US Supreme Court: Dog Sniffs

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: US Supreme Court: Dog Sniffs

Post by mojo84 »

Is searching one innocent good guy justification enough if it actually catches 10 bad guys? If it wasn't effective, they wouldn't be doing it.
I bet the ratio is closer 10 searches to net 1 or 2 bad guys. Same with pretextual traffic stops.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Daisy Cutter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Daisy Cutter »

SCOTUS 1969, police can lie during interrogation. This makes them non-credible in my view when interacting in a stop. Its sad that the law-abiding have to resort to video to try to preserve their rights.

Now if someone would invent a cheap gas chromatograph that would provide real-time uploadable cabin air data, to defeat the phony "I smell weed" search pretext, that would be a step in the right direction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazier_v._Cupp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

Daisy Cutter wrote: Its sad that the law-abiding have to resort to video to try to preserve their rights.
What's sad is that we have police departments that object to making changes that would protect good officers from bad circumstances, decrease the use of force (liability), and decrease the number of complaints that come from the public.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”