"Gun Violence" Groups Playbook

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Salty1
Posts in topic: 1

"Gun Violence" Groups Playbook

Post by Salty1 »

The below link brings you to a "Play Book" written for the anti-firearm movement. It seems that they have organized a documented effort to bring their messaging to restrict firearm ownership to a higher level, this is the first time I have seen t his and thought it was worth sharing for those who are interested.

Now when you hear the gun grabbers speaking you know where it is coming from. Although the copyright date is 2012 it seems that the "talking points" are still the basis for their operations. It is worth downloading and reading as to know what we will be up against during this legislative session.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/7 ... -pdf-1.pdf
Salty1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Gun Violence" Groups Playbook

Post by C-dub »

That is some amazing stuff there. I have not gotten through the entire document yet, but here is one falsehood already.
THE OVERALL LANDSCAPE
1. Advocates for gun violence prevention win the logical debate, but lose on more emotional
terms.
Unfortunately, for them, they always or nearly always also lose the logical debate, but can't seem to understand that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

OMG, this thing make me crazy.
KEY MESSAGES
1. Three key themes drive the most powerful arguments for gun violence prevention:
ONE: The serious personal toll that gun violence takes on people’s lives.
TW0: People’s right to be free from violence in their communities.
THREE: The changing nature of weapons towards more powerful, military-style ones that
make us less safe.
All three are wrong or incomplete.
ONE: all violence takes a toll on peoples' lives including accidents.
TWO: no one has a right to be free from violence
THREE: there was no exclusion for military weapons, the most deadly at that time, when the BoR was written.

I haven't even gotten past page 7 and have a feeling this thing is going to make my head explode.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

The best way to counter this whole “playbook” is to keep hammering on the facts and pointing out their whole argument is based on emotions.

Every time they make a statement insist on the source and keep pointing out they don’t know anything about what they are talking about.

That can be our “playbook” in two paragraphs.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

C-dub wrote:That is some amazing stuff there. I have not gotten through the entire document yet, but here is one falsehood already.
THE OVERALL LANDSCAPE
1. Advocates for gun violence prevention win the logical debate, but lose on more emotional
terms.
Unfortunately, for them, they always or nearly always also lose the logical debate, but can't seem to understand that.
True. Criminals don't obey gun laws. No logical debate needed beyond this.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”