Orlando It has started.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Orlando It has started.

Post by Beiruty »

JALLEN wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Somehow, in all this anti-Muslim fervor, you've got to find room for the 1st Amendment protection of freedom of religion. I am an evangelical Christian who finds great fault in Islamic theology, but will lay down my life for the right of a Muslim to peacefully practice his religion here.....as do more than one Muslim members of THIS forum....who are also pledged to protect my 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion.

There's a very good reason why the 2nd Amendment comes right after the 1st; but don't lose sight of the fact that the 1st IS first.....also for very good reasons....
I just got Sebastian Gupta's book Sunday and have read ~60% or so. He points out that
Islam is not a “religion” in the sense this term is commonly understood. It is a system encompassing all fields of living. Islam means politics, economics, legislation, science, humanism, health, psychology and sociology.
It is a mistake to view Islam as merely a religion.
Judaism and Christianity have similar code of conduct, like killing one's son if he disobey his father, etc... Killing the homosexuals too.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Topbuilder »

Beiruty wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Somehow, in all this anti-Muslim fervor, you've got to find room for the 1st Amendment protection of freedom of religion. I am an evangelical Christian who finds great fault in Islamic theology, but will lay down my life for the right of a Muslim to peacefully practice his religion here.....as do more than one Muslim members of THIS forum....who are also pledged to protect my 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion.

There's a very good reason why the 2nd Amendment comes right after the 1st; but don't lose sight of the fact that the 1st IS first.....also for very good reasons....
I just got Sebastian Gupta's book Sunday and have read ~60% or so. He points out that
Islam is not a “religion” in the sense this term is commonly understood. It is a system encompassing all fields of living. Islam means politics, economics, legislation, science, humanism, health, psychology and sociology.
Judaism and Christianity have similar code of conduct, like killing one's son if he disobey his father, etc... Killing the homosexuals too.
And is that still happening today...
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Jim Beaux wrote:Many refer to the Koran as if it is one book-it's not. As is the bible, there are several translations, and as with Christianity there are several different denominations-each having differences that cause angry disagreement. One thing I see- is though there are Muslims across the globe -the violence predominately comes from one area.

The Muslims I personally know are peaceful and respectful. Logic leads me to believe that terrorism is the product of a violent society/culture, not the religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_s ... d_branches
Translations are not the reference book. There is only one version and it is written in Arabic. In Islam it is forbidden to have a literal translation. You can translated the explanation of the verses.

NB. My posts here are for clarification only. Not a discussion.
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Topbuilder wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
JALLEN wrote:

I am not say it is still happening or it should happen. Homosexuals are not be killed, anyways.
Beiruty,

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

I worry about a terrorist attack, a little. I can't say it keeps me awake at night.

Now, the thought of Hillary as president . . .

Yeah, I worry about that. A lot.

Last week I ordered a couple of AR lower receivers. Don't really have plans for them right now, but figured I'd get in ahead of the panic buying. Looks like my timing may have been good, for once.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

Beiruty wrote:
Topbuilder wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
JALLEN wrote:

I am not say it is still happening or it should happen. Homosexuals are not be killed, anyways.
"At least 68 gay and transgendered men have been killed over the last four months, according to the London-based rights advocacy group Iraqi LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender), bringing the total number of killings of Iraqis because of their sexuality to 678 since 2004"
source - Wikiislam
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim Beaux »

Beiruty wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:Many refer to the Koran as if it is one book-it's not. As is the bible, there are several translations, and as with Christianity there are several different denominations-each having differences that cause angry disagreement. One thing I see- is though there are Muslims across the globe -the violence predominately comes from one area.

The Muslims I personally know are peaceful and respectful. Logic leads me to believe that terrorism is the product of a violent society/culture, not the religion.

Translations are not the reference book. There is only one version and it is written in Arabic. In Islam it is forbidden to have a literal translation. You can translated the explanation of the verses.

Beiruty, If you dont mind would you please elaborate on your above post?

I agree that the Dajjal is the anti-Christ & Isa ibn Maryam is Jesus. I also understand that Islam recognizes Jesus as not the son, but a messenger & prophet of God.

Wanting to learn more.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

There is a very good translation by Usama Dakdok - "The Generous Qur'an"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Topbuilder wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Topbuilder wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
JALLEN wrote:

"At least 68 gay and transgendered men have been killed over the last four months, according to the London-based rights advocacy group Iraqi LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender), bringing the total number of killings of Iraqis because of their sexuality to 678 since 2004"
source - Wikiislam
I meant that Western world is not killing LGBT members, nor should be killed anyways. If ISIS regime is killing said members, they are killing countless others regardless of their sexualities.
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Jim Beaux wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

Beiruty, If you dont mind would you please elaborate on your above post?

I agree that the Dajjal is the anti-Christ & Isa ibn Maryam is Jesus. I also understand that Islam recognizes Jesus as not the son, but a messenger & prophet of God.

Wanting to learn more.
Jim,

Over the centuries, Muslim scholars authored many explanation books for the meanings of the verses and/or reasons and circumstances of the revelations of the verses. Even, the Prophet Muhammad asked God, to enlighten the heart of his cousin Abdullah bin Abbass to learn the meanings of the verses of Al-Quran. He used to be called the "Translator of Al-Quran" (Arabic to Arabic!)

There is only one and only one version of Al-Quran in Arabic. Not a single letter was added or removed since it was revealed, and then assembled in a book. Al-Quran is not Authored by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) who he did not know how to read or write. Great Angel Gaberial (as a messenger from God) is the Angel who taught the Prophet Muhammad Al-Quran.

It is permissible to translate the Explanation Books of Al-Quran for those who do not know Arabic.
Last edited by Beiruty on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

Beiruty wrote:
JALLEN wrote:

I must say, in 7 decades since baptism, I have never heard it accepted or claimed that killing one's son, or killing homosexuals is a point of belief. I cannot imagine a pulpit in a Christian church from which such a teaching would emanate. I can't speak to Judaism on my own knowledge, of course, but would be very surprised to learn it would be true.

I am open to thinking, and reading, most anything to think about, but I am beginning to consider the idea that Islam is utterly incompatible with western democratic culture, and that believers cannot sincerely swear oaths of allegiance in our culture, those being completely antithetical to Islam.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

It does exisit even till this exact day. See for yourself A baptist nonetheless

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/06/ ... Y.facebook
Beiruty,

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

Beiruty, I'm glad you're here. I believe it is immensely helpful.

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

We are forced to believe Jesus is both Jewish and Arab Moslem. (600 years before it was invented)
We must believe Jesus Was the Son, was not the Son, but was only a prophet.
We must believe Jesus died on the cross. And, that he was never on the cross. If fact he never died. This is why he is able to return to remove all other forms of religion and to tell the people of the book about his true moslem nature.
And finally, we must believe the Jesus who comes to punish the moslem nations for the mistreatment of his people (Jews) and the dividing of His land (Levant) , also comes to eliminate every Jew from the land and deliver the entire Earth to Moslem rule.
Same Jesus? Same God?
Choose as if your life depends on it my friends.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

OK folks, keep this off of religion and on topic of defense or we will lock this topic.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”