DC Police Chief Says Citizens Should Fight Terrorists

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BobCat
Posts in topic: 2

Re: DC Police Chief Says Citizens Should Fight Terrorists

Post by BobCat »

Sorry I did not know that the DC Police Chief was a woman, and used the masculine pronoun.

I did not see, hear, or read the interview; I'm too deaf to watch TV but I remember enough of 60 Minutes (from when I did watch TV) that I would not watch it if I could.

Glad the Chief came out in favor of self-defense!

Now waiting to read that DC is issuing carry licenses freely...

Also waiting to see the 16 inches of ice on the streets of Houston, when DC starts issuing CHLs in earnest.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

BobCat wrote:Sorry I did not know that the DC Police Chief was a woman, and used the masculine pronoun.

I did not see, hear, or read the interview; I'm too deaf to watch TV but I remember enough of 60 Minutes (from when I did watch TV) that I would not watch it if I could.

Also waiting to see the 16 inches of ice on the streets of Houston, when DC starts issuing CHLs in earnest.
Really? You're this petty?

Man-up.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DevilDawg »

Skiprr wrote:
BobCat wrote:Sorry I did not know that the DC Police Chief was a woman, and used the masculine pronoun.

Really? You're this petty?

Man-up.
I believe you might have misread the post. Nothing there was petty, it was however dripping with righteous sarcasm.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

DevilDawg wrote:....
I believe you might have misread the post. Nothing there was petty, it was however dripping with righteous sarcasm.
.. which was a joy to read and very well understood.
"rlol"
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

RoyGBiv wrote:Don't take this sound bite lightly folks. It's a HUGE crack in the dam. One of the most high visibility anti-gun people in the country telling folks they need to be accountable for their own safety and take the opportunity to fight back.

That is not a small confession.
:iagree:

I've spent enough time in DC to believe that this was potentially painful for her to admit. That's the first step. Would now like to see her truly embrace a higher power - CC/OC for all. :tiphat:
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

So is it possible to dream? Is it actually possible that "authorities" might be coming to the realization that when it comes to terrorist attacks, mostly what they do is clean up the mess afterwards? That maybe, just maybe, some armed citizens at the location might actually be useful instead of making the situation worse as they've always claimed? (How it could get worse than three guys with AK-47s and suicide belts is left to the imagination.) Dare we hope?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

FCH

Post by FCH »

I didn't see the interview. Did she say anything about weapons or was this the 'throw yourself on the terrorist' type of defense?
NRA Member
TSRA Member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

She got a few things right. 1) Americans should stop evil in it's tracks. 2) Terrorists in Washington DC is a very good place to start...
III

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

How do you battle terrorists in a city that's wildly anti-gun and works very hard to keep them out of law abiding hands?

Or, has that changed?

Or, do they expect citizens to battle potential terrorists with pitchforks and torches?

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

FCH wrote:I didn't see the interview. Did she say anything about weapons or was this the 'throw yourself on the terrorist' type of defense?
I’m thinking they want the peons to charge the terrorists unarmed before they can get to her or others in the government.

Edited to add:
Upon further consideration, she could have realized that all the publicity concerning other states issuing carry licenses and D.C. dragging their feet has made the city a prime terrorist target, coupled with the fact D.C. is the seat of federal government.

Maybe she is hoping a little tough talk will prevent an attack on D.C.

Just a little speculation on my part.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Sorry if that didnt make sense.
Last edited by VoiceofReason on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

FCH

Post by FCH »

VoiceofReason wrote:Sorry if that didnt make sense ...
Makes sense to me. It is an unfortunate truth that if the peons all attack, less people will be killed. Like in United Airlines Flight 93, no telling how many lives they saved by taking out the terrorists.
Last edited by FCH on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

F350-6 wrote:If we actually had an unbiased media who know how to act as a reporter, someone would have brought this part up to the chief by now.
^ This ^

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”