Student Allowed to carry Religious Knife at School

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Student Allowed to carry Religious Knife at School

Post by jayinsat »

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/nation/ ... /17763379/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The concept of the Kirpan, considered an instrument of social justice, is taught to children at an early age.

"For the people who are formally initiated to the Kirpan, it's very near and dear," said Singh.

But some question whether it is appropriate to bring to school.

A few weeks ago at Auburn's Gildo Rey Elementary, a Sikh family approached the school telling them their little boy would be carrying a Kirpan every day.
We've been approaching this campus carry issue all wrong. If we form a religion where our CCW is paramount, we should be golden (except, of course, it can't be Judeo-Christian based).
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Student Allowed to carry Religious Knife at School

Post by mojo84 »

But don't bring your bible. Geez!

We had to address the bible issue when my son was in second grade. Needless to say, after I finished with the vice principal, he hasn't had a problem since even though he keeps a pocket New Testament with him practically at all times. He is now a freshman in college.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jayinsat wrote:http://www.kens5.com/story/news/nation/ ... /17763379/
The concept of the Kirpan, considered an instrument of social justice, is taught to children at an early age.

"For the people who are formally initiated to the Kirpan, it's very near and dear," said Singh.

A few weeks ago at Auburn's Gildo Rey Elementary, a Sikh family approached the school telling them their little boy would be carrying a Kirpan every day.
We've been approaching this campus carry issue all wrong. If we form a religion where our CCW is paramount, we should be golden (except, of course, it can't be Judeo-Christian based).
Now here's a new approach and we don't have to make anything up. As Jesus said; "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." Luke 22:36.

Chas.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

jayinsat wrote:We've been approaching this campus carry issue all wrong. If we form a religion where our CCW is paramount, we should be golden (except, of course, it can't be Judeo-Christian based).
But do we also have to wear nothing but a red diaper with cartridge-belt suspenders and hip boots and carry a WFAR?

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Now here's a new approach and we don't have to make anything up. As Jesus said; "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." Luke 22:36.

Chas.
The problem with that is that the oh so tolerant left has no tolerance for Christians or Christianity. Now, if you can find a similar passage in the Koran we may have something.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

From the article in the OP:
"The knife can't come out. It can't be shown around. It needs to be underneath their clothing," said Auburn Assistant Superintendent of Schools Ryan Foster. "That allows them to express their religion without jeopardizing anyone's feeling of safety. If there are any problems, we will take it to the family, but we don't expect any."
So if his concealed carry is OK in a school, and it allows people to feel safe, why would the same not be true for us? Oh yeah, it is...
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

VMI77 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
The problem with that is that the oh so tolerant left has no tolerance for Christians or Christianity. Now, if you can find a similar passage in the Koran we may have something.
If not in the Koran, it's well established in the Hadeeth,(i.e.What the Prophet did). When my son is teen, I will get him a mini version of this one:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Beiruty wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
If not in the Koran, it's well established in the Hadeeth,(i.e.What the Prophet did). When my son is teen, I will get him a mini version of this one:
[ Image ]
Don't think I'd want to be stabbed with that.....not that there is anything out there I want to be stabbed with.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

My post was sarcastically speaking. :lol: :lol:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Beiruty wrote:When my son is teen, I will get him a mini version of this one:
[ Image ]
That's an interesting blade design.... How does one sheath something that's wider at the pointy end like that? Do you have to worry about stresses building up near the forked bit when it's "in use", or is it tough enough that it doesn't matter?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

My son treats his new Glock 22 as if it is some kind of religious artifact. Guess he can take it to school now. :cheers2:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

mojo84 wrote:My son treats his new Glock 22 as if it is some kind of religious artifact. Guess he can take it to school now.
Should go well with the helmet while he's licking the windows on the short bus. :roll:

Of course, you could let him convert to the side of right: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... -drab.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

KD5NRH wrote:
mojo84 wrote:My son treats his new Glock 22 as if it is some kind of religious artifact. Guess he can take it to school now.
Should go well with the helmet while he's licking the windows on the short bus. :roll:

Of course, you could let him convert to the side of right: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... -drab.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you miss the obvious humor and then make a personal attack on towards my son?

If so, that's an uncalled for low blow that I can assure you would not make in person to him or me.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I dont have a problem with other's religion or traditions, but how would they guard against the other kids grabbing the kirpan and doing stupid kid stuff?
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”