Austin man continues fight over City Hall gun policy

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Austin man continues fight over City Hall gun policy

Post by dhoobler »

Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

C-dub

Re: Austin man continues fight over City Hall gun policy

Post by C-dub »

Since, in the AG's mind, the problem was resolved by the removal of the sign(s), it also likely that the City of Austin will be told that they cannot give oral notice excluding folks with a CHL or LTC from carrying. Let's just hope that it doesn't take another 5-6 months for the AG to inform Austin.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ELB

Post by ELB »

This is certainly bad faith by the City of Austin. I'm not sure what the options the AG actually has beyond processing the new complaint per the law, but I would hope he could consider it as a continuation of the original complaint so as to not restart the clock for going to court and seeking fines.
USAF 1982-2005

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

C-dub wrote:Since, in the AG's mind, the problem was resolved by the removal of the sign(s), it also likely that the City of Austin will be told that they cannot give oral notice excluding folks with a CHL or LTC from carrying. Let's just hope that it doesn't take another 5-6 months for the AG to inform Austin.

it will, possibly longer. as they say the wheels of justice are slow, mostly because the bearings are rusty from lack of use :banghead:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”