What 2A items do you want to see in 2017?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

What 2A item do you want to see in 2017

Constitutional Carry
10%
Volunteer Security Group (churches and non profit)
14%
Removing Hospitals and Nursing homes from the statutory restricted list
16%
Remove off limit areas where a CHL may carry
48%
Other
8%
All of the above
4%

Total votes: 211

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What 2A items do you want to see in 2017?

Post by VoiceofReason »

RPBrown wrote:If you check other, please list it so we know what you wish.
Require those places with a valid 30.06 to have metal detectors at the doors and security that can do pat downs to make sure the bad guys just don't ignore the sign and carry a gun into the establishment.

Require those places with a valid 30.06 to have lock boxes at the door along with security to watch them so a CHL doesn't have to carry his/her firearm all he way back out to the parking lot.

This would probably drastically reduce the number of places you can't carry when the business owner has to put some money behind his/her decisions.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

VoiceofReason wrote:
RPBrown wrote:If you check other, please list it so we know what you wish.
Require those places with a valid 30.06 to have metal detectors at the doors and security that can do pat downs to make sure the bad guys just don't ignore the sign and carry a gun into the establishment.

Require those places with a valid 30.06 to have lock boxes at the door along with security to watch them so a CHL doesn't have to carry his/her firearm all he way back out to the parking lot.

This would probably drastically reduce the number of places you can't carry when the business owner has to put some money behind his/her decisions.
Zero percent chance, unfortunately.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Firearm safety be taught in all elementary schools.

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

1. Remove off-limits places for CHL holders, including schools and colleges.
2. Expand Labor Code Sec. 52.061 to prevent employers from prohibiting CHL holders from carrying while at work, assuming concealed carry would not impact their ability to do their job (i.e. someone working at a desk in an office - allowed to carry; someone who climbs a utility pole - maybe not).
3. Limit/remove the ability for businesses that are open to the public to prohibit legal concealed carry (i.e. don't allow the 30.06 exception).

I' m not a fan of "constitutional carry." Having a "shall issue" licensing program that includes background checks and firearms training only helps to support the changes above.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”