Arguing with Anti-Gun Folks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Arguing with Anti-Gun Folks

Post by dlh »

We have all had to listen to folks who tell us guns are what is wrong with America, etc. etc.

Those folks usually have access to a computer and the internet and I always encourage them to listen to this:

A few of the women I have talked to about this changed their mind after listening to/watching the video.

dlh
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Nano
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Arguing with Anti-Gun Folks

Post by Nano »

That is the best video I have seen on the subject. I have sent it on to my friends and relatives. Thanks for posting.
NRA Member

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

That made me a little sick to my stomach to hear.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

the only problem I see with this video is that it's almost implied that you need a chl to have a gun in your house. This happens often in these videos.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

That was powerful
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Nano

Post by Nano »

SewTexas wrote:the only problem I see with this video is that it's almost implied that you need a chl to have a gun in your house. This happens often in these videos.
I really didn't see it that way. The point he was was trying to make was that you need protection at home and away from home. If away from home most states require some kind of CHL.
NRA Member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Probably the same point could have been achieved with just the two 911 calls. The "Mr Barker" and "Mr Noisy Cricket" was way too cheesy.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TexasCajun wrote:Probably the same point could have been achieved with just the two 911 calls. The "Mr Barker" and "Mr Noisy Cricket" was way too cheesy.
I stopped watching at the point where he named his guns. That bit there isn't going to convince an anti-gun person of anything....at least, not favorably so.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:Probably the same point could have been achieved with just the two 911 calls. The "Mr Barker" and "Mr Noisy Cricket" was way too cheesy.
I stopped watching at the point where he named his guns. That bit there isn't going to convince an anti-gun person of anything....at least, not favorably so.
There was another 911 call at the end - a home invasion of some sort. That one got my attention more than the first because time seemed so drawn out.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

In response to the title, here is a good question to ask the anti-gunner. "What is the common denominator if every murder?"

See how many of them say human instead of a gun.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:In response to the title, here is a good question to ask the anti-gunner. "What is the common denominator if every murder?"

See how many of them say human instead of a gun.
I have a better question than that.....

"So tell me, which do you prefer: self defense, or chalk outlines? Now, if the bad guy has a gun, which do you prefer: your own gun, or a chalk outline shaped remarkably like you?"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”