Sean Payton: Can get 10 guns shipped to your house tomorrow

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lacie008
Posts in topic: 1

Sean Payton: Can get 10 guns shipped to your house tomorrow

Post by lacie008 »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /82899630/

I just wish once someone would include a link to these glorious websites they reference.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sean Payton: Can get 10 guns shipped to your house tomorrow

Post by Jusme »

lacie008 wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /82899630/

I just wish once someone would include a link to these glorious websites they reference.

Yeah, I'm not able to find the ten guns shipped directly deal either. :confused5

Wasn't this the coach who was suspended for paying players to injure opposing players possibly ending their careers? Sounds like a peach of a guy and really into non-violence. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I am sure you could get an FFL to deliver 10 guns if you paid them enough. You would still have to do the same paperwork. Not an issue for the average person.

I am guessing he is NOT talking about black powder guns or pre-1898 firearms. CMP certainly doesn't deliver that fast.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

On the other hand, I am sure if you had money and knew the right people, you could get 10 illegal guns delivered. Also not an issue for the average law abiding person.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

When y'all figure out the door to door shipping for firearms please let me know! I've been waiting on this day for so long! :rolll

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.
“We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,” he said. “I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.”
Either Payton is lying, ignorant, or he holds an FFL license. Let's discount the FFL possibility since he admits to a strong anti-gun bias. So he is either completely ignorant or he is lying. He paid people to injure other people, so he is not very honest. And he seems like an intelligent person, so my guess is that he is lying.

He also demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the purpose for the second amendment. Again, either ignorant or dishonest.

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.
“We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,” he said. “I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.”
Either Payton is lying, ignorant, or he holds an FFL license. Let's discount the FFL possibility since he admits to a strong anti-gun bias. So he is either completely ignorant or he is lying. He paid people to injure other people, so he is not very honest. And he seems like an intelligent person, so my guess is that he is lying.

He also demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the purpose for the second amendment. Again, either ignorant or dishonest.
Since he's admittedly anti-gun and grew up in an anti-gun environment, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with ignorant. He has enough on his plate trying to rebuild a football team that his lack of knowledge of 2A is understandable. Like most "celebrities", he should limit his public comments to what he knows about (allegedly football) and keep his mouth shut about politics.

just my 2 pence.

fickman

Post by fickman »

I put together a compilation of all of his statements for another thread. I'll repost it here for this conversation:

He seems to have hit all of the favorites:
- mythical online gun vending machine
- non-sequitor reference to the UK
- mentioning hunting
- science fiction-like attributes for a "large caliber" gun
- inaccurate historical statements
- irrational view of utopian future where we all drink free Bubble-Up and eat rainbow stew
- blaming the gun instead of the actor, and especially instead of any potential responsibility that the "victim" might have had in the situation

. . . did he miss anything from the playbook?

----------------------------------------------------
We were treated to these gems from Sean Payton, the Saints head coach:
Sean Payton wrote:I hate guns. ... I've heard people argue that everybody needs a gun. That's madness. I know there are many kids who grow up in a hunting environment. I get that. But there are places, like England, where even the cops don't have guns,
Sean Payton wrote:It was a large caliber gun. A .45. It was designed back during World War I. And this thing just stops people. It will kill someone within four or five seconds after they are struck. You bleed out. After the first shot, he took three more in his back. ... We could go online and get 10 of them and have them shipped to our house tomorrow. I don't believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.
Sean Payton wrote:I'm not an extreme liberal; I find myself leaning to the right on some issues. But on this issue, I can’t wrap my brain around it.
Sean Payton wrote:Two hundred years from now, they’re going to look back and say, ‘What was that madness about?’ The idea that we need them to fend off intruders … people are more apt to draw them (in other situations). That’s some silly stuff we’re hanging on to.
Audio and full story on Payton here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /82899630/
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -hate-guns
http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blo ... e=activity
Native Texian

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If I owned the Saints, he would have been fired within minutes after making such a statement.

Chas.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If I owned the Saints, he would have been fired within minutes after making such a statement.

Chas.

I don't think the ownership cares what Sean Payton does, they have been embroiled in controversy themselves, there were reports that the owner's box had receivers wired in to intercept opposing team's radio signals from the booth to the field. Of course by the time investigators went to check there was nothing there. If they didn't get rid of him when he was suspended for a whole season for paying bounties on opposing players, I don't see him going anywhere soon.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Guns are horrible, but putting bounties on players on opponents teams and injuring them is OK.

Dude, you got your head on straight!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rotor

Post by rotor »

Perhaps he she be more concerned with traumatic brain injuries of his players.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I just like how people jump up in defense immediately when no one has any facts of the situation.

There are bad cops, bad white/black/asian/.../.... people. There are bad people in my family and yours alike. Everyone needs to take a step back, evaluate the situation at hand and remove emotions from the conversation.

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

This explains it....

Date of birth: December 29, 1963 (age 52)
Place of birth: San Mateo, California
High school: Naperville (IL) Central
College: Eastern Illinois
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”