UK - Don't hurt your attacker!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mloamiller
Posts in topic: 3

UK - Don't hurt your attacker!

Post by mloamiller »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015052 ... rape-alarm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We may think it can't happen here, but I'm sure we thought the same thing about homosexual "marriage" just a few short years ago. Things like this start slow and before you know it, you don't recognize your country anymore. Removing unnecessary (illogical and ineffective) restrictions on owning and carrying a firearm for self defense is the only thing that will stop us from following in the UK's path.
This is exactly why our 2nd Amendment is so important. And why it is so important that the Texas Senate and House have approved the Open Carry act, and will hopefully remove current restrictions on carrying on college campuses. It seems silly to have to say it, but making more laws to keep "good guys" from carrying guns only makes it safer for the "bad guys."
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: UK - Don't hurt your attacker!

Post by VoiceofReason »

AndyC wrote:And my niece got beaten so badly 3 weeks ago on closing the pub she helps to run over there that she had to have a plate put into her cheek to shore up her eye-socket and cheekbone. Scumbags run wild in that country now; they have no natural predators such as an armed populace to keep them down.
Do those people have a clue what they have been conditioned to accept?

I have always considered the Brits fairly intelligent and during WWII most were not bad warriors.

Eventually I would expect someone to stand up and say you don’t have to be a genius to see this is wrong. Now that they have been all but totally disarmed would they even be able to do anything about it?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

AndyC wrote:And my niece got beaten so badly 3 weeks ago on closing the pub she helps to run over there that she had to have a plate put into her cheek to shore up her eye-socket and cheekbone. Scumbags run wild in that country now; they have no natural predators such as an armed populace to keep them down.
That's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope her recovery goes well.

When is she moving back to America?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KD5NRH »

AndyC wrote:Polish MMA fighter
Oh come on; get to the punchline. This sounds like a good one. :biggrinjester:

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

AndyC wrote:I think the younger Brits have no concept how it used to be, so they passively accept it - but it's the older ones who are vocal about things.
This is how the anti's win. And why we can't ever let that happen here.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

AndyC wrote:Thank you - she's healing nicely (and her boyfriend is a big Polish MMA fighter who's looking for the scumbags). She's South African,though, never been to the US.

I think the younger Brits have no concept how it used to be, so they passively accept it - but it's the older ones who are vocal about things.
I almost at a loss for words. Then again, they are banning knives over there. All I can say at this point is good luck to the boyfriend. May his search be fruitful...after all, I'm sure all he wants to do is talk to see what ails them.

Topic author
mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

If the Washington DC Attorney General and Chief of Police get their way, DC won't be far behind the UK.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015052 ... resistance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...in its latest filings with the court, the D.C. Attorney General’s Office continued to insist, “The risk of a gun-related tragedy -- accidental or deliberate -- by new licensees who have no particularized fear of any specific danger to their safety, outweighs plaintiffs’ speculative fears about any imminent need to defend themselves from a random, public attack.”
So nice of them to make that evaluation for everyone who lives in DC. Even then, their own arguments contradict each other:
...Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier had herself publicly stated, “Law-abiding citizens that register firearms, that follow the rules, are not our worry.”
LTC/SSC Instructor

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

AndyC wrote:Thank you - she's healing nicely (and her boyfriend is a big Polish MMA fighter who's looking for the scumbags). She's South African,though, never been to the US.
I hope he is successful.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

mr1337 wrote:
AndyC wrote:I think the younger Brits have no concept how it used to be, so they passively accept it - but it's the older ones who are vocal about things.
This is how the anti's win. And why we can't ever let that happen here.
It will get worse and worse until the British government has to control the news so the British subjects don’t know that Americans can defend themselves.

It’s just a matter of how bad crime must get before even the young people start demanding the right to defend themselves. It will work out this way because there will be a critical point where the nation can no longer function and the government cannot handle it.

I won’t see it in my lifetime though.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

We almost were that way back in the 70's or that timeframe, but we thankfully pulled back from it. Watch the Dirty Hary movies and Death Wish. The attitudes of the big city politicians and prosecutors were not far from the truth. Thankfully, people got fed up with it and things slowly moved back the other direction.

Look at the murder rates in the US. I believe they peaked back in those decades. Better laws on crime and punishment are as much or more of a factor on why murder rates have declined since then as gun issues.

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

MechAg94 wrote: Look at the murder rates in the US. I believe they peaked back in those decades. Better laws on crime and punishment are as much or more of a factor on why murder rates have declined since then as gun issues.
Well most places it has declined. Others are like Iraq - Baltimore, Chicago, NYC back in the hunt.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Topic author
mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Additional efforts in the UK to protect those intent on harming others:

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/11/b ... knife-ban/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTC/SSC Instructor

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”