Congressman may face DC police probe due to gun in office

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Congressman may face DC police probe due to gun in office

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/u-congressman-pos ... 05442.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Colorado Congressman may face a DC police probe after being photographed with an AR15 in his congressional office in Washington DC.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Congressman may face DC police probe due to gun in offic

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I saw this photo yesterday and thought that such a photo being published wasn't a great idea given the gun laws in the District. Apparently, the Left-media can produce such firearms for "illustrative" purposes without any consequences, but woe to anyone else who does.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

His crime was being a pro-gun Republican Congressman with a gun. If he was an anti-gun Democrat there wouldn't be any investigation or charges. With liberals, actual behavior doesn't matter, just intent, and if you're a liberal your "intentions" are always good, by definition.

We're in Banana Republic territory now. Rule of law is dead when the stakes matter to someone in power. This is what happens when you're a Republican and actually act like one:

http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/20 ... eport.html
Cindy Archer, one of the lead architects of Wisconsin’s Act 10 — also called the “Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill,” it limited public-employee benefits and altered collective-bargaining rules for public-employee unions — was jolted awake by yelling, loud pounding at the door, and her dogs’ frantic barking. The entire house — the windows and walls — was shaking.
“I was so afraid,” she says. “I did not know what to do.” She grabbed some clothes, opened the door, and dressed right in front of the police. The dogs were still frantic.

“I begged and begged, ‘Please don’t shoot my dogs, please don’t shoot my dogs, just don’t shoot my dogs.’ I couldn’t get them to stop barking, and I couldn’t get them outside quick enough. I saw a gun and barking dogs. I was scared and knew this was a bad mix.”
The raids above were conceived by Milwaukee district attorney John Chisholm, a highly partisan Democrat whose wife is a shop steward in a Wisconsin teachers’ union. They were judicially approved by Judge Barbara Kluka, another Democrat. And of course, they were carried out by unionized Wisconsin police.

The motivation could not be clearer. Democrats only believe in free speech for Democrats. They’re particularly disturbed by the ascendancy of conservative Republican governor Scott Walker. That Walker has rationalized the state’s budget, turning a habitual deficit into an annual surplus, and his actions to reduce the bargaining privileges of Wisconsin’s municipal and state unions, have enraged Wisconsin Democrats beyond all description.

God help the conservative who dares to challenge the power of Wisconsin unions.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

VMI77 wrote:His crime was being a pro-gun Republican Congressman with a gun. If he was an anti-gun Democrat there wouldn't be any investigation or charges. With liberals, actual behavior doesn't matter, just intent, and if you're a liberal your "intentions" are always good, by definition.

We're in Banana Republic territory now. Rule of law is dead when the stakes matter to someone in power. This is what happens when you're a Republican and actually act like one:

http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/20 ... eport.html
Cindy Archer, one of the lead architects of Wisconsin’s Act 10 — also called the “Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill,” it limited public-employee benefits and altered collective-bargaining rules for public-employee unions — was jolted awake by yelling, loud pounding at the door, and her dogs’ frantic barking. The entire house — the windows and walls — was shaking.
“I was so afraid,” she says. “I did not know what to do.” She grabbed some clothes, opened the door, and dressed right in front of the police. The dogs were still frantic.

“I begged and begged, ‘Please don’t shoot my dogs, please don’t shoot my dogs, just don’t shoot my dogs.’ I couldn’t get them to stop barking, and I couldn’t get them outside quick enough. I saw a gun and barking dogs. I was scared and knew this was a bad mix.”
The raids above were conceived by Milwaukee district attorney John Chisholm, a highly partisan Democrat whose wife is a shop steward in a Wisconsin teachers’ union. They were judicially approved by Judge Barbara Kluka, another Democrat. And of course, they were carried out by unionized Wisconsin police.

The motivation could not be clearer. Democrats only believe in free speech for Democrats. They’re particularly disturbed by the ascendancy of conservative Republican governor Scott Walker. That Walker has rationalized the state’s budget, turning a habitual deficit into an annual surplus, and his actions to reduce the bargaining privileges of Wisconsin’s municipal and state unions, have enraged Wisconsin Democrats beyond all description.

God help the conservative who dares to challenge the power of Wisconsin unions.
Your story of Wisconsin has been hidden from our view for a long time. I'm glad it is coming out at last.
It is really a shame that the America we learned about in school, is not the one we have today.

Hopefully Wisconsin will vote these evil people out of office.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VoiceofReason »

It is really a shame that the America we learned about in school, is not the one we have today.
This is no longer my country. It belongs to them. If I knew then what I know now, right after I finished my four years in the military, I would have packed up everything with the family, moved to another country I have in mind and renounced my citizenship. Too old now.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

VoiceofReason wrote:
This is no longer my country. It belongs to them. If I knew then what I know now, right after I finished my four years in the military, I would have packed up everything with the family, moved to another country I have in mind and renounced my citizenship. Too old now.

I'm curious which country in which you would rather live and be a citizen. Care to share?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

mojo84 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:

I'm curious which country in which you would rather live and be a citizen. Care to share?
Brazil
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

VoiceofReason wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:

Brazil
If you think Brazil is the place to go, you need to read this.
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/brazil.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Of course he'll face probe from the DC police. David Gregory gets a free pass for his illegal magazine, but a Republican lawmaker holding a rifle with a trigger lock and no BCG is going to get a colonoscopy because he is a Republican.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

MeMelYup wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:

Brazil
If you think Brazil is the place to go, you need to read this.
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/brazil.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I didn’t make this choice because of the firearms laws. As a matter of fact I don’t think you will find a country in the world with firearms laws as permissive as we have in the U.S.

Brazil still has places that you can literally be “100 miles from nowhere”. Sort of like Alaska except you are not likely to freeze to death unless you choose to live in Patagonia.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

VoiceofReason wrote:
Brazil still has places that you can literally be “100 miles from nowhere”. Sort of like Alaska except you are not likely to freeze to death unless you choose to live in Patagonia.
Likely not going to happen in Brazil. Patagonia is primarily in southern Argentina, but also bleeds over into southern Chile (my wife was born and raised in the Argentinean portion of Patagonia).

From Wikipedia:
The Wikipedia Guru wrote:Patagonia is a sparsely populated region located at the southern end of South America, shared by Argentina and Chile. The region comprises the southern section of the Andes mountains as well as the deserts, steppes and grasslands east of this southern portion of the Andes. Patagonia has two coasts; a western one towards the Pacific Ocean and an eastern one towards the Atlantic Ocean.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

philip964 wrote: A Colorado Congressman may face a DC police probe after being photographed with an AR15 in his congressional office in Washington DC.
Good.. It's about time that congress understood the actual impact of draconian gun laws. Having one of their own prosecuted to the full extent of the law might get things changed.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:
philip964 wrote: A Colorado Congressman may face a DC police probe after being photographed with an AR15 in his congressional office in Washington DC.
Good.. It's about time that congress understood the actual impact of draconian gun laws. Having one of their own prosecuted to the full extent of the law might get things changed.
It will have zero effect on changing anything because the law will only be applied to pro-gun Congressmen. All those who voted for draconian gun laws will never be prosecuted for infractions like this.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The only problem is that the law(s) they have allegedly broken are not federal laws that they have made, but rather local DC laws.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”