Small town signage very politically incorrect.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 2

Small town signage very politically incorrect.

Post by Greybeard »

Good to see some Yankees doing this. I can envision such as well in some West Texas towns like Pampa, Wheeler, Groom, Dalhart and Ballinger and ........ :patriot:
http://news.yahoo.com/town-best-most-we ... 03342.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Small town signage very politically incorrect.

Post by Jumping Frog »

Didn't take long.. 4 of 12 signs vandalized with Spray paint.

http://www.wgal.com/news/progun-signs-v ... y/31199036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video cameras were on two of the signs. Oops! Some local anti is going to get caught defacing public property.

As far as Yankees doing this, the vast majority of Pennsylvania (excluding Philadelphia) has better gun laws that Texas.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Greybeard wrote:Good to see some Yankees doing this. I can envision such as well in some West Texas towns like Pampa, Wheeler, Groom, Dalhart and Ballinger and ........ :patriot:
http://news.yahoo.com/town-best-most-we ... 03342.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns. Ballinger is neither.

West Texas Towns include, Monahans, Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Ft. Davis, Alpine, Balmorhea, Midland, Odessa, Big Lake, San Angelo, Mentone, Crane, etc.

Though It would not surprise me to see such a sign at any of those towns.

:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jumping Frog wrote:Didn't take long.. 4 of 12 signs vandalized with Spray paint.

http://www.wgal.com/news/progun-signs-v ... y/31199036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video cameras were on two of the signs. Oops! Some local anti is going to get caught defacing public property.

As far as Yankees doing this, the vast majority of Pennsylvania (excluding Philadelphia) has better gun laws that Texas.
Even Philadelphia is going to be feeling that pinch soon: http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=14432

It appears that the state is going to be enforcing preemption, even in Philadelphia. If I understand the new law correctly, about the only thing Philadelphia will be able to do is regulate how or if firearms are carried in buildings like county courthouses and other municipal/county facilities.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

E10

Post by E10 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns. Ballinger is neither.

West Texas Towns include, Monahans, Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Ft. Davis, Alpine, Balmorhea, Midland, Odessa, Big Lake, San Angelo, Mentone, Crane, etc.
Actually, Curly, for me and my neighbors, those are ALL East Texas towns.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

E10 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote: Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns. Ballinger is neither.

Actually, if I may enlighten our distinguished Forum members, it is a well known and documented fact that any and all towns west of Fort Worth are in West Texas, as "Fort Worth is where the West Begins." Source documentation follows:

https://books.google.com/books?id=7KiKq ... ns&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:biggrinjester:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: "Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns."

I am afraid the folks at that college (now a part of the A&M system) just south of Amarillo would disagree with you. That real old piece of paper on the I-Love-Me-Wall right here sez: West Texas State University. ;-)
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Greybeard wrote:Quote: "Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns."

I am afraid the folks at that college (now a part of the A&M system) just south of Amarillo would disagree with you. That real old piece of paper on the I-Love-Me-Wall right here sez: West Texas State University. ;-)
But those are Aggies so... :biggrinjester:
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Greybeard wrote:Quote: "Pampa, Wheeler, Groom and Dalhart are NOT West Texas Towns. They are Panhandle Towns."

Having lived and grown up in that general vicinity, including Texline, Dalhart, Amarillo, Friona, Fritch, Shamrock and Higgins in the Panhandle and Monahans, Odessa, Midland, Fort Stockton, Pecos, Andrews, Seminole, Seagraves, Big Spring, San Angelo, Wink, Crane, etc., I can ASSURE you that Canyon, the home of the Buffs of WTSU/WT A&M considers itself to be a Panhandle town, as is Lubbock, which is considered to be on the southern boundary of the Panhandle.
Last edited by OldCurlyWolf on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

E10 wrote:

Then you probably live in the vicinity of El Paso. :evil2:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RogueUSMC wrote:

But those are Aggies so... :biggrinjester:
Too funny! "rlol" :smilelol5:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Dreamer42

Post by Dreamer42 »

The wife and I lived in Canadian, and I got my teacher certificate at WT in Canyon. I did my student teaching in Pampa. All Panhandle towns, not West Texas towns.

maintenanceguy

Post by maintenanceguy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Even Philadelphia is going to be feeling that pinch soon: http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=14432

It appears that the state is going to be enforcing preemption, even in Philadelphia. If I understand the new law correctly, about the only thing Philadelphia will be able to do is regulate how or if firearms are carried in buildings like county courthouses and other municipal/county facilities.
PA allows open carry with no permit...except for Philly. But it's the state law that exempts Philly so it won't be possible to sue Philadelphia to change this.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”