Quirky, hopefully ineffective, ad from the Everytown crowd

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Quirky, hopefully ineffective, ad from the Everytown crowd

Post by treadlightly »

http://everytown.org/stop-crazytown/?so ... es-release

Out of the mouths of babes, as they say, this anti-gun ad ought to backfire. The worst is it claims Wayne LaPierre said everything in the ad. The last scene shows a young fellow ask, "Who wrote this sh--?"

While Mr. LaPierre may use such language privately - I have no idea if he does or not - I know he didn't say such a thing publicly.

After watching that ad I would be likely to buy a gun. I would have, too, except I just did. I get to pick it up tomorrow.

But thinking that ad's message through, maybe I should try to get there after work today.

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Quirky, hopefully ineffective, ad from the Everytown cro

Post by steveincowtown »

Wait a second, so Everytown is now accusing the NRA of fear mongering? That is laughable at best.

As a side note, as someone who survived an attempted car jacking solely due to the fact that I had an accessible weapon, I find that portion of the ad a bit offensive.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The "Gun Control" groups are consistent in their approach. Their strategy has always included demonizing guns, and this never changes. That step has been and is crucial to them to sway public opinion. They have extended it to demonizing the most effective supporters of the Second Amendment. After all, who but demons can support the ownership or use of (evil) guns?? By demonizing individuals and groups, they hope to further sway public opinion against any who oppose their view. As long as these groups perceive these tactics to be productive, they will continue regardless of truth and in spite of evidence.

The other consistency they exhibit is the use of incrementalism taken from the playbook of the larger movement, Progressivism -- always demanding everything they want and then backing down to what they can get only to turn right around and ask again. In this manner, rights of all kinds have been eroded in the US by progressive elements and continue to suffer. Progressives claim to know what is best for us, and they'll keep asking us to do the "common sense" "right thing" and take one small step at a time to their ultimate goal of a utopian society. At least that is what the so-called useful idiots in the movement will say and do. The real leaders have other motives involving wealth and power that cannot be easily gained so long as people believe in individual rights.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Apparently they've pulled the video.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Very bizarre, a "Moms" group scripting an expletive for a seven year old.

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

whoever thought that ad was a good idea is an idiot. I cannot see at all how that would sway someones opinion towards their point of view.

The good thing is that some of their funds were wasted on this garbage. :thumbs2:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

baldeagle wrote:Apparently they've pulled the video.

:iagree: . I could not find a video either
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

I clicked on the link in the OP and went right to it. Just tested it again.

TVegas

Post by TVegas »

This ad played before an ArmedDynamics video I watched on youtube this morning!! :lol: "rlol"
:txflag: Thanks and Gig 'em! :thumbs2:

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

The ad is still there, as ridiculous as it is. I guess they are using kids in the ad to try to play to our sense of "it's for the children" again. All I see is someone using children to further their agenda. The kids have no opinion, other than what they were told to say, and I find it somewhat repulsive if anything. :mad5

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I don't even have to see it to know that it's full of lies. Lies are all the anti self-defense crowd have.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The link still goes to the ad, but the ad doesn't play (at least for me).
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

This today from [Pre-paid legal service]:

Texas Call To Action!

Dear Members and Friends,

Our friends at the Texas State Rifle Association have made us aware of a significant development occurring within the Texas Legislature this session. At their request, we are forwarding the following message as a "Call to Action" from the TSRA that we fully support.
Because this issue is both urgent and of the utmost importance, we encourage you to forward this to your friends and family.

Sincerely,
David Donchecz
Vice President of Member Services

"You need to be aware of a disturbing new development surrounding SB 11 and HB 937, the campus carry bills currently pending in the Texas House of Representatives. Even if you don’t have a Concealed Handgun License, even if you rarely – if ever – find yourself in a college setting, or even if this issue just hasn’t been a priority for you in the past, you should pay attention now. Because what happens with these bills could impact the future of our Second Amendment rights in the Lone Star State.

Everytown for Gun Safety is former New York City mayor and big government-loving billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s faux grassroots gun control group. Borrowing from the playbook of Battleground Texas – the unsuccessful national effort by former Obama campaign operatives to make us a “swing state” last election cycle – they are dumping resources from outside Texas into our state to launch a misinformation campaign via television ads and social media against SB 11 and HB 937.

These bills are not – as Everytown claims in their deceptive ads – about creating an army of underage students packing heat in backpacks and bringing guns to classrooms. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, in 2014, less than 6% of the more than 246,000 CHLs issued or renewed were to individuals between the ages of 21-25. These bills are about giving adult faculty, staff and non-traditional students who are 21 years of age or older, who have passed a state and federal criminal records check, and who successfully completed classroom and range training and been issued a license by DPS, a personal protection option on the campuses where they live, work or study.

During the years in which the Legislature has debated but failed to pass campus carry legislation, there have been high-profile shootings covered by the national media at the University of Texas at Austin and bordering the Texas A&M campus in College Station. There were also stabbings at Lone Star College’s Cy-Fair campus in which more than a dozen people were wounded. These so-called 'gun-free zones' only serve to disarm law-abiding citizens and render them defenseless against violent criminals.

If Bloomberg and his gun control version of Battleground Texas succeed in defeating these bills, he will double-down and begin to lay the groundwork for future efforts to gut Texas’ carry laws and enact restrictions on private gun sales and possession of ammunition magazines, like he did in Colorado. So if you are a freedom-loving, Second Amendment supporter, these bills do impact you!

Contact House leadership as well as your lawmakers and urge them to pass SB 11/HB 937 this session. Tell them to support adult CHLs who have a 20-year record of law-abiding and responsible behavior and to stand up to New York liberal Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun agenda in Texas."

Email House Speaker Joe Straus http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/me ... session=84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can also contact his office by telephone at: 512-463-1000.

Contact information for House Members can be found by clicking here
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[Pre-paid legal service], LLP
1020 Bay Area Blvd., Suite 220
Houston, TX 77058 Telephone: 855-478-6607
Website: http://www.[Pre-paid legal service].com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

LOL using kids to tell me I've been brainwashed by the NRA seems a little nutty.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”