The Cognitive Dissonance is Strong With This One

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

The Cognitive Dissonance is Strong With This One

Post by baldeagle »

It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them.
Setting aside the fact that this bozo is an American living in Canada, she writes this:
Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police. Not just because of San Bernardino, or whichever mass shooting may pop up next, but also not not because of those. Don’t sort the population into those who might do something evil or foolish or self-destructive with a gun and those who surely will not. As if this could be known—as if it could be assessed without massively violating civil liberties and stigmatizing the mentally ill. Ban guns! Not just gun violence. Not just certain guns. Not just already-technically-illegal guns. All of them.
So, gee, it wouldn't be right to violate the civil rights of mentally ill people, but those darn gun people? Weeeeellllll, let's just round them all up and take away their guns, because gee, that wouldn't be, what was it she said? "Massively violating civil liberties and stigmatizing" to gun owners.

Geez.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Cognitive Dissonance is Strong With This One

Post by sugar land dave »

I have to give you bonus points for the use of the words cognitive and dissonance. Bravo! :tiphat:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

DocV

Post by DocV »

Come to think of it, maybe we should ban roads. All roads. Get rid of roads, streets and, as much as possible, alleys. Not just because 30 thousand people die every year, or whatever mass traffic jam might clog up DFW, but also not not because of those. .... :banghead:

Please pass the aspirin.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Nothing to get upset about here.

Once a person has submitted to the cult programming of the left, they are much like a round fired up in the air - they're no good for anything, their trajectory can't be changed,and most of the time they have little impact worthy of note.

If we got upset every time one of these zombie morons spouts off, we'd spend our lives in that condition. That would expend far more energy than their gibberish merits, and distract us from doing things that are worthwhile - which I suspect is the actual objective of many of these rants.

I recommend responding under the Trump strategy - saying something like "stop all immigration for six months" - to get them to go totally unhinged and tumble and richochet around for a while for your entertainment. They'll reliably do just that because they are purely reactive and completely lack any analytical or self awareness skills that might allow them to recognize what you've done.

It's quite amusing once you get the hang of it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Excaliber wrote:Nothing to get upset about here.

Once a person has submitted to the cult programming of the left, they are much like a round fired up in the air - they're no good for anything, their trajectory can't be changed,and most of the time they have little impact worthy of note.

If we got upset every time one of these zombie morons spouts off, we'd spend our lives in that condition. That would expend far more energy than their gibberish merits, and distract us from doing things that are worthwhile - which I suspect is the actual objective of many of these rants.

I recommend responding under the Trump strategy - saying something like "stop all immigration for six months" - to get them to go totally unhinged and tumble and richochet around for a while for your entertainment. They'll reliably do just that because they are purely reactive and completely lack any analytical or self awareness skills that might allow them to recognize what you've done.

It's quite amusing once you get the hang of it.
And, it takes what they are pleased to call their minds off their other troubles, which are many.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

Every time I read one of these I picture her as:

A medieval art history major, from a unknown school, home schooling 5 kids and they are all in front of me in a honda mini van with Clinton and green peace stickers on it, on the toll way in the left lane going 10 miles an hour under with the turn signal on for no apparent reason .... She is upset that she cant get a job, and her husband has been laid off 4 times because he cant show up for work on time and sober...Lives in a house 2x the size of mine and only filed bankruptcy twice but really trying this time.

Absolutely no connection with reality ... No sense of personal responsibility

yes ive spent some time on this ...

;-)

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

When the rabid gun grabbers will take it as their solemn duty to stand between me (and mine) and danger in the form of anyone with guns and ill intent, I'll consider handing mine over. Until they provide proof by not only promising but actually doing this and proving effective, they pose as much a threat to my existence as someone else with a gun might since they would have me be unarmed in the face of evil.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

92f-fan wrote:Every time I read one of these I picture her as:

A medieval art history major, from a unknown school, home schooling 5 kids and they are all in front of me in a honda mini van with Clinton and green peace stickers on it, on the toll way in the left lane going 10 miles an hour under with the turn signal on for no apparent reason .... She is upset that she cant get a job, and her husband has been laid off 4 times because he cant show up for work on time and sober...Lives in a house 2x the size of mine and only filed bankruptcy twice but really trying this time.

;-)
You're on the right track. She's working on a book on White Privilege. She has a Ph.D. in French Studies.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

;-)
The reason she can't find a job is because the only places willing to pay for skills in her areas of expertise are the colleges that hired the professors who taught her those skills - and they aren't about to give up those tenured positions or they'd be out of work too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

baldeagle wrote:

;-)
You're on the right track. She's working on a book on White Privilege. She has a Ph.D. in French Studies.
I swear I didn't google it - It just my rant ... Funnier that its true

I love the white privilege bull. Im an old middle class white guy, I didnt get to pick old or white, I keep my nose to the grind stone to keep the middle class...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

As I pointed out on Facebook when I saw this article..... read down at the bottom:
Phoebe Maltz Bovy is a writer living in Toronto. She is writing a book with St. Martin’s Press about the idea of privilege (2017).
The opinions of a mad cow in Canada are worth far less than a cup of warm spit in the United States.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

It takes cognition to have cognitive dissonance.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

baldeagle wrote:It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them.
Setting aside the fact that this bozo is an American living in Canada, she writes this:
Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police. Not just because of San Bernardino, or whichever mass shooting may pop up next, but also not not because of those. Don’t sort the population into those who might do something evil or foolish or self-destructive with a gun and those who surely will not. As if this could be known—as if it could be assessed without massively violating civil liberties and stigmatizing the mentally ill. Ban guns! Not just gun violence. Not just certain guns. Not just already-technically-illegal guns. All of them.
So, gee, it wouldn't be right to violate the civil rights of mentally ill people, but those darn gun people? Weeeeellllll, let's just round them all up and take away their guns, because gee, that wouldn't be, what was it she said? "Massively violating civil liberties and stigmatizing" to gun owners.

Geez.

Don't be so quick to reject her advice. She said take them from the police too. Let's start there...I'm all for it. Sure, there would be some collateral damage to our side, but the damage it would do to liberals, especially after police start quitting in droves, might well end any effective anti-gun nonsense for decades to come. They could say good bye to safe liberal enclaves isolated from the great unwashed American people they loath so much. :smilelol5:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

baldeagle wrote:Ban guns. All guns.
Weeeelllllll, I'll tellya what. You go into all the hoods in cities like LA, Detroit, Miami, Chicago, St. Louis, the Texas border towns, etc. and get EVERY ONE of the Crips, Bloods, MS13s, Los Zetas, H. Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Bandidos, psychiatric patients, felons, etc. to turn in all their guns, then I'll turn in mine. Deal? "rlol"
-Ruark

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Ruark wrote:
baldeagle wrote:Ban guns. All guns.
Weeeelllllll, I'll tellya what. You go into all the hoods in cities like LA, Detroit, Miami, Chicago, St. Louis, the Texas border towns, etc. and get EVERY ONE of the Crips, Bloods, MS13s, Los Zetas, H. Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Bandidos, psychiatric patients, felons, etc. to turn in all their guns, then I'll turn in mine. Deal? "rlol"
And why would you be willing to make that deal? I wouldn't. You think the Zetas, Crips, MS13 and the like are going to stop being criminals if they temporarily don't have guns? You prepared to take on 3 or 4 guys with baseball bats or knives with your fists?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”