Orlando It has started.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Orlando It has started.

Post by Jim Beaux »

Beiruty wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:Many refer to the Koran as if it is one book-it's not. As is the bible, there are several translations, and as with Christianity there are several different denominations-each having differences that cause angry disagreement. One thing I see- is though there are Muslims across the globe -the violence predominately comes from one area.

The Muslims I personally know are peaceful and respectful. Logic leads me to believe that terrorism is the product of a violent society/culture, not the religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_s ... d_branches
Translations are not the reference book. There is only one version and it is written in Arabic. In Islam it is forbidden to have a literal translation. You can translated the explanation of the verses.

NB. My posts here are for clarification only. Not a discussion.
Beiruty, If you dont mind would you please elaborate on your above post?

I agree that the Dajjal is the anti-Christ & Isa ibn Maryam is Jesus. I also understand that Islam recognizes Jesus as not the son, but a messenger & prophet of God.

Wanting to learn more.
Jim,

Over the centuries, Muslim scholars authored many explanation books for the meanings of the verses and/or reasons and circumstances of the revelations of the verses. Even, the Prophet Muhammad asked God, to enlighten the heart of his cousin Abdullah bin Abbass to learn the meanings of the verses of Al-Quran. He used to be called the "Translator of Al-Quran" (Arabic to Arabic!)

There is only one and only one version of Al-Quran in Arabic. Not a single letter was added or removed since it was revealed, and then assembled in a book. Al-Quran is not Authored by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) who he did not know how to read or write. Great Angel Gaberial (as a messenger from God) is the Angel who taught the Prophet Muhammad Al-Quran.

It is permissible to translate the Explanation Books of Al-Quran for those who do not know Arabic.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

For the same reason that I urged a vigorous defense of the 1st Amendment in my previous post - regardless of the other person's religious inclinations - I would urge that this discussion get back on track. TO ME, that track appears to be the threat posed to otherwise peaceful people, who don't always agree about all things, by the particular scourge of (for lack of a better term) "Islamofascism". I define "Islamofascism" as that particular movement which is currently engaged in attempting to dominate the world with a fascistic worldview, under the cloak of a religion much loved by billions of mostly peaceful people, and willing to perform any degree of savagery in that religion's name.

We should avoid, for the purposes of staying on the right side of forum rules, the relative merits or demerits of entire religions relative to one another.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Topbuilder »

SMH.
:iagree:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”