Texas Senate Upcoming Committe Mtg

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 3

Texas Senate Upcoming Committe Mtg

Post by K5GU »

Life is good.

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Senate Upcoming Committe Mtg

Post by AF-Odin »

Pray that Kory and his fellow travelers do not show up. Polite, professional, and reasonable..........

Will be interested to see how this initial foray goes.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Bladed
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bladed »

Apparently, Come and Take It Texas will be there to testify against SB 346/SB17: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to update the open carry bill number now that Lt. Gov. Patrick has given it one of his reserved numbers.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

I think the more CATI,OCT,OCTC are against a bill, will put more Gump into getting them passed. I think our Rep's know now who these idiots are and expect stupidity to abound, as much as I would like to see OC pass I gave up hope awhile back. I don't plan to OC so no biggie for me.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

They'll be there.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-09-18-16-50.png
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

These folks are not going to back off , they love the attention and theatrics . I actually don't think they are worried about their rights , at one time they may have been but at this point they are just enjoying being in the spotlight . They are losers , any of the OCTC members with a brain have long since went home and washed their hands of these loud mouthed clowns . Ol Kory always has someone with a cellphone videoing his amateurish adolescent caterwauling refusal to cooperate with anyone that is an authority figure so they can get back to their tree house and post it on THEIR Facebook page , no one will support their pubescent efforts . No credible news outlet openly supports them , they just play sound bites showing how crazy ALL gun owners are .

We have inadvertently provided support by being patient and thinking they will go away from if nothing else pure embarrassment brought on by themselves but the lure of the spotlight is too alluring to these guys with their toddler like mental . The LEO's cut them slack trying not to anger or agitate gun owners all over the state . Politicians that were friends of the gun owners have lost the will to expand gun rights are hating them because they had promised us more rights and now they can't deliver . They are putting up with them because they are afraid they will anger us and can't have the general public see them give in to a bunch of nutters , they have no options .

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Yep, they are irrational morons.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
K5GU

Post by K5GU »

I think most of the current Texas legislators are smart enough to see the line of thinking between the extremists and the common-sense supporters of the OC bills.
Life is good.

Topic author
K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Actually, the licensed-and-holstered-carry proposed bills (e.g, SB 17 and HB 910) provide more of a defense-to-prosecution than the unlicensed proposed bills, which is very important to YOU if you ever have to pull the handgun and/or use it to defend yourself in Texas. Except for very high profile cases, the US Constitution's 2nd amendment is probably not going to help the defendant as much as the Texas statutes.

Think about it.
Life is good.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:Yep, they are irrational morons.
I wonder how long it took for them to call John Smith a hoplophobe?
It's as if it's the only >2-syllable word these mouth breathers have in their vocabulary. :banghead:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

This should be interesting: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems that Come and Take It Texas plans on showing up at the committee hearing wearing outside-the-waistband holsters covered with socks with pictures of guns on them (click on the link to see what I mean).

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Bladed wrote:This should be interesting: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems that Come and Take It Texas plans on showing up at the committee hearing wearing outside-the-waistband holsters covered with socks with pictures of guns on them (click on the link to see what I mean).
Yes, this could get very interesting.

Chas.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes, this could get very interesting.
Especially if PC §46.035(c) and (i) get brought into play . . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Yep, they are irrational morons.
I wonder how long it took for them to call John Smith a hoplophobe?
It's as if it's the only >2-syllable word these mouth breathers have in their vocabulary. :banghead:

He actually hasn't been attacked very aggressively and has received several likes. Hopefully, some within the group are figuring it out and will start putting some pressure on their leaders.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes, this could get very interesting.
Especially if PC §46.035(c) and (i) get brought into play . . .
I'm waiting to see if the Senate gallery or floor has a 30.06 sign. That would cause quite a political stir, as it did several sessions ago when someone decided to post them on both the Senate and House entrances.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”