRA." The laughter turned to applause. Yep, I think I'm pretty much outed.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”